f18 vs UFO | Page 2 | FerrariChat

f18 vs UFO

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Ryan S., Dec 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    By the way, I was not surprised given the odd switch from B&W to color and, of course, the fact that the Mig-21 is a single seat fighter, to find this video is a fake. Maybe I was a little disappointed, though :) Can't believe everything we see, even if it IS on History, haha!

Boomhauer likes this.
  2. lambchop

lambchop Karting

Apr 29, 2005

Couldn't agree more. I have to think if it was of any concern beyond some sort of decimation of misinformation, we'd throw more than $20 mil at it. Far more has been spent on far less. The bottom line, the public, is in the dark, well, about the dark.

The event summary a few posts above is, admittedly, odd.

3. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    It is. I wonder if there is some type of unrelated visual phenomenon that can explain the disturbance in the water.

4. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    I must say, the 2004 incident is compelling. You have the advanced radar systems on a Ticonderoga class cruiser, coupled with the advanced tracking systems on the F-18, with highly trained air crew. The UFO did not have wings, or rotors, or any exhaust plume that showed up on the IR system. If this UFO belonged to any state actor, we would likely see this type of propulsion system incorporated into that state's military craft. The UFO could belong to a "Captain Nemo" type character. Someone working outside of any government control, with knowledge of exotic propulsion systems. Or it could be the Zanti Misfits. Consider the explosion of exoplanet discoveries in recent years. Many of which are in the stars' habitable zones. These are profound discoveries.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/18/politics/luis-elizondo-ufo-pentagon/index.html

Chupacabra likes this.
  5. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    It certainly seems to have a very limited number of plausible explanations if it did indeed occur 100% as stated. I'd say we apply Occam's Razor, but...what are the known quantities and what's the simplest theory??

6. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    Well, uh.. The Soviets, uh...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Well, we DO know this; The Communist Soviets were notorious for fake propaganda videos demonstrating their technology and science and we do know the KGB was very interested in the snooping as much of the USA's investigation of UFO's as well. This video could be a solid piece of crap propaganda courtesy of the USSR.
    Inside Russia, there is a joke saying, "PHOTOSHOP!!!" Which is tied in back when Joe Stalin edited out people he did not like in photographs. When Adobe came out with Photoshop, Russians were getting pirated copies along with pirated Windows, the term really took off for calling out fakes.

7. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Hmm, I had never seen that. Trainer? Recon?

Envision likes this.
  8. RacerX_GTO

Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    Trainer 21. Single seats by the trillions. Very few two-rider.

9. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Gotcha. Well, they would have done well to have avoided in-cockpit footage from an F-15 intercepting a TU-95 if they did make the video :)

10. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    I think we need to find a common denominator - Zanti Misfits.

This documentary details some of the more popular incidents.

11. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I have a hard time believing ET exists. With 5/6G and IOT there will be billions of real-time cameras. If we don't easily see any on them they just don't exist. Conversely, if they do exist it would not be possible to cover up.

12. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    #37 spicedriver, Dec 26, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
    A number of government documents on UFOs have been released through FOIA requests.

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/collection/ufos-fact-or-fiction

This is an interesting documentary on UFOs and nuclear weapons.

13. RacerX_GTO

Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    Had some spare time over the holiday. For those not ready to sit down and watch an unknown doc for 48+mins, here's the summary;
    Since nukes appeared on history's timeline, UFO's have surrounded them. Former silo-men told to shut it, come forward with similar accounts of UFO sightings. UFO interaction with nuke systems continue through this day, despite the ongoing government flip-flops of confirmations and denials. The accounts contrasted with the reports confirm something is happening out there.

While watching the video, UFO's messed with my Linux system, locking the video up at commercial break. So I have a bone to pick with them too.

Contained within are fascinating details, here's a rough count timer summary

-Arms race introduction USA and USSR
    4:00 - Early days, missile silos seem to be monitored by UFO's and in some cases missiles disabled from launch.
    6:00 - Those silo-men begin to come forward with their accounts
    9:30 - Soviets begin to observe the same UFO encounters since their nuclear programs started.
    11:00 - Declassified documents begin to show a correlation with atomic sites and sightings documented with Project Blue Book
    19:00 - Government denies UFO claims despite the overwhelming accounts that have come forward
    21:00 - UFO recorded shooting a test ballistic dummy missile off its course. CIA visitation at Vandenberg AFB.
    33:00 - Project Blue Book's head Maj. Hector Quintanilla denies before the press that UFO's are a threat to public safety.
    35:00 - UFO's continue to tamper with nuclear missile silo sites through the 70's.
    37:00 - Bentwater RAF Base UFO incident detailed
    41:30 - Soviets confirm a Bentwater-like incident occurred on their missile facility.
    42:20 - Oct 4 1982, Ukraine, UFO activated Soviet nuclear missiles into countdown mode, completely
    bypassing the launch code authorization. At the last minute, the launch was stopped, and missiles put back
    into ready status on their own.
    44:44 - Post-Cold War, the direct UFO interference with nuclear missile silo systems continues with many more accounts.
    47:00 0 Wrap up - Hastings asks for more accounts from those in the nuclear arena to come forward.

14. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Zanti Misfits strike again.

"BRUTAL DEFLECTION TO ANYONE WHO INVADES OUR PRIVACY !"

And another interesting documentary.

15. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    Hard to believe it is an artifact if:
    1. tlwo pilots had a visual on not only the object but the effect it was having on the water underneath it. Both described the same thing.

2. The equipment in the plane was using infrared so was seeing something in addition to what the pilots' naked the sae
    3. Same object was tracked by command.

Doesn't mean it is a UFO, but not a big crawling across the screen of the f18..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

16. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    If they said they weren't spending any money on the subject that would raise more alarms than stating they were spending a token sum. A $20M line item would just be window dressing on the real spending cloaked behind the black curtain. It actually serves as a great mis-direct by making people believe that the government is keeping track of things, but that there is nothing serious to report.

17. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
  18. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I remember as a kid seeing a bunch of photos and videos of alleged ET/UFOs. Now we've had cameras built into our phones and public cameras all over the place you'd think there would be way more "evidence," but I barely read anything on the subject now. All fake stuff...

19. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    I remember buying books on the subject some 40 years ago. There was never any logical explanation, and the stories just got more bizarre. Of course there are fakes, e.g. Billy Meier. And some others like Flight 19 that just got lost and crashed into the ocean. Flight 19 will likely be found some day.

But...

The NY Times article. The NY Times - claims that Bigelow was paid to modify buildings in Las Vegas in order to store material from alien craft. That's pretty strange.

Bigelow has some creds. One of his modules has been installed on the Space Station. Also, his modules will likely make up the Cislunar Station, and a base on the Moon.

20. Jacob Potts

Jacob Potts Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2008
    Pueblo, CO
    Full Name:
    Jacob Potts
    Here is an interview of one of the F/A018 pilots, along with some reporters taking them seriously.

21. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Klaatu barada nikto! :D:D:D

22. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    That document does not read like any intel doc I've ever seen. It's made to look governmentish...and it may well be...but it's not very military. Almost looks like some nerd took whatever they could find that we have already seen regarding this topic and set it to music...i.e. make a coherent document for a consumer. I'm sure others here can add or subtract to this.

23. westextifosi

westextifosi Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2009
    Lubbock, TX
    Full Name:
    Tex Timberlake
    Which is alien for caca de toro

24. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008