F355 2.7 Metal Version of "Profile" Piece? | FerrariChat

F355 2.7 Metal Version of "Profile" Piece?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by F1ScuderiaTifosi, Jul 27, 2022.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1ScuderiaTifosi

Mar 16, 2015
    Hill Country TEXAS
    Full Name:
    JB
    Good day to everyone,

I'm hoping to get some assistance with the identification of a part number. I'm unsure if this metal version is OEM or aftermarket? I have the rubber version on my 1995 GTB but I'd rather prefer the metal version I've seen on other 355 vehicles. When I do a search of the 2.7 part number I see the rubber version and when I do a search of the 5.2 part number I oddly don't find any images. I've only been able to see it when I do a general search for F355/355. Thanks in advance for the assistance, I appreciate it and I hope y'all have a great rest of the week!

This trim piece is listed as "Profile" for the 2.7 vehicles and "Gasket" for the 5.2 vehicles.

Table: 106
    Part Numbers: 64679800 (2.7) & 65083700 (5.2). None on Challenge tables.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. spaghetti_jet

spaghetti_jet Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2005
    Europa
    Full Name:
    Bob
  3. F1ScuderiaTifosi

Mar 16, 2015
    Hill Country TEXAS
    Full Name:
    JB
    Yes, that is the type which is on my 2.7 as I mentioned above. I am looking for the metal version of this trim. If you look at the photos you can see the difference. Thanks for the reply though!

4. F1ScuderiaTifosi

Mar 16, 2015
    Hill Country TEXAS
    Full Name:
    JB
  5. spaghetti_jet

spaghetti_jet Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2005
    Europa
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Ah, ok. Sorry, misunderstood the question.

6. F1ScuderiaTifosi

Mar 16, 2015
    Hill Country TEXAS
    Full Name:
    JB
    All good, no worries spaghetti_jet :D

7. 05elise

05elise Karting

Jul 20, 2011
    Sharpsburg, GA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    It appears that the part number 65083700 for the 5.2 is indeed the metal one you are trying to find. Here are photos of that part used on eBay from Ferrparts https://www.ebay.com/itm/124565277911 and it is clearly the rigid metal one. They seem to have it priced pretty aggressively seeing as new ones are under $100 from the typical new Ferrari parts vendors, but none of them have one in stock so the part may not be available right now.

8. F1ScuderiaTifosi

Mar 16, 2015
    Hill Country TEXAS
    Full Name:
    JB
    Thanks for helping confirm, 05elise! I guess the description for that part number (Gasket) threw me off a bit as I think of gaskets as being a shape conforming sealing device or agent. I'll begin hunting down a new/fairly new one. Thanks again!

9. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I have brand new one I'm willing to sell.

It's no longer available new. $350. Ebay one is used and beat.

10. F1ScuderiaTifosi

Mar 16, 2015
    Hill Country TEXAS
    Full Name:
    JB
    Thank you for the offer ShineKen, but at that price I'll have to pass. I appreciate the heads up though.

ShineKen likes this.