F355 - Import to US | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F355 - Import to US

Discussion in '348/355' started by fboutlaw, Oct 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F129b

F129b Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    oc, calif.
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Same ****ty headers..that failed. Euro cars have cats too. They may not have the air inj pump though. In the back of my mind I think that was something that conversion process added.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eyeman1234 likes this.
  2. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    #27 phrogs, Nov 30, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    No Mine were the same as a stateside car.

But the exhaust muffler is different, no SDL on the bypass valve so no bung welded on the pipe on the Exhaust manifold. The wiring is different because of that.

mine is a 1998 German delivered GTS F1.

My car had the headlights, tail lights swapped. The side markers Added to the bumpers but they are exposed I want to delete them. They added a seat belt warning chime attached at the seat belt light, It was obnoxious so I pulled it out.
    The speedo was swapped to a us version and started at Zero they also removed the ABS on/off switch which was on euro cars. I have the plug for it but haven't bought a switch yet to see ifit works or not.

Unfortunately we don't have a OBDII conector on our cars but not a big deal.

eyeman1234 likes this.
  3. F129b

F129b Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    oc, calif.
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Wow interesting! My car has OBD2 plug & my odo was put at the correct mileage. I also had no warning chime installed. My reflectors/running lights are completely flush and indistinguishable from Maranello.

Who did your conversion work?

4. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    #29 phrogs, Dec 1, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019

A place that is thankfully out of business.

Sunshine something I can't remember, did **** work imo and charged the guy who imported it $30,000 for the privilege.
    I have corrected the speedo myself adding its kilometers when Imported to its stateside odometer.

As for my bumpers if I showed you
    how they installed the lights in the bumpers you would lose your mind very lazy, very radio installer looking type work. Lazy, untrained people did this work, somwonw just trying to make quick money doing the bare nessesaties.

Not sure how I want to handle bumpers yet, replace with stateside ones or fix these and make it look like a proper Euro?

Id andlike to know how they added the OBDII either spliced one in or swapped your harness.
    Mine doesn't have one, no biggie.

5. F129b

F129b Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    oc, calif.
    Full Name:
    Robert
    If they added it, They spliced mine in. It’s mounted on the back of the central console between the seats.
    $30k is BS. Mine was half that in ‘00 and the work is perfect.
    Sorry to hear yours not!!