F355 modifications to allow Engine-IN servicing? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F355 modifications to allow Engine-IN servicing?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Ari Paul, May 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    yes it was, he got blasted yet some challenge cars have exactly the same set up.

2. Buckets

Buckets Karting

Sep 9, 2019
    Seattle, United States
    Full Name:
    Nick Papagiorgio
    I can't imagine dropping the tank is much easier than dropping the subframe, and even then there isn't much room to work as already discussed above. I haven't done the engine out service myself yet, but will within the next couple of months. Great opportunity to fix lots of little things that likely need done and can't easily be done if shortcutted.

I also remember the F355 with the fuel cell in the trunk to allow for permanent access to the front of the motor. It seemed very silly.

3. lanab

lanab Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2016
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Remember the guy here on the forum who got fed up with it and moved the whole tank to the front of the car to be able to service the engine?

4. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    That's not a bad idea, probably helps weight bias as well. I am in no danger of doing it and there is only so much you can do through the tank access area, still need to remove it I suspect, but still.