F355 Service Bulletins | FerrariChat

F355 Service Bulletins

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by 348SStb, Sep 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Can someone PLEASE provide me with a list of factory service bulletins/campaigns that were issued for the 355 during its production cycle, 1995-1999?

Or, just list anything you know and we'll make a list!

2. Merdav

Merdav Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    Dave knowing your a 348 driver I was curious why your looking for this info.

3. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Hey Michael stop reading the boards! :)

I am personally interested, but also I've been asked by someone interested in 355s...

4. yfc

yfc Karting

Dec 23, 2003
    Geneva / Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    As a F355 owner, I'm very interested by knowing all the issued service bulletins.

Regards,
    Christophe.

5. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Yes, it would be nice to know about them but every time I post this thread (I've done it 3 or 4 times already) NO ONE ever responds!

6. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Ok I have the answer...

There were No Service Bulletins issued for the 355... They were perfect ;)

But seriously folks :)

I think I have a few somewhere in my 355 folder at home - I don't know of a place that has them listed like other makes do... Let me take a look and see if I can find some of the short hand notes that I know of on recall/Bulletins, etc...

Rich

7. Carmellini

Carmellini Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2019
    BUMP

the NHTSA website has recalls by VIN, but only going back 15 years:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/1995/FERRARI/F355

surely someone has a list they can post? in particular, a receipt from 2001 states:
    -campaign alarm system replacement andECU interface.

is that for the improper (intentional?) installation of the OBD ll socket

8. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Attached is the campaign for the OBDII socket repair, to make it compliant with US federal law

Attached Files:

• obd2.pdf
      File size:
      340.7 KB
      Views:
  9. 335s

335s Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    T. Monma
    TSB-TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETINS, not to be confused with SERVICE RECALL CAMPAIGNS-AS ORDERED BY either the DOT, EPA, or NHTSA, will NOT be listed on a government site of any kind IMO....
    these are manufacturer's internal "modifications and improvements(to known problems"(Ferrari doesn't make "mistakes") in hopes of heading off the dreaded FEDERAL ordered "recall" notices-which-technically: require ALL affected manufacturers to follow/support said recalled models and variants, "all the way to the crusher!"

While with Ferrari, I collected this file-from first to last,including all affected S/N break points... It will take some time to find this file as its in "cold storage", but I am fairly confident it exists-along with instructions and part numbers, for every procedure....finding it will require some digging-later in the spring as I throw all this stuff out...
    send me a PM an I'll send you a copy of this file if you like-but patience will be required, as stated....

f355spider likes this.
  10. lanab

lanab Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2016
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I have some F355 bulletins, however they are in German.

Attached Files:

Qavion and f355spider like this.
  11. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Was meinen Sie?