355 - F355 Wheel Dispute | Page 2 | FerrariChat

355 F355 Wheel Dispute

Discussion in '348/355' started by bmwguy54, Oct 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    My understanding is the wheels are authentic... but the repair job isn't :p.

Yassa likes this.
  2. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Back again to #6. I feel like there is just lost technology.

If pristine artifacts can be recovered from Saqqara, how would future civilizations judge us by this wheel? It's just embarrassing :(:D

Yassa likes this.
  3. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The thread title is wrong. There is no dispute here. These wheels are **** and the guy ****ed you.

Yassa and blox79 like this.
  4. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    For fun I am trying to find more information on this guy Steven Eisener. Is that the correct spelling of the last name?

5. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I actually already know who it is. Was just seeing how long it would take before he decides to chime in.

Yassa likes this.
  6. Yassa

Yassa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Dr Yassa Hughes
    The suspence is killing me. o_O

ShineKen likes this.
  7. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    He is a member on here? Might want to give him a heads up. I'd like to see his response.

ShineKen likes this.
  8. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I kinda want to see if he actually saw this thread and just ignored it or simply never saw it. If I give him a heads up... defeats the purpose :). I've dealt with him on a few things. It didn't pan out, but wasn't his fault. Rather than out him, if he does come across this thread, my advice would be he contact the buyer and try to work things out. All in his best interest long term of course. Not my business to get in between 2 grown men's transaction. Doesn't seem like the OP cares anymore given he has new wheels :).

Yassa and PaulK like this.
  9. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    The OP did get totally screwed here, but I also wouldn't send $3K+ to a random guy in a different country after seeing (if I understand the story correctly) one dimly lit picture of a single wheel. I'd need to see a bunch of pics, front and back, well lit, of all four rims, plus a written statement from the seller that they are undamaged and balance true.

ShineKen likes this.
  10. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Also, I have never seen in 20+ years of working on cars a set of rims like that. I've never even heard of someone using fiberglass on the barrel of a rim. It never happens. That is criminal behavior. You don't mess with wheels -- if a wheel fails, people can be injured or killed. The guy who sold those rims IMHO should do a couple weeks in the gray bar hotel. If those rims had been used on a car they would have failed and God knows what could have happened to the driver, occupants of other cars, or pedestrians. This isn't selling a bent rim that creates a shimmy, this is selling four time bombs.

Yassa and ShineKen like this.
  11. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I tried buying some used challenge wheels of an Fchat member here recently selling them.

Me: "Can you provide better pics inside out of each one? Very interested."

Seller: "the rims they are not bend or anyting. i wont sell some stupid crap ok."

The wheels sold shortly after as he never responded to me again. Next thing you know, the guy who bought sold it off immediately to my buddy here @Yassa. Condition of wheels is good, but paint job or color was horrid. I'm guessing this is the reason original seller didn't want to send me more pics. Some people man.

INTMD8 and Yassa like this.
  12. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I would make him aware of this thread. We are only getting one side of the story though pretty damning evidence. You can clearly see in the picture that the seller sent all the scoring inside the barrel of the wheel.
    My one issue with the buyer is that he threw the wheels out. I would have retained an attorney in Canada. These are the most unsafe wheel that I have ever seen. People could have been killed using them.

13. bcar1

bcar1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 2, 2017
    NYC/NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob
    for a car you retain a lawyer, for 3000$ you tell the forum to watch out and throw them out to free up space.

carnutdallas and Yassa like this.
  14. Mike Morrissey

Mike Morrissey Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2018
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike Morrissey

BMWGUY54, This just showed up a few hours ago on Facebook group Ferrari F355 Fan Club.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2222097775/permalink/10158475880127776/

15. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  16. bcar1

bcar1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 2, 2017
    NYC/NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Cross post photos for those of us who refuse to join FB?

17. Mike Morrissey

Mike Morrissey Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2018
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike Morrissey
    Can’t say as I blame you, here are the photos that were posted. Along with the description.

Hello everyone
    Got F355 rims
    Repainted (traditional spray paint,no powder coating) in their original color PPG 101/C silver Nurburgring metallic 36520
    Perfectly straight,they have been checked before repainting.
    Complete with valves (overhauled with new o-rings) and their original Ferrari logos available for shipment or delivery in USA, Europe,Asia (worldwide)
    If interested or for further information please
    Message me
    Cheers
    Charity✈️

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
  19. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM

Interestingly enough I happened to come across this guy steven eisner through ebay who goes by the name accordguy96 Steven eisner and he tried to steal my authentic omp challenge seat by purchasing it on eBay and use the ebay money back guarantee program to claim the seat was fake!

How the story goes is he lowballs me on ebay and accusing me that the seat doesn't look legit and I tell him don't buy it if you don't like it. Immediately he buys it anyway and I cancel the sale and block him because my experience already told me he's going to give me more problems if I proceed with the transaction.

So he quickly creates a new ebay account and purchases the item pretending to be a new buyer. He has me ship the seat to someone in New Jersey at
    Chestertown Electric c/o SE
    324 Cannon Street
    Chestertown, MD 21620-1744 to David hoatson..

Shortly after it is received he quickly initiates a dispute saying that Canadian border patrol seized the item due to counterfeit suspicion and he wants a full refund and will return the item. I research his claim with Canadian customs and the only reason they will confiscate items if you didn't declare them.

It appears this dishonest individual who sells reconditioned junk got karma as I reported him to ebay for trying to steal my seat using their money-back guarantee program. It appears they investigated his activity and took appropriate action to stop his abuse.

The guy is so much trouble he even had me get into an awkward situation with a few ferrarichat members bec he kept buying the seat while I was working out selling it on the marketplace here. I was contractually obligated by ebay to sell the seat bec he kept initiating the purchase even though I didnt want to sell it to him.

This is a story of what goes around comes around and it finally caught up to him. He tries to accuse me of selling him defective or fake products because thats the world he lives in. I would have been short on my seat and out on the funds he sent to purchase it had I not submitted the info to ebay to intervene on this guys sketchy attempt.

20. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Hate to say it but I never sell to anyone outside the US. The probability is fairly high it's a scam.

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

21. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    He is an Fchat member, I can tell you that much.

22. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hi Mike,

I am sure that you know this but that guy was a scammer and I blocked him. Sorry I didn't see your post on this until now!

23. bmwguy54

bmwguy54 Rookie

Mar 5, 2015
    I've been told Steven EIsener, the guy who ripped me off, goes as Carbonsmith on Ferrari Chat. Can't verify it, but people with evidence attest to this.

kenneyd likes this.
  24. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM
    I will say he is the biggest sc*mbag I've ever dealt with in all my dealings in person to person transactions on ebay or anywhere. The fact is he tried to steal my seat by using buyer protection but failed. Then he tried to dispute with his credit card and had ebay cover it because they had to honor seller protection.

kenneyd likes this.