F40 acceleration problems | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F40 acceleration problems

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by HeavyR, Sep 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. S15_SAM

S15_SAM Rookie

Nov 18, 2014
    Uk
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Any word on if this fixed your problem HeavyR?

2. Steve Burton

Steve Burton Rookie

Jun 30, 2020
    Full Name:
    Steven Burton
    Hi we have the same problem on a early F40 non cat. Did the waste Gate sort it ?

3. 335s

335s Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    T. Monma
    Have the boost/running under full load difficulties with these cars above been resolved to a proper and satisfactory degree???

These are TWO distinctly different variations of the same system...early and late....The problems as described, usually, have little to do with "tune-up" and maintenance issues, but are problems focal to the safety circuitry of the boost circuitry...

I have some pretty extensive experience with all variants-stock, modded, and comp variants....
    What is essential, is full and total disclosure of EXACT model, date of manufacture, ORIGINAL stock configuration, current configuration-ESPECIALLY IF DIFFERENT THAN BASELINE-and original intended delivery market.

All this info is critical to begin the journey...
    PM me if you prefer a more confidential discussion, at your leisure...

mechaniker likes this.
  4. 335s

335s Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    T. Monma
    UPDATE-after reviewing my notes, i"m going to venture that the problem is going to be in a very discrete area of focus: the RATE of the turbos spooling up....this is solely tied to back pressure changes made from baseline stock. The timing equation in the 32-pin eprom chips which control EVERYTHING, is a partial differential equation in more than 5 variables-if memory serves correctly....ANY tipping of the variables will crash the location of the calc for the mapping values point(3d)....

IF this car came with cats OEM-then it has a multi membrane, duty cycled, 5-volt control closed circuit...
    .REMEMBER: this system has not 1, not 2, not 3, but MANY "primary load sensors" with which said equation has command/control with....It is NOT a single order constant coefficients differential equation....

It SOUNDS as though ALL of your SENSORS and ACTUATORS have been proofed/functionality verified... That said: ONLY command and control is different-WHY?
    SOMETHING has been changed from baseline, without understanding the impact-however minor-this might make to the control side of the ECU....