F40 rotor Brembo Part Number? | FerrariChat

F40 rotor Brembo Part Number?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Steve, Jul 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    My F40's brake rotors are showing signs of wear and it's time to replace them. I've got a set of 18" racing wheels to put on, which I am going to do at the same time. Anyone got the part number handy for the larger Brembo front and rear brake F40 rotor replacements? Any other F40 brake advice to share?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

2. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
  3. velocityengineer

velocityengineer Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Globally
    Full Name:
    Eric Dahl
    Hi Steve,

Brembo makes an upgrade kit for the F40 that I helped engineer in 2001.
    It includes F50 spec calipers and 355mm rotors with floating aluminum hats and proper caliper spacers. It retails for $3595 front and $3895 rear.
    Ill find the Pn's for you, i dont have them at this office.

The OE size and spec F40 rotor is out of production, the only ones you will find will be in somebodys stock if you are lucky. I dare not imagine the cost.

As far as a rotor only upgrade, my company Girodisc can make it for a reasonable amount along with caliper spacers. Let me know if that interests you.

Eric

4. Muteki

Muteki Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2004
    Guam
    Sorry Bud, I don't have the question for your answer. I wish I did. I was looking into buying the upgrade for my 308 as well. I kind of got frustrated looking into Brembo, when I noticed they priced their rotor based on the value of the car. My 308's rotors are not that different than a Camery, but the price difference is quite different. Does it really cost an extra $1500 to drill the wheel pin slots in them?

5. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    That would be great, thanks.

Those require the 18" wheels, right?

6. velocityengineer

velocityengineer Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Globally
    Full Name:
    Eric Dahl
    Hi Steve,

It turns out that there is no official PN released for the system.
    It is built to order only. The 355 system will require the 18" OZ or other racing wheels.
    I suggest you call Mark Valskis at Brembo NA to check the availability and so forth. Drop me a private message and Ill give you his telephone. Mark is the Chief engineer at Brembo and is very familiar with the specifics of the system.

Eric

7. rexrcr

rexrcr Formula 3

Nov 27, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Full Name:
    Rob Schermerhorn
    Really, how times change. Not that long ago (okay, it was four years ago) the Brembo slotted rotor that was a bolt on for the F40 was a common NASCAR spec. I should clarify bolt-on, it was bolt on until 1993 when Brembo increased the ammount of material at the mounting flange, which simply required machining off the little lip on the OE F40 hat. Too bad they discontinued this spec, it was quite affordable (20% the cost of OE Ferrari).

Best regards,

Rob