f430/360 double din radio. this might be perfect! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

f430/360 double din radio. this might be perfect!

Discussion in '360/430' started by goto35march, Jan 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. J3 GME

J3 GME Rookie

Jan 9, 2018
    U.K. Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hope this helps

2. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Can’t seem to find the one that offers Apple car play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. J3 GME

J3 GME Rookie

Jan 9, 2018
    U.K. Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Chris
    [email protected]
    Ask for someone called Candy, tell them your requirements...... they are very helpful, if you are in the USA I am sure they can still sort you out.

4. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

5. @CTEVN

@CTEVN Karting
    BANNED

Feb 13, 2020
    @Sohail Jiva can you confirm if you bought the 7 inch or 8 inch, as looking at the photo I see the insert/deck in the back, and wondering as the 7 inch is 181 width while the 8 inch is 209. The 209 should cover things from being able to see the silver insert/deck behind, but wanted to check the size you bought.

Thanks for the help!

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ditpixs likes this.
  7. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
    any new install pictures. someone told me new wireless carplay version coming out soon

8. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I really like the look of that.

9. dweintra

dweintra Karting

Aug 16, 2012
    Seattle, WA and Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Don Weintraub
    J3 GME, do you still like the Joying unit? I was considering it although the reviews are not great online.

Did you I stall it yourself? Curious if it was plug and play or not in the 430. During the stay at home order I may just do it myself. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
    cant do it. cant do the joying to the ferrari. lol

any more pics of the 9 inch installed? Some of you mentioned you installed it?

NoKidsNeedFerrari likes this.
  11. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    What I love about the Joying unit is that the screen centers on the head unit, minimizing any blocking of vents.

Any other pop out screen head units do that? I like the popular Alpine HU but it blocks the vents quite a bit for my taste.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

12. psych0hans

psych0hans Karting

Jan 12, 2020
    Bombay, India
  13. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    I hear this but I hate the larger screens that cover the window switches and the pop out screens all seem to cover the vents. The Joying 6" looks like it fits perfectly

14. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
    still cant and wont ever do a "joying" into a ferrari. there has to be better options

15. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    With you for sure, just can’t find that better option.

16. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Close, but seems like screens are still large and will block vents, and these will always be “exposed”.

I get engine sound and all, it’s great, but on 3 hr drives I need something more. I just can’t get myself to buy the ‘Joying’ but it’s perfect in application. Pop
    Out screen that will stay tucked away for most of my spirited drives. Smaller screen and centers on chassis (or is adjustable) so it doesn’t block anything for longer drives, or when wife is with me (happy wife, happier Ferrari life).

17. psych0hans

psych0hans Karting

Jan 12, 2020
    Bombay, India
    The best thing about the pioneer system is that the screen can be mounted separately from the unit. I think it would be cool to do a custom install like the pic I have shared.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

UrbanHero, Sammi and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  18. dweintra

dweintra Karting

Aug 16, 2012
    Full Name:
    Don Weintraub
    I am tempted to go with the joying for the size as well. I really don’t want the larger screens. The reviews are quite mixed for the Joying units. I guess I will see how desperate I get. For now I have the iPhone connector hardwired to the back of the factory unit. Works ok.

If anyone finds a screen similar in size to the Joying let us know. I have not found one.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

19. Rjoselaw

Rjoselaw Karting

Mar 10, 2019
    Southlake, Texas
    Full Name:
    Raj J
    Do you have any other pictures of the second install (custom one)? Or link to a website? Thanks

psych0hans likes this.
  20. psych0hans

psych0hans Karting

Jan 12, 2020
    Bombay, India
    #46 psych0hans, Apr 17, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  21. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    xtLSport and psych0hans like this.
  22. dweintra

dweintra Karting

Aug 16, 2012
    Full Name:
    Don Weintraub
    I have been doing some research and I plan to get the 6.2 inch Joying simply because it is the right size and look, and does what I want. I emailed the company for some questions I have about the possibility of using a wireless backup camera and a few other things. If anyone has tried a wireless backup cam with Joying let me know.

I previously installed an iphone wired adaptor for my factory radio. It works just fine, but I really prefer to change the songs on the unit itself and not the phone. My wife also really needs a backup camera....the last thing I want is for her to back into something!!

I am not thrilled about an off brand, but the look is right for me and it is not permanent!

Question: Anyone know if the GPS antenna needs to be on the dash or if I can get it to work inside the dash? Depends on the car it seems.

23. dweintra

dweintra Karting

Aug 16, 2012
    Full Name:
    Don Weintraub
    PS: You can upload your own Wallpaper (Ferrari logo is what I was thinking).

The unit also supports a wireless OBD2 adaptor to get engine info on the screen. Anyone try this (on any brand display) in an F430? Not sure if it is useful or not but interesting.