F430 Challenge Ceramic Brakes | FerrariChat

F430 Challenge Ceramic Brakes

Discussion in '360/430' started by NexLevel, Aug 15, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NexLevel

NexLevel Karting

Jul 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Greg Thomas
    Guys,

I know that 360 and F430 brakes are interchangeable but what about ceramic callipers and rotors from an F430 Challenge? Some websites that sell rotors states the challenge uses something different.

Can anyone verify?

2. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Minimum, you would need to change hubs (and wheels) over to center lock and switch master cylinders if I’m not mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Make sure the Challenge mounting studs come with the calipers; these sit 9mm further outboard to suit the 398mm discs (the Challenge uses standard F430 hubs with spaced calipers, whereas the Scuderia uses a unique hub with +9mm lugs, as below)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

The discs/rotors have a larger centre core to suit the Challenge hubs. I had some spigot rings machined to adapt to the F430 hub, as below. This was a quicker and easier approach than swapping the centre bells, which on anything over a 380mm disc means re-balancing of the finished assembly.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Manda racing likes this.
  4. zipperkarting

zipperkarting Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2014
    Jersey & France
    Full Name:
    paul troalic
    HI
    Just wondered where you got the spigot rings made? I am in France so I would not have a clue where to go. Is it possible you might be able to supply them to me.
    Thanks
    Paul

5. duck.co.za

duck.co.za Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2007
    Cape Town South Afri
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Great info , thanks