F430 - Did I get taken for a ride? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

F430 - Did I get taken for a ride?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by JerseyBland, May 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Was this a ‘smart’ buy

1. Nope, you got hosed!

8 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Better to be lucky than good, you did well

40 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. 06F430Spider

06F430Spider Rookie

Feb 12, 2016
    Pennsylvania
    I have an 06 with 24k when I got it looking at 32k now, never been more happy. Remember it's the last model made with a cloth roof.

JerseyBland likes this.
  2. JerseyBland

JerseyBland Karting

Apr 29, 2018
    Chandler AZ
    Full Name:
    Scott B
    I didn’t realize that, thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. JerseyBland

JerseyBland Karting

Apr 29, 2018
    Chandler AZ
    Full Name:
    Scott B
    Well said, and happy to report...confirmed as the effective solution.

I enjoy driving her so much I am genuinely suffering withdrawals this week while she visits the dealer

Lol crazy eh

4. JerseyBland

JerseyBland Karting

Apr 29, 2018
    Chandler AZ
    Full Name:
    Scott B
    Fantastic....my experience was similar, had a couple of visits to Ferrari of Scottsdale just to “look around”....drove a few...got in the 430....and tried like hell not to give away the farm I was so in love.

I’m thinking if I ever start playing poker, taking the competition for a ride...no hiding your ‘tells’ after that :)

Um yes, I love my sons & daughters...not a chance they will ever drive before they are 40....and even then lol

5. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    When I picked up my 6 speed 07 F430 Spider in Dec. 07 from the dealer my friend went with me. It was a two hour drive home with the top down. The next day he called and said he left something in my car. I said there is nothing he left in there. He said "My Soul". Pretty much sums it up for the last 37K miles. I just did a 1000 mile road trip and enjoyed every mile of it.

JerseyBland likes this.
  6. JerseyBland

JerseyBland Karting

Apr 29, 2018
    Chandler AZ
    Full Name:
    Scott B
    I completely understand the sentiment, owning/driving a Ferrari is ‘special’ in a way I struggle to articulate.

Congrats on your F Car, share I pic, I love seeing them all!!

7. Pedro MD

Pedro MD Rookie

Sep 22, 2017
    El Paso, TX
    Full Name:
    Pedro
    Beautiful Car and congrats on the purchase! I also just purchased my first Ferrari 6 months ago (05 F430 coupe). Its been a only a dream since I can remember as a child. I can honestly say I searched about a year for the right one, but in the end you just have to pull the trigger and enjoy the ride. The truth is, it is the most pleasurable driving experience I have ever had. I remember the first time I drove her, I couldn't stop smiling the whole drive home...

JerseyBland likes this.
  8. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    JerseyBland likes this.
  9. JerseyBland

JerseyBland Karting

Apr 29, 2018
    Chandler AZ
    Full Name:
    Scott B
    Way2fast likes this.
  10. forshage

forshage Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 3, 2014
    Altadena, Ca
    Full Name:
    Carl Forshage
    4 years ago, I bought a 430 Spider for $136,000. I couldn't be happier. At the same time, I could have bought a 550 for around $100,000. I wish I could have bought both. I do not regret buying the 430 at all. The 550 I could have sold for a$40,000 profit at this time. But do I regret the 430 - NO!!!
    Best Fun and I love that car. I doubt I ever sell it, that will be up to my heirs. Doesn't mean I might not get something else ( I really would like a 12 cylinder at some point). But the 430 is funnier than 458, and you have the full glass window of the engine. What else do you want?

JerseyBland likes this.
  11. JerseyBland

JerseyBland Karting

Apr 29, 2018
    Chandler AZ
    Full Name:
    Scott B
    That’s so awesome...I agree, starting to get an itch for a V12, but have to check the wife’s bucket list first lol

12. basscapital

basscapital Karting

Jan 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alan Bass
    Enjoy the car! That sounds about right for you having to buy a convertible in the middle of summer. I tend to find better deals in the middle of winter but when you get that itch you do what you have to do. I've owned mine for the past seven months and enjoy every minute...got her out today!

JerseyBland likes this.
  13. Hobacks427

Hobacks427 Karting

Nov 2, 2014
    North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Neil
    From what I can see you are getting taken - by the inexplicable (automotive) satisfaction you can only experience by being behind the wheel of one these cars. That only grows with time, and if your bank account is lightened a bit that tradeoff is absolutely justified. But the financials of your deal make sense to me.

Myself I'm 4 years into ownership and for me its only gotten better with time. May you experience the same.

JerseyBland likes this.
  14. JerseyBland

JerseyBland Karting

Apr 29, 2018
    Chandler AZ
    Full Name:
    Scott B
    Did a 300 mile round trip last week...it was a blast! Unfortunately it is sooo hot in AZ I think she may be garaged and grounded for the next two months or so. 120+ degrees, just seems cruel for us both lol

15. JerseyBland

JerseyBland Karting

Apr 29, 2018
    Chandler AZ
    Full Name:
    Scott B
    Well said, wallet has been lightened many a time...and for things I enjoy significantly less.

Thank you for the well wishes...drive on friend!

16. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    seems like a fair deal to me...... There will always be one that is cheaper .... I always seem to pay top dollar for the cars I buy as I. am so picky I always want exactly what I want and sometimes it cost more... I would be fine with your deal....now go enjoy the car..

JerseyBland likes this.
  17. Baron1213

Baron1213 Rookie

Jan 1, 2015
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Baron Von Kringle
    Nice Car. Enjoy it with your son. Bear in mind, you will be dead for a long time and St. Peter does not take checks.

JerseyBland likes this.
  18. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    Niiiice.

JerseyBland likes this.