F430 E-differential, figures re: F430 & Stradale | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F430 E-differential, figures re: F430 & Stradale

Discussion in '360/430' started by mnm, Sep 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shin

shin Karting

Apr 8, 2004
    Full Name:
    Shin
    There's a button for launch control. Does anyone know if the 430's going to have ride-height adjustment, like the Enzo? I first heard it from someone who was in the July 20th presentation, but have never heard nothing eversince..thanks before!

2. HoboPie

HoboPie Karting

Apr 16, 2004
    Fiorano is a rather tight track. Extra power is obviously helpful there, but on a longer course the 430 might be a bit quicker than the CS. Then there is the tire issue.

I'd like to see a comparison between the GT3, M3 CSL, 360 CS and 430 all on the M3 CSL's tires.

3. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    Depends on how good (or bad) a driver you are, I guess.
    On the slow track (tighter hairpin as turn 1, cone chicane on pit straight), my humble times were nearly identical between a 360F1 and a 575F1.
    The F1 variant would further favour power over agility due to the absence of the tight hairpin & left/right before merging with the F1 track.
    IMO, torque matters more than agility in Fiorano.

4. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Wouldn't we all? Wouldn't you reckon some motor mag would too? I just don't get it.

5. yimn

yimn Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Nick Yim
    When making the comparison, should we also consider how each car makes you feel, as a driver. I bet the CS will make more people feel like they are driving a racecar than F430. For daily driver, I would really drive a Porsche/BWM/Mercedes as I don't have to worry about where to park and these cars are for comfortable and practical than a Fcar. For me, a Fcar has to make me excited and I think the CS does exactly that (having owned and driven many FCAR) My two-cents

6. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    I agree they make a huge difference but many of the spy shots of the 430 show it with CS wheels. Since it is getting 19" rims and Pirelli only currently offer the Corsa system for CS sized wheels surely the 430 vs CS times are comparable since they probably had the same rubber on.

7. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    The offical pics that just came out show it sitting on 19's with PZero Rossa's.

8. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

Yup, and the shots I have seen with the CS BBS wheels also seem to have those tires. The tires on the CS are different, almost race ready tires. Put those on a F430 and watch out!

9. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    ice burns- 220 kg off the 360? Most US reports are 154 lbs...about 65 KGs...and also, the claim was I think maybe 100 kg, not sure, but DEF, not missing 500 lbs!

10. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    Do you know if Pirelli have released 19" Rosso's publicly? I have seen threads of exceeive wear on the Corsa's and thus current CS owners could change to Rosso's.

11. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Sorry mate, not really:

CS suspension geometry is set up specifically to suit the Corsas. Also, if you do not track the car the tyres will wear "normally" - but then why would you have a CS if not to take it to the track????

Slicks are coming - remember all Euro CS owners keep your used tyres and get in touch with me.

12. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann

Agree with you BUT irrespective of how bad a driver you are, weight is a car's worst enemy. That's why a Lotus is so quick (not because of its bhp) and that is why a CS is quicker.

A CS is a road going version of a racing car, F430 is a very fine (if a little heavy) GT. Compensation for weight with bhp is ok but nothing is better than agility.

13. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    Not arguing on theory, and been at tracks where keeping up with Elises on sticky tires with a 355 is almost mission impossible, although power-to-weight is still largely in favour of the 355.

When it comes specifically to Fiorano, my experience is that, at equal power-to-weight (575 and 360 are on a par; around 330hp/ton for a CS, the F430 will match that), torque might compensate or outperform agility. A fine pilot might squeeze a tad more from the lighter car, I know i am not one and torque makes up for my shortcomings.