F430 F1 Gearbox comparison | FerrariChat

F430 F1 Gearbox comparison

Discussion in '360/430' started by Alex Rubin, Sep 26, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alex Rubin

Alex Rubin Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 18, 2020
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Hello and thank you in advance

I am a first time Ferrari buyer looking at an 07 F430.

Have done the research on what to look for on this site. The amazing checklist, and multiple suggestions around the PPI and service history reviews.

Does anyone here have any experience with a Gen 1 Aston Martin Vanquish and how the F430 F1 gearbox compares? I owned a Vanquish for many years never had an issue and never had a problem driving it. Curious if anyone here has had both and can provide a comparative view.

Many thanks
    Alex

2. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

never driven the aston, but even 430 F1 has 2 version that's 12noon and 5:45pm difference

3. market-reasearch

Silver Subscribed

Jul 21, 2021
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    D. Gabathuler
    Can only reference versus the last Sportshift III and the F1 is miles better.

4. boba fett

boba fett Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2019
    The Aston’s box is awful, I even think BMW’s SMG better!!

the F430 F1 box is actually very good and probably the best single clutch there is!

5. market-reasearch

Silver Subscribed

Jul 21, 2021
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    D. Gabathuler
    The Sportshift III isn‘t bad, just not as good as the F1. Sportshift I is awful and II is acceptable.

6. swc5150

swc5150 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2021
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Scott Calderwood
    And when you tighten up the PIS (point of initial slip), the F1 is very snappy. I think it can get a bad rep because a poorly set up version is sluggish due to clutch slip.