F430 windshield wiper fluid reset? | FerrariChat

F430 windshield wiper fluid reset?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Skywhale, Sep 23, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Skywhale

Skywhale Karting

Aug 17, 2022
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Carsten
    Had my wiper fluid alert/icon show up in my dash. Added fluid. It did need fluid. But now after an hour of driving, the alert still won’t turn off.

Is there a reset trick to this thing? Nothing in the manual… Or is it just supposed to go off on its own? In which case, I’ll assume there’s a $0.10 sensor that’s broken.

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
  3. Skywhale

Skywhale Karting

Aug 17, 2022
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Carsten
    Oh, I am certain the part is $0.10… but I am also certain Ferrari charges $200 for it or requires an entirely new reservoir. :)

But yeah, my guess was the same, just a dumb float switch. I’ll keep pouring more fluid in there, it looks like it could still use some more. Maybe that will lube it up… Or maybe there’s a crack in the reservoir and it all just keeps leaving! Lol… oh Ferrari!

armedferret and Qavion like this.
  4. Snapshift

Snapshift Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2020
    Centralia IL
    Full Name:
    Lyle D. Pahnke
    See if you can get a small dental mirror and a wire into the reservoir or a small usb flexible video camera and find it and jiggle it loose somehow. Might work .

5. Skywhale

Skywhale Karting

Aug 17, 2022
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Carsten
    It’s gotta be a leak. I was able to add two entire jugs of fluid… yet there is no puddle under the car? Lol….

6. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    How big are your jugs of fluid? The total capacity is 1.43 imperial gallons (6.5 litres).

7. Skywhale

Skywhale Karting

Aug 17, 2022
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Carsten
    About 3.7 liters. It finally topped at the very end of the second jug, totaling around 7… maybe it’s just a small leak and the little bit I used between jugs made up the difference? Either way… you’d think filing it even half way would shut up the light?… maybe not? Maybe you have to top it off to turn it off?

8. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Unlikely.

Maybe you just need to drive over some rough road.

armedferret likes this.
  9. Skywhale

Skywhale Karting

Aug 17, 2022
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Carsten
    Update. It’s gone! Here was the fix. Topped it off all the way until it overflowed… Took it for a drive down a rural street. Did a few launches and stops… no joke, after 5 min., the alert went away.
    Let this be one of the most Ferrari stories you’ve heard to fix something. Lol

Previous owner probably left it low for too long and the float sensor was dried in place… just needed a good knocking loose!

kestrou and Qavion like this.