F458 fuses - headlamp washer - what a pain? | FerrariChat

F458 fuses - headlamp washer - what a pain?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by V12uuu, Jan 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. V12uuu

V12uuu Rookie

Dec 1, 2018
    UK
    Does anyone else get frustrated when - after washing the car, you find the need to clean the windscreen - it is not dark, but main beam is on - then cleaning the windscreen causes headlamp spray all over the bonnet. Argh!!

Now I have found that a single fuse controls the headlamp wash. I know it is needed for MOT purposes, but I don’t need it to clean the car lights as it is never allowed to be dirty for long. But how do you get at the fuses in the glove box?

Anyone done this? Please help!!

2. Raymond28273

Raymond28273 Rookie

Apr 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Raymond Pietersen
  3. V12uuu

V12uuu Rookie

Dec 1, 2018
    UK
    Thanks. It looks like the compartment clips off somehow. Not obvious to me exactly how. Helpful advice though, as I was wondering if anything needed to be unscrewed. I will look again an provide a bit more force to the compartment...

4. Raymond28273

Raymond28273 Rookie

Apr 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Raymond Pietersen
    Now thanks.
    But let me know if you don it?

5. V12uuu

V12uuu Rookie

Dec 1, 2018
    UK
    I haven’t done it, but I am having second thoughts.

These lights get very hot and you can see how they dirt builds up quickly when the water evaporates. I also watched the cleaning happen - it is pretty impressive! Maybe I leave things as they are, but just be careful not to spray the windscreen if the car is recently cleaned....