F8 - F8 Tributo Price Trends | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 F8 Tributo Price Trends

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Bell911, Mar 22, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RoadRonin

RoadRonin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2020
    San Francisco
    An Evo is worth consideration in my opinion but I am biased. I have a 2020 Evo Spyder (in addition to my 2022 F8 Spider) and the naturally-aspirated V10 of the Lamborghini is a very good value proposition at the ~300K price point.

Boomhauer, Thecadster and Bell911 like this.
  2. Bell911

Bell911 Karting

May 27, 2021
    Full Name:
    Matthew Rosten

Did you ever consider a Performante before landing on the newest Evo? Or just skipped the older model for the new one? Performante seems to still be priced right dollar vs. Pista. NOT comparing the two cars, but there will never be another Performante, and for $230k less than Pista, seems like it is well priced.

3. RoadRonin

RoadRonin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2020
    San Francisco
    I did consider a Performante. The consensus is that it is a better car than the Evo, but I prioritized more modern technology (touchscreen infotainment, etc). Also, I may be in the minority but I didn't want a massive wing.

Bell911 likes this.
  4. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    The higher the secondary market goes the happier I get for ordering one. Though I’m sure the demand will cool a bit, the hybrid era is here, and the pure ICE cars are singing their swan songs. I’m just here to try and collect what I can.

RCorsa and Thecadster like this.
  5. DavisJ

DavisJ Karting

Dec 31, 2019
    performance is one thing - but the subjective design is another. Ferrari is italian and the design language has fundamentally changed with 296. You either love it or not. I really have a tough time seeing how 296 is more exotic and sexy than the f8. you can argue more something else but not exotic and sexy.

the other thing beyond the ICE issue is the f8 seems to be an odd but good duck potentially that they are not making some special edition of the f8 (pista / speciale / challege) which is nice for f8 spider 2023 (i know im biased because that is what have coming).

will be a 400k car and in 5 years will probably be a 400k car.....good enough for me for a car. 5 years 10k miles of fun!

05F430F1 likes this.
  6. BillHartman67

BillHartman67 Karting

Sep 25, 2021
    Montvale, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bill Hartman
    Do you really believe that the Economy is going to affect the purchasing decisions of people who can afford a $500K car?
    I really doubt it. (IMHO)

The 296 is a totally different car, as many have said (hybrid). I don't see how the price of the 296 would affect the F8 in any way.
    The price of the McClaren nor the Aston Martin don't affect the F8.

The price of the F8 is dependent on availability of the F8 in the market and the demand for the F8.
    Availability isn't increasing and the demand is high. Unless demand falls off the price will stay high.

7. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    When things change in an economy, especially one that has been superheated by helicopter/government money....they change QUICK. If/when the stock market drops and all the scary news headlines hit, you will see that F8 demand change overnight. We are seeing it in housing right now, as rates have ticked up nearly 2% since late last year and potential buyers are exiting the market as they simply can't afford the proposed monthly payments. Supply is super low, so it isn't changing sales prices YET. But it's a worrying trend and a dramatic shift.

Perception is more important than reality sometimes.

Thecadster likes this.
  8. BillHartman67

BillHartman67 Karting

Sep 25, 2021
    Montvale, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bill Hartman
    IMO:

I disagree that "F8 demand will change overnight". The overall housing market doesn't reflect the top homes over $2M dollars.

I wouldn't confuse the overall car market with the top 1% of vehicles. In a recession the people who can afford an F8 can still afford and F8. That is why luxury brands in general are inflation hedges in a down market. Look at Louis Vuitton, Crystal Champagne, Rolex, and the Yacht market.

I wouldn't wait to buy a Ferrari because you believe inflation/recession is going to bring prices down.

This is the same argument that high gas prices are going to bring down Ferrari prices because people don't want to spend money to fill the tank. It just doesn't apply to high end luxury brands.

Ddushman likes this.
  9. harrish1985

harrish1985 Formula Junior

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    Can’t say I agree with this. Unless you have truly F You money the high net worth individual will think about big purchases such as a $500k car when generally speaking they are depreciating assets. The hedge right now with luxury goods is all based on supply. Once that normalizes you’ll see prices become more realistic. I can afford a $650k F8 but I won’t pay that nor will I ever be in the market for one unless that’s the MSRP on a brand new one. For a used one I would only be interested in paying below MSRP.

dweintra likes this.
  10. dariedell

dariedell Karting

Jul 12, 2021
    United States
    Full Name:
    Andrew Riedell
    Poor/unexpected economic conditions in the early-to-mid 1990s are often cited (by independent parties) as a major reason for the lower-than-expected demand for the Jaguar XJ220 and Bugatti EB110 (beyond just the XJ220 not delivering a V12). Similarly, conditions in the late 2000s are often cited as a major reason for the slow sales of the Murciélago SV, and its failure to reach the sales target of 350 units. There are several other examples as well, these are just some of the marquee names.

11. BillHartman67

BillHartman67 Karting

Sep 25, 2021
    Montvale, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bill Hartman
    We will have to agree to disagree. I don't see the price for the F8 coming back to MSRP ever.
    Since the books have been closed since October you won't be able to get a new one.
    Hopefully the used market will never implode and my F8 will continue to hold its remarkable value.

12. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

U did order an f8 right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillHartman67 likes this.
  13. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Exactly right! We aren’t talking about BMWs here. Those that can afford this car will always be able to afford it. Also this car is already a collectors car.

blkdiablo33 and BillHartman67 like this.
  14. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

The F8 has a lot in its favor to hold value:
    -short run
    -last of ice
    -beautiful
    Etc

So it should hold but I personally think it will correct a little bit as more cars are gonna hit the market. It’s not a pista.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecadster, CRG125 and Viperjoe like this.
  15. harrish1985

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    I ordered f8 and sf90 but I’m realistic in knowing that the value may drop if there is economic turmoil.

Chizz and Viperjoe like this.
  16. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Unlike the F8, the SF90 will have a successor...

Chizz and Viperjoe like this.
  17. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek

18. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Doesn’t need to be a Pista. It’s already a classic. Additionally, it’s less expensive. For the same money you can get a tricked out F8. Fast, beautiful and limited. The future of Ferrari will only make the F8 more desirable. Of all the recent ice Ferraris my money is on the F8 to hold at minimum and more than likely appreciate. Do you have one or driven one? If so you know what I mean. If not…believe the hype.

19. BillHartman67

BillHartman67 Karting

Sep 25, 2021
    Montvale, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bill Hartman
    So the stock market is down 40% for the year, inflation is rising and the Fed keeps pushing interest rates higher.
    YET the prices of F8’s keep going higher.

ScottS and AD211 like this.
  20. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    All you have to know is the only car that could be considered as the "replacement" (at this time) is hybrid, V6 turbo...no more V8 non-hybrid, ever.

21. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    S&P down around 18% for the year. If it were truly down 40%, I think that would meaningfully impact the market for luxury goods. As it stands now, an 18% drawdown is a normal correction.

mkraft3003 likes this.
  22. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    I think you may want to change investment companies if you're down 40%. Dow is down 12.09% YTD:cool::cool:

23. harrish1985

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    Nasdaq down 25% YTD many people including myself have significant holdings of nasdaq companies I.e., FB, NVDA, AMZN, Goog, AAPL etc

24. harrish1985

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    And to be frank I think the market correction will catch up. If I wasn’t able to obtain an exotic at Msrp with an attractive financing rate I’d be priced out. I do think there will be a correction in the luxury goods market soon.

25. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    slowdown already happening in high-end watches. Many models down 10-20% just in the past few weeks....now, that's after a stupid 80-100% increase since COVID hit....