F8 Tributo VS | FerrariChat

F8 Tributo VS

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Jun 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    I have heard a couple of whispers that this will happen.
    Surprised me as I thought existing platform VS would end with Pista.
    Assume it will have the uprated engine from SF90 Stradale without the electric element.
    Anyone else heard anything ?

2. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Dealers don't know anything. Whatever they tell you is pure speculation.

Personally, I believe there will be, just as the past.

Bhh likes this.
  3. Silberpfeil

Silberpfeil Karting

Jan 2, 2016
    Lucerne, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Marc Brunner
    Heard that there will be no F8 vs...due to co2 regulations they concentrate on hybrid. F8 is not prepared for hybrid yet and doesn't make sense beside SF90 and little brother to work further on on the pista/f8 engine...We have too wait and see...

Sent from my HTC U11 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Senna1994 likes this.
  4. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I too have heard no special version owing to the short production run of the car.

5. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Feels right but there is so much product being launched it would not surprise me.

6. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    At least they will wait for the last Pista to be produced before announcing it.

boobernackle likes this.
  7. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    No one knows what will happen.

Pista owners hope that no special edition is announced for the F8. But at this point no one actually knows.

Bhh and Caeruleus11 like this.
  8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    My dealer assures yesterday there definitely won't be an F8VS and says they know this. But then Ferrari's track record is they say to the dealers one thing one day, and then the next day do the exact opposite!!

It would not make a lot of sense that F8VS uses SF's engine because that would place SF90's performance advantage on shaky ground as it relies on those electric motors to compensate for the huge weight penalty.

As it stands there really isn't a great deal of performance difference between two cars now so maybe the dealer is right this time. Time will tell I guess. As a Pista owner I certainly hope not as I've already taken a pounding on the 488 - but nothing would surprise me.

tekaefixe, Ash Patel and of2worlds like this.
  9. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Will they announce it while Pista's are running down line? Hell no.
    Will they build one? Hell yes.

Why? Because they can and most important, will make shareholders happy to add more $$ to bottom line just because they can.

There will be one, I have $5 bet.

09Scuderia, FordGTDriver and C50 like this.
  10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    $5.00 is not a bet. That's a cop out. Make it at least 5K if you really think they will. You are probably right looking at the situation - with all these tanks coming out it will be their last chance to make a track focused car before the lights go out.

Us Pista owners will most likely have to bend over again. They probably figure after 488 most of us should be getting used to it by now.

09Scuderia, tekaefixe and LARRYH like this.
  11. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Tanks Ahahah true!!! Unfortunately...

12. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Interesting : Just a thought interesting that the number plate SF90 was bought several months ago before last weeks revile ? I believe they are told certain things.

13. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    I am of the opinion they will. Would I wont one not really if it was just all carboned up. Not my thing. But IF it had the SF90 ICE and still all leather interior , hell yes.

Another way they might do it same a speciale Aperta , limited run on the convertible . I would say this would have a higher probability.

Frankly though this outcome would be a slap in the face to any Pista owners. Same way the F8 is to 488 owners.

However for sure they wouldn't dare announce it until PISTA has nearly stopped supply.

Emission issues , no issue for us , gee we wont even have particle filters . Image like Japan a special edition just for Australia :)

14. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Would they want to do it? Answer must be ‘yes’. Can they do it? Not sure about that. Slotting the SF90 engine in is not so simple because the SF uses electricity and so has no co2 challenges. Without the electricity does it still meet the emissions of 2021 (when they would probably launch it)? If it needs extensive development they will not do it because they already have such a large demand on their engineering and development teams with products they are committed to doing and have to launch - Portofino hybrid, LB, 812 replacement, PuroSangue etc. Even if they want the profit there is only so much they can do. If SF engine can slot in easily and meet emissions then could be a ‘yes’.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  15. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
  16. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    How can you be so sure?

MANDALAY likes this.
  17. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    This is not a credible rebuke IMHO. Can they do it - Heck yes. They are Ferrari - truly the masters of ICE design. Very likely they have muled the SF90 engine with no hybrid a while ago. They always design a new release and its VS at the same time. You could tell by the wheel arch and suspension on the mules in the past. Then they release the standard road car followed shortly by the VS. Will they? Who knows. Can they - Absolutely. From the looks of it here many would by an SF90 without the hybrid concern and way lower weight. Would make more profit on it too. The engine is a done deal emissions and all - again IMHO.

MANDALAY and Caeruleus11 like this.
  18. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    If there's extra money to be made, I can see Ferrari building it.

19. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    everyone remembers ferrari publicly stating "there will be on 458 scud" right?

Bas likes this.
  20. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    If they make a VS, I think they would use the F8 engine and simply do some tweaks with intake/turbo for a small increase in hp—like say 20hp. The reset will be carbon panels. Hood, bumpers, and possible door skins. Maybe they will use perplex plastic door windows?

Of course there will be subtle style changes

Roland1688 likes this.
  21. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    They could do some kind of Tailor Made Piloti type version where all the updates are cosmetic.

As for a VS with better/improved engine, I don't see it. Pretty clear the V8 as we see it is all but dead and to be replaced by V8 and V6 hybrids. Why spend the money when it can better be used in engines with a future.

Lukeylikey likes this.
  22. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Not sure an F8 VS makes any real sense. With the SF90 and the "Little Brother", the lineup has changed completely. After the Pista and F8 ends, all focus will be on the hybrids as far as the V6/V8 line goes. What makes sense is a VS version of the SF90 or Little Brother.

I'm not entirely sure where to place the F8 actually. I don't see it as a new car, as much as an adaptation of the 488 that fits in between the 488 and Pista.

Looking at what is coming, I can't see them fitting in an F8 VS.
    There's the 812 VS, LaF replacement, Lusso replacement, V6 Little Brother, and as the SF90 production will start, the F8 and Pista production will end.

GT2goneF and Caeruleus11 like this.
  23. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    F8 production did not even start yet, so there is some time before the little brother (V6) arrives to replace it. Whether an F8 VS will be squeezed in between remains to be seen but today we don't have much clue.

Caeruleus11, stavura, anishka and 3 others like this.
  24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    IPO1 likes this.
  25. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name: