F8 Tributo VS | Page 16 | FerrariChat

F8 Tributo VS

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Jun 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    I am little more optimistic than you
    I am sure Ferrari will propose ICE in the future ( long term)

2. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Really ?? Was it straight from Ferrari or the dealer ? This clearly shows something is in the pipeworks.

I had Italy call me on 2 occasions , First thanking me for the 488 GTB purchase and then I received another call focusing on how i rated the dealer Zagames , their establishment and all other sorts of things.

3. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    I filled out a survey on the Pista. It was from an Italian market research firm hired by Ferrari in Maranello. I confirmed that with my dealer before filling it out. It was the most detailed survey on a vehicle that I have ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11 and MANDALAY like this.
  4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #379 Shadowfax, Dec 18, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    I'm sure most Pista owners would be very happy to hear that, although reviewing the questionnaire I seriously have my doubts.

And whilst F8vs would be an improved version the sheer cost of getting onto that allocation list (after a Pista) would be significant enough to say no to the exercise. I mean how many nasty floggings can one take?

Gh21631 and MANDALAY like this.
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #380 Shadowfax, Dec 18, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    I would seriously struggle to see how anyone could read it and possibly come up with any other logical conclusion. And yes - Ferrari Marketing research....100% legit.

I'm still yet to press send but I've answered mine honestly and, in best detail as I can provide. It's such a detailed questionnaire it takes quite some time to complete properly. I should be ready to press send today/tomorrow and my answers and opinions will probably only spur them on to do it......but I want them to take notice of the areas that I feel genuinely need attention and, finer tuning.

MANDALAY likes this.
  6. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    I received a call asking for clarification on one of my comments within 24 hours of hitting submit, so I know they are listening to the feedback.

7. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Interesting. Which comment initiated their inquiry?

8. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Which areas are those? What would you improve?

9. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I've heard anywhere in the ranges we've discussed (2-4 years). So we will have to wait and see. Yes, 14 years is too long for a platform. Except what do we mean by platform? If you mean the basic frame then yes, that is a long time. But in that time they will have changed the engine and transmission entirely as well as the interior. What if the frame stiffness meets their requirements? I think the limits of the frame are exhibited more with the spider versions and by comparison with McLaren.

I got the same survey and I spent probably 90 minutes filling it out. It is entirely logical to infer they will use this information to build a Pista successor. But have you noticed Ferrari often does things that are not entirely linear? So I think you can absolutely hang your hat on the argument that says there will be an F8 VS because they are asking their clients what they'd want to see in the next one. But I say maybe its not quite that definitive, maybe they are looking for the kinds of things the more enthusiastic drivers like and don't and plan to use this feedback for other special models.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ferrari-electric-car-ceo/ferrari-ceo-does-not-expect-fully-electric-model-until-after-2025-idUSKBN1YG150

You seem to know way more than I, but I think they are very clever and I would agree, a Ferrari free of emotion is no Ferrari for me. And I think we equate purely electric as free of emotion. So that is the challenge for Ferrari. In the mean time we can drive our cars and debate if they will do something more with the F8 :)

of2worlds likes this.
  10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    If Ferrari doesn't know what their customer want by now then it is hopeless for them.

chrixxx likes this.
  11. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think they know very well, but there is always room to know more.

of2worlds likes this.
  12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Just join FChat

13. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think F-chat represents a very small slice of owners.

stavura, Gh21631, LVP488 and 3 others like this.
  14. jacinto jardine

jacinto jardine Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2011
    australia
    Full Name:
    Fly 458
    Shadowfax - I hear your pain loud and clear and all the way to smokey Sydney, and I extend my empathy to other Oz pista owners. Having to buy a 488 to qualify for a Pista was always a short term, flawed strategy. Indirectly it has created one of the best used car environments to date if you're in the market for a loved GTB/Spider. With supply exceeding demand on 488's, I highly doubt this edict will ever be enforced here again.

Tearing up hundreds of thousands on the changeover to get on the list was always going to ruffle the feathers of the loyal Ferraristi

Lets hope this craziness doesn't repeat itself mid way through the F8 cycle.

Enjoy the Pista:)

15. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    In my unique case, it was a paint-related comment...stripes not aligned, but appears to be a hood alignment issue, not the paint.

of2worlds and Thecadster like this.
  16. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Then you have the opposite end like this one add
    Excluding Government Charges (EGC)
    $656,477.00
    + Registration Duty $49,992.00
    + Transfer Fee $28.70
    + Luxury Car Tax $176,686.
    Estimated Drive Away Price (DAP)
    $883,184.00 *

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Our market is in limbo right now. At some stage it will stabilse

of2worlds likes this.
  17. jacinto jardine

Jan 16, 2011
    australia
    Full Name:
    Fly 458
    Yes I saw that example, lofty expectations perhaps?

Zagame has a highly specc'd RC metallic with factory black roof, 3000km for $429k , that car would've been $690k new in 2016.
    At least Pista values are holding, although the 2 currently on Carsales recently had slight price drops.

18. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Yes Zagame has this one. Like mine the RCM but don't like the black roof and red leather. Mind you its a 2016.
    Those Pista's have dropped about 15%

But to answer you definitely the right time to buy , actually better privately but the cheaper cars as not that crash hot. One dealer not Zagame I touched under the front spoiler all the cars and they were all rashed.

of2worlds likes this.
  19. jacinto jardine

Jan 16, 2011
    australia
    Full Name:
    Fly 458
    Good tip!

I suspect as 2020 rolls in, those cars will be a year older with greater motivation to sell.

20. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Bumping this thread to see if anyone has updated info on F8 special version. My dealer hasnt heard of one in the works.

21. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    There does not appear to be anything in the works. Ferrari has moved on according to the “insiders” on this board.

22. premierminister

Mar 8, 2013
    Germany
    Definitely no VS

23. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It was quite clear from the beginning that there will not be any F8 VS. Ferrari linked the V8 VS Models to their Race Versions like 360 CS vs 360 GTC / 430 Scuderia vs. 430 GT2 / 458 Speciale vs 458 GT3/E and 488 Pista vs. 488 GT3/E or the Challenge Versions of all of them.

there is no F8 Racing Version and therefore it was never planned to have a kind of road going version.

24. m8000

m8000 Karting

Mar 27, 2021
    Houston, TX
    The F8 is absolutely the end of the line for the platform unfortunately.

25. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Yes, it is unfortunate. The SF90 power output in a lightened F8 would be amazing. But I see why Ferrari wants to move foreword.

Thecadster likes this.