F8 Tributo VS | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 Tributo VS

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Jun 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    812 SPIDER
    F8 SPIDER
    PORTOFINO COUPE

The five does it include F8 and SF 90 ? if not there are another 2 to fill the 5 quoted. Maybe LB and F8 VS

Man either way you look at it if there is a F8 vs I would really be pissed to have a PISTA ordered

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Meh- Pista will be a classic and if an F8 vs is released it will also be a classic.

Did release of the Pista make the speciale any less special?

Looks like ferrari is going to churn out models left and right. Lots of options for folks to buy.

09Scuderia likes this.
  3. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    On top of that I heard that F8 will only have a 2 year production run for same compliance reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Most here said Ferrari could not get more hp out of the 6.3L V12 especially when it was certain the V12 would be downsized and mated to electrics. So Ferrari upped the displacement to 6.5L and ran a killer engine compared to F12 TdF and went straight NA with no electrics. Something like 70% new engine and now folks are saying it's dead also. This has been fun to watch.

Much easier to get more out of a forced induction engine especially one just released. The LB engine is far from its peak just as the 661hp of the 599GTO was said to be the peak and now its at 780hp on the 812s. I would say anything is possible with a limited run LE -except, of course, a manual transmission. :)

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  5. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Another way of looking at this. You are lucky to have gotten an allocation for either car. A very small number of customers get allocations. A handful get every car because they buy every car. Not easy to cherry pick. If you try that, for example all I want to buy is the LaFerrari Aperta or TDF —you are dreaming, You won’t get one.

09Scuderia, sampelligrino and F12JAJ like this.
  6. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    First rule of public company: make money for the shareholders. A special version of the F8 is low hanging fruit of the first order for Ferrari; minimal tooling and engineering costs, and probably still a bunch of us suckers who will line up and dutifully pay the pound of flesh for the scarcity of a special car.

IMHO, the ONLY reason we won't see a VS will be related to regulatory restrictions beyond the control of Corporate Ferrari.

LARRYH, sampelligrino and Roland1688 like this.
  7. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Things are different over here. You would be surprised. Someone getting a Pista based on just having a 488 GTB isn't weird here. Factor in one more thing the crash is most likely to happen before 2022 and you will see a lot of cars for sale and people pulling out of their orders. And the real cruncher the amount of tax we pay and the extra 9% effective 1st July increase.

8. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Crash?
    As in global financial generally or luxury sector specifically?
    I have to imagine, if the former, the only ones who will react the way you describe are those that did not anticipate what your tea leaves predict and were spending more than just play money.
    If the latter, I would presume the make up of those buyers who are exclusively in it for the latest shiny thing of status who would bail at the first sign of lost luster, so to speak, would be a minority of the market. Although, one could argue that the new Ferrari objectives of moving more units at higher prices would necessarily cater to those status-seeking buyers.

My presumption would be a broader financial crash would impact new orders going forward as opposed to people bailing on pre-existing orders. I believe that was what happened in 2008 but happy to be corrected if I am mistaken.

But this is all tangential to the thread. My tea leaves say, despite the ease in doing so, they will not make a special F8.
    NB: my tea leaves suck and I have no unique insight but it’s fun to speculate.

9. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Different market over here. But BTW how many Americans didn't read the tea leaves in 2008 ? Big presumption that your market is basically comprised of individuals that spend with play money. But I guess if that is the case there nothing to worry about.

10. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    In 2008, I had nothing to lose so was not directly effected. I’m sure other members could add more based on personal experience.

I don’t think the majority of US buyers of luxury cars are buying w play money. Likely the distribution of buyers would mirror wealth in general.

My speculation is that, in the event of a crash, new orders would shrivel up but existing orders (and I’m thinking specifically of those where there is a nonrefundable deposit down) would likely continue for the majority. Especially if there were a prelude to the crash, I am guessing many buyers would not proceed with the deposit and order if they were potentially in a financially tenuous situation.
    Again, this is just my speculation.

Is something brewing in Australia that portends a 2022 crash?

11. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Are you in the states ? If so there are a hell of a lot precursors showing that you / we are headed for a crash. Showing all the trends to previous crashes.
    I could go on and on but I believe another thread would be more appropriate.

Think about the non refundable deposit for a moment.

Lets say your 488 GTB had a sticker 320 k. Deposit 20 k on a F8. Wait a year for the F8 to come in with a sticker 340 k. But you were thinking around 290 k for your 488 GTB but the dealer offers only 180 k. Would you rather lose the 20 k or pay another 120 k for the F8 ? So technically the F8 is 320 + 120 k = 440 k Hell of a lot for you guys.

This is already happening due to the high inventory of 488 's ( well over here ). A crash would only compound the situation further . Hence my reluctance to buy a F8 right now. For us compound another 200 k plus extra due to taxes.

With a VS the effect would be less. Similar but not to that extent with a Pista as its not limited.

With all the cars Ferrari is / going to churn out I strongly believe the special ones and more so the limited ones will be the ones to keep.

So I hope they make the F8 VS.

C50 likes this.
  12. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Agreed on all your points.

I’m in the US, and here conventional wisdom holds one needs to purchase the base to be considered for the special version.

Not sure what the situation is in Australia, but do you want the F8 VS enough that you’ll roll the depreciation dice on an F8? Or can one reasonably expect to be able to buy a VS outright?

I wonder if the evolution of Ferrari’s pricing strategy (charge more, eg Pista) will result in pricing alone being the barrier to entry for VS as opposed to purchase history. Would be out of character but it’s a new corporate order.

13. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

If there is a F8 VS we don't have to have the F8. 488 GTB is enough.

There are several Pista owners here that went 488 GTB to Pista, no issues. Our market is smaller. A well optioned Pista is around 550 k USD , much more than you guys. ( Taxes :( )

I know a guy that has ordered a SF90 only with a 488 GTB. I believe the only games played here are that good customers get their cars first. So yeh its a different market.

C50 likes this.
  14. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    IIRC the 16M wasn’t immediately sold out going into 2009, and that was only a limited run of 499 special cars. I think that still hangs over 16M pricing to this day for some reason.
    I don’t know about a crash coming since really no obvious giant bubbles, but definitely a turn down has to be coming.

MANDALAY likes this.
  15. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Making a VS F8 is pretty cookie- cutter for Ferrari. It’s an easy to design product that generates interest and extra per-unit profit. It’s also become a Ferrari tradition with the mid rear V8 sports cars.

I don’t know if there is an emissions regulation which prevents any performance increase in with the standard F8 engine. The particulate filter is already baked into the platform.

16. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Ild bet they will do a F8 VS. Even better if we can get them ( that is they do a RH version ) It wont have the particulate filter :)

17. Superfans

Superfans Karting

Jan 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    Superfans
    It would be awesome if Ferrari is going to make the F8 VS a reality in 2 years time!!

18. Motorwerks

Motorwerks Formula Junior

May 8, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills
    Full Name:
    Satish Tummala
    How may I ask is an F8 a slap in the face to 488 owners?? So in 2016 when the 488 was announced, and an owner purchased one, drove it for nearly 4 years before an F8 is even delivered, got their face slapped?? So they shouldn't have purchased a 488 in 2016 and rather, sit and twiddled their thumbs for 4 years driving nothing?? Meanwhile, a comparably spec'd F8 compared to a 2016 488 is nearly a $50000 spread.

There's ALWAYS something big and better coming out.

19. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    I received my 488 GTB in August 2018. F8 was announced shortly after . I expected the NEW V6 TT to be the next car. Wasn't prepared to go to the PISTA as basically 40% more than the 488 GTB cost me.

The F8 speced same as my 488 GTB is only 3K dearer.

So fact I really don't care about depreciation as I will drive and am. But I wont throw hard earn money away either.

$580 k 488 GTB cost me. Because of all the Pista owners and first round owners of the 488 GTB handing in their cars we have too many cars for sale. Price has dropped. Best would be $400 k
    So to get into the F8 we are talking $183 k. Money better spent on a F8 VS

20. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    My man- there is always something better faster right around the corner. I bought my 488 and enjoyed it for 2.5 years and neither Pista or F8 bothers me in the least. It is what it is.

If you Want a car that doesn’t age or get old- get a Porsche. Those suckers look the same 20 years later.

09Scuderia and sampelligrino like this.
  21. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    no dealer is going to say anything that might deter a customer from spending money today - so of course there wont be a VS, SE, LE. lbgtqrsheximsdmijeishsojufdsfsfsdf

22. Motorwerks

May 8, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills
    Full Name:
    Satish Tummala
    IF there is such a thing as an F8 VS. And...even the F8 will tank in value, and the VS, and nearly EVERY car that Ferrari builds from here on out. I would say that the 488 depreciation is the new normal....accept it or buy another brand. Ferrari values share Corvette values.

sampelligrino and SoCal to az like this.
  23. humdizzle

humdizzle Karting

Mar 9, 2016
    not sure why anyone believes what their dealer tells them. Its not like they are getting some secret knowledge that isn't available on the internet. If one dealer knows, every dealer knows, and its no longer a secret. Their main goal is to sell you a car to get more money in their own pocket.

small displacement engines with turbos and hybrid setups are the future. The pista wasn't going to be the 'last' of anything like the 458 spec was.

Were people mad when the italia came out and dusted the 430 scud?

Doctor Mark likes this.
  24. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Interesting comment. It must be purely coincidence that before the names / number of a new car is announced the personalised number plate is unavailable. And by coincidence the Ferrari dealership has it ?

25. Motorwerks

May 8, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills
    Full Name:
    Satish Tummala
    Not sure about your location, but in the US, the F8 is nearly $25,000 more than a 2018 488GTB. I seriously doubt the difference is $3k anywhere for similarly spec'd 488 vs F8 cars. My 488 was approx $308k. When I spec'd an F8 similarly, it was $345k