Fabspeed vs Tubi Header for F355 GTB | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Fabspeed vs Tubi Header for F355 GTB

Discussion in '348/355' started by V12Lyfe, Jul 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Which aftermarket header did you buy for your F355 (GTB, GTS, Spider)

1. Fabspeed

33.3%
  2. Tubi

66.7%
  1. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Unfortunately many do not seem to grasp this idea. Why buy a great car and then put cheap parts on it? Did Ferrari make a mistake by going 4 into 2 into 1? Did Ferrari insulate the headers just because it seemed like a good idea at the time? Hmmm I wonder. Ive been around the 355 for years and worked on quite a few and I am amazed at what I have seen owners do to their cars....Sometimes I laugh and sometimes I cry. Many if not most Ferrari owners don't have a clue about their car.

A348W, Krisatcruz and 05011994 like this.
  2. V12Lyfe

V12Lyfe Rookie

May 30, 2018
    Orange County, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Absolutely!

I am coming out with a list of things i want to do with this car. Will definitely do everything i can to preserve it for the future.

3. V12Lyfe

V12Lyfe Rookie

May 30, 2018
    Orange County, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Do you have a direct link to the header? I can't find it on their site.

Thanks

Mike

4. chrisj951

chrisj951 Karting

Feb 18, 2015
    Metro Atlanta
  5. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    If they are such great cars why do so any parts, the headers, catolytic converters, valve guides, coating on interior parts......, fail? :)

6. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    Hang on, just because tubi charge 5 grand for there manifolds, does not mean that fabspeeds 3 grand plus manifolds are cheap parts. Have you heard your self mate? Reading the above, you almost sound as condescending as rifledriver when he goes of on one lol :D

7. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    Just wanted to pitch in here. First thank you for the kind words and feedback about our 355 Manifolds. We spent countless hours and worked past the fitment issue by remaking all of our jigs (not just the 355 Manifolds) so they are back within spec. So, moving forward you will not have to worry about fitment and making "modifications".

It seems like the common theme here is the lack of representation of Tubi Style in the US and I hope to change that at least here on Ferrari Chat. If you guys ever have any questions or concerns feel free to PM me directly.

Samir Goncalves and Cole_ve like this.
  8. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Right, Mike. Mine went in easily...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

:)

Tubi Sales likes this.
  9. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    I didn't expect feedback that quickly! Thank you for that. :)

10. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    tubi exhaust and manifolds with tubi test pipes on a 95 generates a sound like no other....truly emotional and symphonic!!

Krisatcruz, Cirorsi, jimmym and 4 others like this.
  11. thurman_merman

Jul 26, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I have fabspeed headers on my '98, fabspeed everything actually except for the bypass and muffler(both capristo). Comparing clips of my car on YouTube against others I feel like the sound vs stock or Tubi headers isn't any different. In person it sounds incredible.

Having said that, I don't think the flanges that bolt to the heads are perfectly flat. I changed out all of the gaskets during my major and I can still hear exhaust leaks at the heads. I have heard a couple of Ferrari techs say that the quality of fabspeed isn't as good as other brands but I've never heard that about Tubi. It's not enough for me to switch them out but I will be having my headers surfaced next time I have them out.

12. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM
    can the tubi headers be heat coated or will that not be helpful or cause longevity issues from trapping too much of the heat in? I usually have my performance headers heat coated, so curious to know if these shields are good enough.

13. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Heat shields (especially ones like Tubi) are by far better than any coating. I would install as-is, I think coating them would be of little/no benefit.

308 GTB, ruey220, Tubi Sales and 3 others like this.
  14. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    OCKlasse, jimmym, ruey220 and 3 others like this.
  15. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Tubis are beautiful to look at, difficult to install.

16. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Mine didn't look like that.

I didn't find then hard to install. Did it engine in, on jack stands. Just took a little imagination on my 2.7 car to get a couple of the nuts started. I'd say best to get all the nuts started before tightening any of them.

Guess it's in the eye of the beholder.

Tubi Sales likes this.
  17. ducrob

ducrob Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2011
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Fabspeed. Full de-catted system. Although I don’t have the car anymore, I can tell you that the quality was great and the fitment was excellent. It was a little loud for my taste. Cheers.