Factory Tour Rule Change? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Factory Tour Rule Change?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Monteman, Mar 5, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    He was retired and did the tours as a way to give back to the company and make some extra money.

2. Scottieo

Scottieo Rookie

Jul 29, 2016

Just a thought while I've had a 75 308 gt4 and a 348 while going to the factory and touring it would be great. But I'm afraid it's going to be going to a strip club look but no touching, where's the fun if you can't take one out for a test drive. But oh well life's good even if a tour is just eye candy for our pleasure, and no test drive.

3. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Ferrari is more than just revenue and a balance sheet.

I’m tired of reading these posts about “the 308 guy” as the constant example. How about the owner of a Dino purchased from Mecum or an F40 purchased from Sotheby’s who service at an independent shop? Those owners don’t deserve a factory tour? Please.

A factory tour is important for the culture of Ferrari and alienating Ferrari owners is simply bad for business, bad for the brand, and bad for the mystique that draws all of us to Ferrari.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

papou and G. Pepper like this.
  4. Ivan Drago

Ivan Drago Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2021
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Ivan Drago
    That seems a little harsh. What if he is just really passionate about what his grandparents created and wants everyone to leave with the same sort of appreciation for Heineken that he has? Maybe he’s very personable. Maybe he’s not the most business savvy. Who knows, but I wouldn’t say the guy is a loser because he’s not on the board.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

italiafan likes this.
  5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yes, you're right, that was harsh and he was very personable. If I was a family member I would have been giving tours just so I could get the free beer at the end of the tour! :D

Ivan Drago likes this.
  6. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I think if you are an owner you can get a tour - but Ferrari now charges for it. e350 I think. the tour is made through your authorized Ferrari Dealer etc. you can't ( to my knowledge ) get a tour by showing up. You can do the museum tour that takes you on the bus ride through the factory - I think that is still a thing.

If you have not been there the tour is a great idea, I love Maranello as a town, but the tour is really good. I've been very lucky to have done it several times. I would say do it in the mid-late fall, or early spring. summer - way too hot. Lamborghini is ok, and Pagani is nice but super short, not that big... its very much a craftsman tour. it is very lab like.

7. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Well, normally you can’t just show up unannounced and get a tour. But…..

When I was there a couple of years ago in the reception area waiting for our tour to begin, a guy showed up with his translator and asked for a tour. At first he was told no, but his translator insisted saying he has come all the way from Beijing and has purchased many cars from you. He would very much like you to do this.

Later, while on our tour we saw the guy and his translator on their own personal tour being shown around by their own private tour guide.

We wondered at the time just how many cars you need to buy to get that kind of treatment.

G. Pepper likes this.