FALL SPOTTERS... | Page 4 | FerrariChat

FALL SPOTTERS...

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by spike308, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CashChase

CashChase Rookie

Aug 8, 2005
    silver DB9 with the top up spotted near woodfield mall around 9:15 this morning

mmmmmmmmmmm first aston I've ever seen

2. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    saw a black 365 GTB/4 "daytona" of all places... Rockford. it was last sunday and the last nice weekend of the fall. what blew me away is the sound of that V12. throaty, raspy but so intoxicating... my porsche sounded (and felt) like a honda after seeing/hearing that.

regards,

joe

3. MarkL

MarkL Karting
    Owner

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Hi Joe,
    You may see more of it around now that I finally have it back. I took off the straight pipes on Saturday and put the center mufflers back on. A little more civilized but still nice and raw. Hopefully we get a few more nice days before the snow flys. God I hate the midwest this time of year!

Mark

4. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    LFSC has a killer V8 vantage that has a 2K paint option... painted Ferrari fly yellow (whatever the official name of it is)... man is it cool.
    I have a pic, but just bought a new computer, have not put all the software on it to deal with pics yet...
    I live north of the city, there are a fair number of Astons here... just beautiful cars!

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Today, 10:30am Northbound on LSD: Yellow 360 Spider with the top up.

6. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Election day,at lunch time in Northbrook on Lake Cook Rd and Waukegan a jackpot: Black Enzo (Pilota)

7. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Good to see Tony out and about in his Enzo :). Last time I saw it it was at LFSC for a brake job.

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yikes! A brake job! Those pads alone for the Enzo are supposed to be $20K!

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    O.K. as I am sitting here at my computer, I hear an engine revving outside....sounds to me like a Ferrari with a Tubi!? I go to look out the front window, and it is a Red/Tan 430 Spider! But...sad to say, it was in a Funeral Procession. Apparently, the former Mayor here in Oakbrook Terrace, Mayor Sarallo, had passed away last Saturday, and the funeral procession was driving down my street to pass his house, which is a block down.

I had driven my Ferrari in 2 funeral different funeral processions in the past.

Amazing how the Ferrari has such a distinctive, beautiful sound.

10. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    Spotted a yellow Ferrari, now sure of the model. It was at Highland Ave and Ogden Ave. at about 8:20 pm, Nov. 8th. Stopped on the side of the road watching a fire truck go by. I was in my camo ferrari. You know the one that looks like a crappy white Hyundai Sonata with 90,000 miles.

11. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Johnny, I may have just seen the same car you saw. Yellow 360 Modena tonight at the new Capital Grill in Yorktown Mall on Highland and Butterfield.

12. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    That is probably the same one.

13. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    VERY cool dark blue Alfa Romeo southbound 94 around Lake Cook Road. Only saw the front, but maybe a 156? Very cool...

AND... I drove my first quasi-super car yesterday:
    2002 Aston Martin Vanquish, essentiallhy TDF blue, complete with F1 paddles. Oh... the sound of the 12! (was listed on LFSC for awhile)
    Impressions: kind of dangerous... very fast, can hang out the back end easily, 1st to 2nd F1 shifting is anything but smooth, especially when hitting the gas in anger. Spent most of the time hitting the breaks... "oh, ****, I'm going 90!"

14. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    First one was today around 11:00AM. I heard it well before I saw it. A Red/Tan 430 Spider with the top down, exiting Westbound Butterfield Rd. to Southbound Highland Av., by the Yorktown Shopping Center. It had that beautiful Tubi sound to it. I am betting that it is the same one that I saw in the former OBT Mayor's Funeral procession here in Oakbrook Terrace yesterday.

45 minutes later, a Dark Blue/Tan 360 Spider, also with the top down, going Westbound on Old Butterfield Rd. in Oakbrook Terrace, turning into the Lincoln Centre Office Plaza, by the Redstone Restaraunt.

15. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Today, 4pm in the Loop: Light blue metallic 360 Spyder with the top down.

16. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Today, I saw the hood of a red 365 2+2, going north on RT 50, between Peotone and Monee at about (deleted for legal reasons) :)

17. XLR8TOR

XLR8TOR Rookie

Nov 10, 2006
    Cygnus X1
    Grigio Ingrid F430 gassing up at the BP on the westbound Indiana toll road just east of 94 morning of Oct 30.

18. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    lambo gallardo headin southbound on 355 right now.

19. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    Okay, what is this "legal reasons" about?

20. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    For whatever reason there's a Bentley parked in the atrium of Union Station. And it's actually a Bentley, too. Not a tricked Chrysler 300.

21. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    :D, We were slightly, cough.cough, in excess of the posted limit, yesterday we were even slightly more cough.cough, in violation.

Desrted roads, beautiful day, no DVD player, what else could I do?

Bill

22. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    Ah,,,,,now I get it. I've had the same cough at times as well. Can't say why it happens, just difficult to get rid of.

23. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yellow 355 Spider in the parking lot that has the Murrays Auto Parts store on Roosevelt Rd., just West of Park Av. in Glen Ellyn. Last weekend. I have never seen this car around ANYWHERE......?......!

24. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Silver CGT on Westleigh in Lake Forest,later on Deerpath (in the rain) a gorgeus silver 300SL Gullwing.

25. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I have never seen a Gullwing out in the open like that. To me, THAT is a spot!