Fan of Ferrari at the factory | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Fan of Ferrari at the factory

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by abavai, Jan 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yfc

yfc Karting

Dec 23, 2003
    Geneva / Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    Dave,

You are correct. Ferrari's owner can effectively get access to the factory via their local dealer.

With two friends of mine, we are trying to organize a visit of the Ferrari factory this spring. By the way, one told me that such visit is (very) restricted to a few part of the factory. Beuh :-(

So let's see what we can see.

2. prova

prova Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Gonzo
    yes yfc the visit is very restricted but it's still very interesting an fun... ;)

3. abavai

abavai Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    550 maranello

4. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Ron Jeremy at the factory

5. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Korr,
    ROTFLMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. speedemon

speedemon Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Abavai,

"Lawwdog" visited the factory about a month or two ago and posted quite a few pictures of the factory and some of the treasures within. Also a "sneak peak" video of what looks to be final test runs on the Challenge Stradale -

You can download the video and pictures by searching "lawwdog" posts, but I think the thread began on 12/3 or so......entitled "Back from Italy"

I really enjoyed it.

7. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    True. I invited two friends of mine to go in with me. No problem with them.

DL

8. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Abavai,

Speedemon is right. I was there in November and posted a number of pics and video. Click on my profile and search what I posted. You will find it there.

I had to fax title to my car over to Ferrari NA to confirm access. Ferrari NA advised me that no title...no access.

9. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I have gone to the factory many times and I have some great friends in Maranello after all these years.

The tour has deteriorated over the years. My first tout was at least 3 hours and we saw everything, got to speak with engineers, mechanics and F1 people....then as a special treat we got to go over to Fiorano.....after seeing some of the F1 facilities the skies literaly opened up...and we took cover in Enzo's house at the track...it was way cool....we got to see his office and living quarters as well as his library. That visit will stay with me forever.

The last tour I took (2002)...could have been a visit to Ford. It was about 40 minutes long...very structured....look (briefly)...don't talk or touch anything.....now get out...but make sure you spend stupid $$ at the factory store accross the street!

The magic has definitely faded with Enzo gone............Dino