Fastest Porsche - no, fastest CAR ever? | FerrariChat

Fastest Porsche - no, fastest CAR ever?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Mang, Nov 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    This car is local to me and has been sitting on local Craigslist for years with no sale. It is now on Bringatrailer. I went and checked it out and got taken for a ride by Geno the owner a little more than a year or so ago.

I have to share it is the most scared I’ve ever been in my life. Sheer terror. It is THAT fast. It moves down the road with a ferocity like nothing, and I mean NOTHING else on four wheels. If anyone wants to brave it, you will have the fastest car around period. Some folks on this forum like to go fast in cars. This is the one.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1968-porsche-911l-4/#comments

I’m not a fan of the ‘look’ but that can be tweaked. Just thought peeps here might want to know about the fastest freakin car ever?

2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Quite a beast!

3. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Wow.

What's the rear suspension. I see no torsion bar covers, and the listing mentions coilovers, but that could just be at the front.

I'm hoping it has the 993's LSA rear suspension.

Matt

4. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Matt, perhaps take questions to the comments section of the listing. The owner is ‘present’ and replies would help any interested parties. It’s been a couple years since I went for that ride. I’ll never forget it. It didn’t feel real and yet we catapulted down the road for just a few seconds and all I wanted was OFF THE RIDE!! Immediately. The car tracked straight and sound, but the sheer speed and acceleration is something I will never forget. Apparently 550hp in a lightweight car...holy ****!

Smiles likes this.