Favorite Phoenix Area Restaurant ? | FerrariChat

Favorite Phoenix Area Restaurant ?

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by LP400S, Dec 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LP400S

LP400S Formula 3

May 18, 2002
    West Coast
    Just looking into trying some new places. Does anyone have a favorite to recommend?

2. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
  3. bigbaddad

bigbaddad Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    John Roberts
    Here are a few of our regular places. Nothing fancy, but we like 'em.

Ra Sushi. They have a place in Kierland.

El Encanto. Good Mexican food up in Cave Creek.

Hmmm... just two. Oh well.

-John

4. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    For Mexican food my choice would have to be Garduno's at Scottsdale rd and Doubletree ranch

http://www.margaritafactory.com

For German food German Corner Indian School and 49th st

Rob Guess "The Other Rob"

5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Cowboy Ciao! What a wine list.

6. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Kai at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort. This place gets points from me because Janos Wilder consults on the menu and it shows, it's 20 minutes from the house, the staff is friendly, great wine list, and they really are trying hard to build a top restaurant without attitude.

C Fu Gourmet for Chinese.

I've had mixed luck at Tarbells (Awesome wine selection, but the food has ranged from great to poor....sad to say).

On the high end, there is always Vincent on Camelback, Christopher’s Fermier Brasserie, and T Cooks at the Royal Palms.

I’ve always wanted to try Mosaic myself.

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Every time that I visit Phoenix/Scottsdale,which is alot,as most of my family has been out there since mid 70's and 80's. (And,I will be someday,soon!) We go to "Bandera" on Scottsdale Rd.,in Old Town Scottsdale.(There's also one here on Michigan Av. in Chicago) They have some Great "American" cuisine. Roasted Chicken on a spit,Great mashed Potatoes,Corn Bread souffle,Steaks. Also,LOTS of Great looking Ladies are ALWAYS at that place! ALWAYS!! And,"kiddie corner" from Bandera is "Pischke's Paradise" ,also in "Old Town Scottsdale" Their address is: 7217 E, 1st. in Scottsdale. They are on 1st,South side of the street,a few doors East of Scottsdale Rd. Great food there,and Seafood. Really Cool,South Florida atmosphere. Wear a Hawaiian shirt if you want. Try one of their "Pischke's Passion" Rum Drinks. I believe they use 5 Premium Rums and Passion Fruit juice. Very tasty,VERY Dangerous! Drink those babies with Caution!! I once gave them a photo of my Red 308,with my Illinois plates "N LUVN IT",and one of their, "No Snivelling" bumper stickers on the back,but don't know if they ever put it up anywhere. We have some great food here in Chicago,but,there's alot of Fantastic places to eat in Phoenix/Scottsdale. After you finish eating in Old Town Scottsdale,check out "The Sugar Bowl" for some ice cream. It's right on Scottsdale Rd.,still in Old Town Scottsdale,a little bit North of Bandera. Great if you have kids.(I do) Or,even if you don't! It's like an old fashioned 50's Ice Cream Parlor. For Breakfast,try "The Quilted Bear". It's on the West side of Scottsdale Rd.,just South of Lincoln.In a Plaza. We saw Britney Spears there having Breakfast this past July. They have really good Breakfast food.Then,for Dinner,go around the corner on Lincoln to their sister Restaraunt,"The Other Place". A little Pricey,but,nicey! Good Lobster and Steaks. Great Chicago Style Pizza? You MUST go to "Pizzaferro's". It's on Mercer Dr.,which is just a couple blocks North of Shea,and just West of Scottsdale Rd.about halfway down the block. I grew up in Chicago,where there is some of the Best Pizza in the World. And,this is the only Pizza that we eat when we go out there! :) Last but not least,"Alice Cooperstown".101 E.Jackson,in Downtown Phoenix. Right by Bank One Ballpark. Lots of Rock and Sports memorabilia,also For Sale. Really good BBQ,and other stuff. Alice was actually there one of the times that we went there and graciously chatted with us and signed autographs. But the staff said that that is very rare that he's there. You can also check out the Arizona Center. It's a small outdoor Mall,that has some nice Restaraunts and shops,and even a "Fat Tuesday's" Bar and Restaraunt,where they have,like,20-30 Slushy Cocktails. Cool Mardi Gras atmosphere. And,there's another bar, a Surf Bar upstairs,too,called "Moondoggies". There was a "Cold Stone" ice Cream parlor there,last time we were there,too. Also,don't forget to drive up North to Cave Creek,and Check out "The Satisfied Frog",and "Goatsucker Saloon and Restaraunt". Good BBQ there,too. Lots of cool stores,and one place that has some great Fudge. get some Cave Creek Chili beer! (better yet,don't!) That should keep you busy,(and Full,) for awhile! Have Fun! Most of these places are Casual,but Bandera and The Other Place are "Nice Casual" or even "Dressy",if you like.

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    P.S. If you like Marguerita's,there are plenty of Good places to get one out there. But,if you go to the "Goatsucker Saloon & Restaraunt",at The Satisfied Frog in Cave Creek,they have some pretty spectaculiar examples.

9. LP400S

LP400S Formula 3

May 18, 2002
    West Coast
    Some of these places sound pretty good. Looking forward to trying them out.