FCA Holiday dinner - DEC 14 @ Luciano's | FerrariChat

FCA Holiday dinner - DEC 14 @ Luciano's

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by spirot, Dec 3, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Hey all,

Just wanted to post that Kin Mitra has reserved 20 slots at Luciano's Italian Restaurant for Sunday Dec 14, at 7Pm. This is an FCA event, but if you are a non member I would ask that you contribute $10 to cover wine.

For those of you that were there for our welcome dinner for Will at FOA, the food was great and we had a good turnout!! so lets keep the momentum going!

I love that we are finally getting a group of folks together for the mtn runs, and Sugo's etc... so ya'll come on out this year!!!

Merry Christmas - bouno natali!

2. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    Miss Maggie and I are in. Sounds like a great time.

3. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    My wife and I have marked our calendar...

4. 308inatl

308inatl Karting
    BANNED

Aug 24, 2006
    Angelia and I will try and be there.

Thanks.

5. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I will be there, or try to be. I am also going to try and bring Regina. I think my mom has already marked us down.

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I can make it this year, probably by myself.

7. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Tom........Vicky and I will be there!

8. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    #8 andy308, Dec 6, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
    Do you have some news to share (and maybe some photos)!

9. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    This is an FCA membership dinner ONLY

10. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Charles, that's not what Tom says in his first post above. Would you guys kindly get your act together?

11. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Sorry,
    But Tom did not know that the FCA party was to be FCA only. I have been in PERU for a few weeks and asked him and Kin Mitra to help set it up. ALL FCA events from here forward are members only events. The only events that are open to others are Track events where non-members have to pay a 40% premium over the member cost.

12. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    In light of the recent events, I'm not sure I will be attending the dinner. I disagee on making the dinner FCA only, since each person is paying their own way.

13. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    #13 parkerfe, Dec 8, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
    Charles, since it is a 'pay if you go' event, why not let non-FCA members attend and hand out FCA membership applications at the party? Maybe even charge non-FCA members a $10 cover charge. While I understand that FCA membership should have it's privileges so to speak...it seems to me that FCA membership would increase if more Ferrari owners came to the events and had fun.

14. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    The FCA is a great organization and I think the Southeast region is gaining momentum. It seems like now is not the best time to exclude potential members. More people, more noise, more wine, more stories (and lies to tell), more wine (did I say that already?), and most of all....MORE FUN! Keep it open and exclude only Lambo owners. There, I'm done with my rant.

15. 308inatl

308inatl Karting
    BANNED

Aug 24, 2006
    This is a familiar debate: the merits of FCA membership, how to encourage involvement, etc.

I suggest this be a pre or post dinner discussion, regardless of who is allowed to attend.

16. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    +1 . I agree 100%.

17. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That is a shame. When I was VP of FOC in Michigan, we always opened it up to non-members for a fee. That way people could try, so to speak, before they buy. Having let my FOC membership lapse (as of August) I was considering switching over to FCA again (former member from 2004-2005 in the Michigan Chapter).

I can appreciate the issue of people enjoying the benefits with out being a full fledged member. We had to find the balance with that constantly, but we always enjoyed the company of those who were slow to join, but eventually they did. Especially when we negotiated parts and merchandise discounts at Cauley Ferrari for members. One gentlemen comes to mind joined and saved enough on his major for his 355 to more than cover the cost of his membership.

So, how much is an FCA membership going for these days? How many events do you guys host on average each year? Any other benefits to consider (like parts and merchandise discounts at FCA, etc?) How many track days do you host each year? (what do you charge for track day?)

Definately something to think about. The last time I signed up for a membership for FCA it took about a month to just process my membership and get my welcome packet so I guess there is no way I'd even be able to get that squared away in time for this event.

Have fun guys. Let me know when the next drive is (provided that it is open to non-FCA members). I want to get out and see how the new 355 wheels do!

18. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    #18 parkerfe, Dec 8, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  19. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thank you for the info.

20. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Tom(Santa).......Charles(Ebenezer) ...... sorry could not help myself...........

If someone could make a call here by mid-week I'd appreciate it so the wifey and I can plan (or not plan)
    accordingly.

Thanks,
    BobR

21. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I'm sorry if I started another FCA value discussion. However I just totally disagree with restricting events to non members when the club is not really providing anything. ( glass of wine? )

I think we are just now getting an active core of folks togehter, I hate to have this thrown in at the last min. I hope we can keep the Luciano's dinner open to all... to me its the best solution to getting folks to join the club.

Tom

22. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    I'm with Tom and others on this and I am an FCA member. Is Luciano's opening up just for the FCA Ga. Chapter?

23. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Good one, Will! :D

24. elgin328

elgin328 Formula 3

Apr 11, 2004
    near Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Tom(Santa).......Charles(Ebenezer) ...... sorry could not help myself...........

LOL!!!!!!!!!

+1000

25. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I wish you guys would hold these events on a Sat night. It's easier for us out-of-staters to join in