News

Fchat time problem

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by MarkPDX, Nov 20, 2003.

1. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Maybe I'm going crazy but....

I think that Fchat is running 12-13 hours fast. Looking at the last post date it in the screen shot I took a few minutes ago it says Today 09:38 AM when it is obviously not (I'm set to Pacific Time). If you look where the red arrow is the time jumps from 06:37 PM to 08:27 AM. It won't fit on my screen but if you go down a further. It goes from yesterday to 11-18-2003 which would mean Fchat thinks it's already 11-20-2003

2. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    No, you're not crazy. Well, not about this issue at least.:)

As I read your post it is telling me you posted at 12:05 PM. Somethings off.

3. wax

wax Four Time F1 World Champ
    Advising Moderator

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Maybe the System Clock got reset again.

This kinda nutshells what rob said about the System Clock after the memory upgrade (coincidence, perhaps), with a bonus surprise appearance by the twins.

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Well considering all the posts in this thread say they were posted today, in the afternoon and it's only 10:26 AM here, i'd say the clock is a little off...

5. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Today @ 11:31PM...? Holy crap...!
    Rob, the clock is off by 13 hours, ahead of time...! Where's Barry Wolinsky and his Back to the Future Ferrari when you need him...?

6. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I've also noticed that when I post, my post gets put in thread at the time I logged in to F-chat, not when my post was. That will be a good trick when it's a time dated contest!

7. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Well THIS is weird. Now it looks like I started this thread?

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Owner Miami 2018

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Looks like we had the same problem as last Friday. They have been working on the server quite a bit trying to make it faster, yet looks like it's just being a pain in the arse.

Clock is correct now, but posts/threads will be out of order until we past that future time. Also, some users may have flood control problems until their future time post passes plus 2 seconds.

I'm going to look into some automated processes that ensure the clock is accurate, I have it for my PC, so I don't see why a server can't. If anyone knows a Unix program for this, please let me know.

Thanks.