Fchat time problem | FerrariChat

Fchat time problem

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by jimpo1, Nov 20, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I've also noticed that when I post, my post gets put in thread at the time I logged in to F-chat, not when my post was. That will be a good trick when it's a time dated contest!

2. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Well THIS is weird. Now it looks like I started this thread?

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Looks like we had the same problem as last Friday. They have been working on the server quite a bit trying to make it faster, yet looks like it's just being a pain in the arse.

Clock is correct now, but posts/threads will be out of order until we past that future time. Also, some users may have flood control problems until their future time post passes plus 2 seconds.

I'm going to look into some automated processes that ensure the clock is accurate, I have it for my PC, so I don't see why a server can't. If anyone knows a Unix program for this, please let me know.

Thanks.

4. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Maybe I'm going crazy but....

I think that Fchat is running 12-13 hours fast. Looking at the last post date it in the screen shot I took a few minutes ago it says Today 09:38 AM when it is obviously not (I'm set to Pacific Time). If you look where the red arrow is the time jumps from 06:37 PM to 08:27 AM. It won't fit on my screen but if you go down a further. It goes from yesterday to 11-18-2003 which would mean Fchat thinks it's already 11-20-2003

5. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    No, you're not crazy. Well, not about this issue at least.:)

As I read your post it is telling me you posted at 12:05 PM. Somethings off.

6. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Maybe the System Clock got reset again.

This kinda nutshells what rob said about the System Clock after the memory upgrade (coincidence, perhaps), with a bonus surprise appearance by the twins.

7. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Well considering all the posts in this thread say they were posted today, in the afternoon and it's only 10:26 AM here, i'd say the clock is a little off...

8. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Today @ 11:31PM...? Holy crap...!
    Rob, the clock is off by 13 hours, ahead of time...! Where's Barry Wolinsky and his Back to the Future Ferrari when you need him...?