News

Fender Shields

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ZINGARA 250GTL, Feb 25, 2004.

1. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I know some of you have been looking for shields. John Borchelt of San Carlos CA has some nice ones in a couple of sizes. They are magnetic but, can be applied well using 3M double sided tape. I purchased a set for use on my other cars and am very happy. John ships quickly and is reliable. He has an ad under memorabilia. Cheers, Ken

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Ken do you have a URL for John?

4. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    No, I don't. However, he has an ad here in chat under "memorabilia." He just put it in yesterday at my behest. His phone number and a picture of the shield are in the adv. Cheers!

5. johnb@macarbon

johnb@macarbon Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    John Borchelt
    Granat,

Thanks for the plug. I sell magnetic 3D shields that in my opinion, do look really good on the car.

You can check them out on my new website at:
    www.maranelloauto.com
    (old site www.cimbridge-software.com/ferrari.htm)
    You can also call me at +1 650-520-4822.

Mention Ferrarichat and I'll include a free Scuderia sticker for your toolbox as well.

I run the shields on my black '83QV and they add a nice dash of color to the sides. Being magnetic, they can easily be taken on and off. This makes them not the best solution for a daily driver but great for the weekend drive. The magents are strong enough to handle any speed (OK, I have not tested them above 125MPH!) I've sold over 80 pairs and never had a complaint.

I have dealt with a fair number of people who add them to their non-Ferrari cars or to aluminum bodied cars. For them I will have the shields available soon with the auto adhesive pre-installed.

6. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Thanks for the info. I'm checking them out now.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    Maybe Rob should create a new forum, "Shield discussion"