Ferrari 348 Chassis repair | FerrariChat

Ferrari 348 Chassis repair

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Samy, Dec 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Samy

Samy Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2005
    Hello,

i have an problem with my 348. Its a bit deformed and i dont have the messurements and messureing points to get the suspension back in the right position. Can anyone help me and give me the messurements of the chassis? There should be any technical manual available but i didnt found something about the chassis only about all of the rest like suspension setup, engine, gearbox , ...

2. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Ask you local Ferrari dealers bodyshop / parts people for the measurments or the chassis / body repair manual 9or better still have them jig it for you)
    if the damage is at the back you'll probably have to not only have the chassis jigged but also pruchase a new engine / suspension craddle

3. Samy

Samy Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2005
    No the damage is at the front. Rear is only a slight damage on one of the tubes of the rearframe. But i can't correct it without messurements. And i dont get informations from the ferrari dealers till now. They want to repair the car herself :) And all repair manuals i have didn't show anything about the chassi except for an picture of the naked mainframe but nothing detailed .. like in the owner manual. So i hope that anyone had these messurings for me here. Or owns/works on an 348 who can messure the 3 to 5 messurings i need for me.

4. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Unfortunately Samy the manuals are not very good.

Exactly what area on the car are you trying to get the measurments for?

5. Samy

Samy Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2005
    The car gets the first impact on the front right side. The frame where the suspension is mounted on is pushed to the middle so that the position of this mounting points is totaly off the skale. so i need the messurement between the right front suspension to the left front suspension there are small holes in the metal of the trunkfloor f.e. this could be a good point to messure or better a foto from where to where it was messured. then i know how far i must push the frame back. then i need to get the right angle of this frame part an messurement from the front right suspension mounting point to any fixed point at the rear left side with that i can setup the angle of the framepart wich is deformated. Ofcorse i must exactly know on wich point to wich point the messuring was done any good positions like the small holes on the front or any bolts something wich is a good point who anyone can see directly. I have done an picture of what i mean here
    http://www.vmax.de/jpg/messurings.jpg

6. ernie

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    I'll be able to get you the measurements, the way you have it shown in the picture, when I get home later today.

7. Samy

Samy Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2005
    That would be nice thanks! If its possible please make pictures from where exactly you messured that i can put the messuring tape on the same points like you did. Or a picture with the messure tape still in place would be also good.

8. ernie

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
  9. Samy

Samy Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2005
    Yes i have this manual already. But there is nothing about the chassis in the manual. Only messurements of the suspension arms not from the chassis.

10. ernie

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    #10 ernie, Dec 3, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. Samy

Samy Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2005
    Nice picture , i try to email them. I can't speak english in realtime :) Don't find the right words so fast ..

12. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
  13. dasadrew

dasadrew Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Drew H.
  14. Samy

Samy Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2005
  15. dasadrew

dasadrew Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Drew H.
    Thanks Samy! Just downloaded and unpacked successfully. That manual is great - can't wait for something to break now! :D

Hope your story has a happy end.

Drew

16. luke.jenner

luke.jenner Rookie

Apr 4, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Luke
    Resurrecting a really old thread!

Ernie, do you still have the collision repair drawings for the mounting points for the 348 front and rear suspension? The car in question has taken a hit to both corners. The links above are dead which is to be expected after 14 years! I have tried to get the chassis alignment drawings to no avail. Happy to pay for them if someone can point me in the right direction!

Regards,

Luke