Ferrari 360 front fascia (bumper) black plastic area? | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 front fascia (bumper) black plastic area?

Discussion in '360/430' started by ThunderHill, Jul 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ThunderHill

ThunderHill Rookie

May 23, 2018
    Morris Plains, NJ
    Full Name:
    Toby Smith
    Hi all. My Ferrari 360 has a black area on the bottom of the front fascia (note: not the under tray/aero panels, the actual lower section of the fascia), which appears to be attached to the car. As you can see in this picture, its previous life in the city was not very kind to it.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I've heard of owners repainting or touching up their front fascias, but this black plastic doesn't seem to be automotive paint... at least none I'm familiar with. Can this even be fixed, or does the whole front fascia need to be replaced to get this black section restored?

2. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I just take a can of testors model spray paint, tape it and spray. It will be scraped again. Both front bumper and lower aero panel are fiberglass.

3. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    I did respray the whole bumper (red and black areas) then I applied clear bra on both and installed skid plates. Years later both areas still look like brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gt1995 and E60 M5 like this.
  4. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
  5. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    Same here with same results.

6. ThunderHill

ThunderHill Rookie

May 23, 2018
    Morris Plains, NJ
    Full Name:
    Toby Smith
    So that's really just black paint under there? Wow. Must not be cleared or something.

7. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Yeah, that’s part of your front bumper. It’s all one piece and made out of fiberglass. The lower portion you are talking about is just a matt black paint from the factory but someone may have sprayed it with that rubberized undercoating at one time. Or I see like 3M protective film in your picture. Did someone put that over it?
    At any rate like the others said it just a trade off for actually driving your car. Don’t spend too much fixing it because it is something you could (and will) scratch right back up on any outing.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

ThunderHill likes this.
  8. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
  9. ThunderHill

ThunderHill Rookie

May 23, 2018
    Morris Plains, NJ
    Full Name:
    Toby Smith
    Thanks, this is helpful!

10. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    This stuff is way cheaper and easier to install. And it is going to get carved up so you can replace it easier too. 3M body molding tap hold well. Just clean it thoroughly first. I filled the gouges and painted too. After 2 years is chewed but doesn't need replacing. I use curb ramps on my driveway.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files: