360 - Ferrari 360 FULL Timing Belt Service - Step by Step Cam Belts | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 Ferrari 360 FULL Timing Belt Service - Step by Step Cam Belts

Discussion in '360/430' started by spiderscott, Jun 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Yes it will. The operation of the clutch is entirely independent of the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

just confirmed by testing on my f1 modena. In an F1 car , if you shift to 1st gear then turn off engine, the flywheel and the clutch will bite. i.e. turning the crank nut will turn the rear wheel.

3. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Getting that big 36mm nut off the driveshaft is proving to be very difficult! I have like a 3 foot breaker setup on it and she is not going anywhere. Another thing that is kind of discomforting is that the belts were not super tight when I started but after wrenching hard they are very taught now. Should I be concerned? Or just get medieval with that bolt?

4. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    I’m not a pro.

It’s torqued to 145ft lbs. use a longer lever arm if needed.

If the engine spins backward, the tension on timing belts change. This is until spun in forward direction again.

there was probably a little reverse rotation on the engine when you were loosening the bolt.

You will see this if you spin the engine backward, for instance if you ever use the “engine stop” method for finding TDC.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Kevin Rev'n likes this.
  5. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin

Thanks for the reply, I have found a few more over torqued bolts than I would like so far getting to this point but this one is a toughy. Maybe an over eager junior tech was getting silly with some tools on the last belt change? I am thinking about taping off half the pulley and filling the dish with penetrate. I've got some "real" breaker bars and big tools but I want to use the smallest stuff that will do the job! It's my baby after all.

6. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Will I need to spin it forward again to get set up to swap the belts?

7. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    Yes, and follow the WSM. It’s pretty straightforward.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Kevin Rev'n likes this.