Ferrari 360 problems while charging | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 problems while charging

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Aj360, Jan 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aj360

Aj360 Karting

Dec 28, 2018
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    A j -aj
    hey guys I got a 2000 ferrari 360.. It died in battery didn’t drive it for few weeks I have a ctek on it charging .. I had to move the car and it wasn’t fully charged but started and moved it ... noticed it wouldn’t and didn’t want to rev over 1200rpm.. sounded semi like **** to .. :(.. and the brakes wouldn’t engage like normal .. few error lights to airbag .. then check engine light popped up now ... i didn’t switch the car off in the trunk .. my problem is i have to work out what’s going on more with the revs and brakes cause I have to drive it down a massive steep car park slope and with brakes that are working 20% I will end up crashing into a wall not Really a ferrari guru still learning any info would be great cheers guys

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    How old is your battery ? More than a few years just replace it and do a careful reset per instructions in the 360 section

3. Aj360

Aj360 Karting

Dec 28, 2018
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    A j -aj
    Doesn’t look to old looks new I got the car few months back was all good ran like a dream .. let it sit for few weeks died .. will let it do a full ctek charge... hopefully it’s cause the cars not charged enough

4. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The Ctek isn't mean to "re"-charge a drained battery. It's a maintainer. Don't be surprised if the battery is still weak after letting it on the Ctek. Batteries are cheap, get a new one if it doesn't hold a charge. Many many gremlins are attributed to weak or dead 360/430 batteries, stuff you wouldn't normally associate with a battery.

5. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    +1

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

6. Aj360

Aj360 Karting

Dec 28, 2018
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    A j -aj
    Thanks bob was little worried will get a new battery is there anything else I should do after a new battery ?? Or just swap start the car and go ??

7. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Turn off the master power switch in the front trunk, replace battery, turn on the switch, go for a long drive. The long drive part is just to bring a smile...

Note: if you turn off the power switch you will have to re-enter the code for the radio. Make sure you have the code card among your manuals. As a fail safe, "lil Daz" in the UK can get you the code on the 360/430 forum.