Ferrari 365 GTC\4 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 365 GTC\4

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Bowzer, Jan 24, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Hi Zanny
    I am not at all worried about the colour of the car being in "Blu Scuro" , rather than the original "Oro Kelso". In fact the colours of the car + the great condition and all history from day 1 of the car from the previous owners + a book printed about the car ( believe it or not ) and original sales brochure and guarantee booklet , manual and spare parts manual , even the radio guarantee ! And the Ferrari Classiche red book. Also, if I had the opportunity 50 years ago to order the car from the factory, I would have chosen exactly the same appointments. But for some here it seems like it's the end of the world. Funny one spends a long time searching a desired car going through all the pain and expense to find the best possible and, on here , out of all the components that constitute a precious treasure which has withstood the tests of time, only the car's external colour seems to be important. Well , that does nothing to me if the colour is as per factory palette and suits the car very well. Also, very important to me is history of ownership and workmanship along it's life which is present since day 1, and which gave me a great position in putting a fair value on the car and to know what was needed next to make it the perfect running car that it will be once finished. Possibly for another 50 years on the road. :) Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Would you please share with the community which Blu Scuro the car is today? Color Code I am talking about.
    There were 19 individual colors with the name Blu Scuro at the time.

Marcel Massini

Hawkeye likes this.
  3. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Can a copy of this book be bought?

Hawkeye likes this.
  4. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Hi Marc
    No sorry, the book is a one copy commissioned by the previous owner of the car and is specifically about 16075. A pure act of love by the then owner for the car.
    Yes amazing.

Ak Jim likes this.
  5. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Thanks that is actually what I thought, these books on a single car are the way to go, as long as there is a real worthy story to tell. I did one 12 years ago with Keith Bluemel on...the Breadvan;-) That one was published and sold to the public though.

Bowzer likes this.
  6. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    When I have the book with the car , when the car is delivered, I will give it a good read and see whether there is anything of importance to tell ;-) . But nonetheless a treasure to behold with the car :)

Nembo1777 likes this.
  7. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Really ? Image Unavailable, Please Login

Zanny1, Edward 96GTS and Nembo1777 like this.
  8. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #58 Nembo1777, May 5, 2022
    Last edited: May 5, 2022
    I love Oro Kelso, I drove one then owned by Motorcar Gallery to the Cavallino Classic back in 2004, photo credit indicated on the first shot; that was that very day. The second photo is when it -the very same car, can't remember the VIN- ended up in Australia after a spell in the northern US. I think it is also the very same car you show in your post above; just stunning, a lot of character, a car you remember whereas sooo many are silver or red or dark blue...

The dusty car indoors, identical color spec, standard rims, I found in a castle in western France summer 2009 (NOT for sale).

Oro Kelso, a color I know well since my Khamsin was born in that shade, is very light dependent as you can see in the difference between photo 1 and 2.
    I actually had both the C4 in the first photo and my K lined up for photos but they were lost.

Good for you if you like that blue, a nice color on a C4 but I would not hesitate one second to bring it back to original.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    It is very obvious that some colours are very dependent on the beholder. For example , for me, this colour would be great on the design of a 365 GTC, or a even a 365 GTB\4 but the C4, I am not convinced especially with equally light coloured leather interiors. But yeat again, it is a question of tastes. :)

Nembo1777 likes this.
  10. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Just one (1) 365 GTC Coupé was originally painted Oro Kelso and NO (-) Daytona ever was born in that super color.
    The paint name Oro Kelso 2.443.214 originates from a thoroughbred/race horse, in this case one which was born in 1957 in USA.
    In the 1960s Pininfarina and Ferrari used names of race horses for some of the special colors.
    See also my earlier posts about this/use search function.
    Gladiateur, Le Sancy, Dark Ronald, The Tetrarch, Gainsborough, Man O'War, Blanford, Colorado, Ortello, Blenheim, Tourbillon, Hyperion, Bahram, Mahmoud, Nearco, Bull Lea, Caracalla, Ribot, Molvedo, Seabird, Sir Ivor, Vaguely Noble, Nijinsky, Ortis, My Swallow and Acapulco, were all race horses and these names were used for paint colors.

Marcel Massini

11. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Yes, the famous racehorse names to GTC\4 colours is a quite a known Pininfarina idea for this model.

12. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    #62 TTR, May 5, 2022
    Well, that photo is not only questionable quality shot with questionable quality equipment, but with the use of flash makes the car and its color look even more questionable.

For example, a few years ago, I did a comprehensive or dare I say, “Complete” restoration on one of many Daytonas I've worked on over the years, including repaint with color change back to its original “Oro Chiaro”.
    After it was painted, I probably took thousands of photos, with two different devices, under variety of indoor/outdoor lighting conditions throughout the remaining portion of the restoration, but not necessarily focusing on the paint itself and I can tell you there are countless shots in which most would not believe it being same color or even close.

And same applies to most of the cars I’ve restored in past 40+ years and confirming the saying I paraphrased as my own decades ago “A photo can lie (or misrepresent) more than thousand words !”

P.S. I like that blue also and would it be mine, I wouldn't bother repainting.

Bowzer and Nembo1777 like this.
  13. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    #63 Bowzer, May 5, 2022
    Timo, I hear you
    Personally and this is due to the black rubber front bumper and the black rear insert and bumper , the only light coloured GTC\4 are the Bianco le Tetrarch and the Argento Ateuil. Also I tend to like the Marrone Colorado as a medium colour. Otherwise it is darker colours . In my opinion the shape of the GTC\4 has many differences from the shapes adopted in the 50's and the 60's.

14. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003

15. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    wrong jack. thats a 308 jack. should have the large head DAytona style yellow jack. just to be correct style for car.

375+ and Bowzer like this.
  16. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Thank you ED, it is being supplied too ;-)

17. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Blu Ortis

Marcel Massini likes this.
  18. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    16071 and 16075 started life as Oro Kelso , for sure

19. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    23 of the 365 GTC/4s were born in Oro Kelso 2.443.214.

Marcel Massini

Bowzer likes this.
  20. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    My mistake :) of course.

21. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  22. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I forgot about this thread.
    Took TTR's advice and pulled off the stick-on fender shields. These are the thick (Mylar, I believe) shields. Gentle, slow pulling.... easy to do. No fading in the 26 year old paint job, Whew - glad that was done.
    Correction to my earlier post - Rosso Chiaro not Rosso Nearco.

Friend's daughter loves the car. She's 32 and really likes older sports cars. Maybe there's hope for the younger folks after all.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
  24. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name: