Ferrari 550/Barchetta Carbon Seats | FerrariChat

Ferrari 550/Barchetta Carbon Seats

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by ajyiii, Aug 17, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ajyiii

ajyiii Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 6, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew Y
    I apologize if there is a thread somewhere here on this topic but I couldn't find one....... I am looking for a set of 550 carbon/standard barchetta seats to use in my 97' 550. Any color or condition is fine as I will have them re-done. Any links or leads are appreciated. Thanks, Andrew.

2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    #2 Auraraptor, Aug 20, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2022
    550 Carbon and Barchetta Carbon seats are VERY different.

The 550 uses the same (long defunct) supplier as was originally used for the 512M and 355. All three essentially had the same frame with slight variations of trim/finishing. All quite uncommon, particularly on this side of the Atlantic. Last set I came across sold for 20k…in under a week.

On the other hand, Barchetta seats are much more closely related to 360/CS/early 430/575/Enzo Carbon seats made under contract by Sparco. They are also the most common variant of the above cars, likely due to being the default option. The main difference between the V8 versions is the complexity of the stitch pattern (later models more complex) and amount of carbon hardware (CS with all Carbon). The 550b/575 seats differed in the shape of the seat belt hole (cosmetic slightly shorter openings) vs the V8s (slightly taller). The stitching is how I quickly tell the 550B vs 575 seats apart. Enzo seats were closely related but had their own unique hardware. Costs vary with full carbon CS seats (and presumably Enzo) on the upper end again 18-20k+ (if you can find a set). I have not seen a 575 set for sale in years. 550B sets pop up time to time varying widely in condition. Likewise the extremely closely related 360 Carbon seat tend (but not always) trade hands in high single to mid teens.

No affiliation 360 Carbon: https://www.ebay.com/itm/165568628897?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=nMShFusgT_2&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=NIlnmEWiToi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

FWIW, it appears 599 Carbon seats (extremely common) also are Sparco contract seat? Although unlike above, I don’t know actual details about them.

3. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I should add, what is your interior color? (I know you said you were planning reupholstering them but was curious)

4. ajyiii

ajyiii Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 6, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew Y
    Wow, thank you for all that info - and I saw that 360 set but passed because the seatbelt holes did not look correct for what i've seen in the 550 WSR models (and other 550s w carbon seats). I only threw the barchetta option out there in case it was a part number that Ferrari produced more of. My car is a very early 97' MY in Giallo Modena w blk leather. Because it is an early car there were just about zero options available, I figured I would source the carbon seats and try them out along with a couple other options that came on later 550 MYs. I bought the car with the factory modular wheels and sport exhaust already on it, previous owner did the traction bar upgrade as well. I'd be great with even finding a Sparco set that was close and having them upholstered in Daytona to use and keep the original seats on the shelf for a couple yrs of driving.