Ferrari 575M or Lamborghini Murcielago? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 575M or Lamborghini Murcielago?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by kizdan, Jan 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Ferrari 575M or Lamborghini Murcielago?

1. Ferrari 575M

2. Lamborghini Murcielago

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    Basically, yellow is the offical color of the city of Modena... so in my opinion is the color that truly belongs on the car to do the name justice. Just my opinion. Now, if I had put chrome wheels on it, with a big wing and big racing letters on the side, then your argument would have a point...

I HATE attention, and mostly drive my car at night or early in the morning, or to track events. Never to "hot spots" or "cruising" along popular places.

The bottom line is that I would choose the 575 over the Murcie every single time. Better refined shape... less in your face slutty (pam anderson) and more beautiful (supermodel)... better interior, and definitely fast enough. It you wanted outright speed, neither should be your choice...

Ernesto

2. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    575 for me. I love the Murcielago, but I have a thing for those front engine 12 cyl touring cars...especially after having the opportunity to drive a 575. I have yet to drive a Murcielago, but for those that said the 575 lacks power the Murcielago has, well...go drive one. I dont care how much slower it is than a Murcielago, but it has PLENTY of power for me!! Its a torque ho...and I love that kick in the pants acceleration feeling :)

I love the looks of the 550/575 as well. A complete throwback to the vintage 12 cyl. Ferraris.

But really they are two different cars...The 575 being a touring GT car, and the Murcielago being a more exotic sports car. Both are great cars in their classes but I dont htink they can really be compared equally to each other.

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Feel and experience are worth hundreds of thousands of dollars to me.
    If for some reason in the future i cant afford a Ferrari, i ll buy a car that gives me an almost similar experience..a Lotus Elise.

I 'll never buy a Ferrari because it attracts attention or too tool around a be noticed ...

4. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    Very easy answers to your question: Because they like the 575M's look and or feel better. Or they like a front mounted V12 over a rear-mounted flat 6. Or they like its engine note more. Or whatever.

This isn't a numbers competition, if it was the 575M gets a$$-owned and sent home in a bodybag by the Murci. It's more a question about the looks/layout/feel of the two cars and which people prefer.

And unlike Banana boat Ernesto, it's not about which car will get you the most attention either. It's which look/type of car appeals to you more.

5. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I bought into the "better than any other car" thing when I bought my 355 spider and quickly realised the one thing it does have is attention grabbing "Pimp status". It doesn't do anything better than a 40k vette but on the positive side I don't pull up next to some 20year old driving my same car at every other light. Heritage doesn't stop me from having to warm my car up for 15 min before I can start using second gear safely nor does it stop premature interior wear.That being said to me it was worth the extra money to have something a bit more exclusive than the next guy. Also I love the looks of the car. So to me, the answer to your question is attention, exclusivity,looks of the car.

6. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

The 575 and the GT3 are two completly different cars.
    Why do you even compare them ?

Someone in the market for a 575 wont think about a GT3 and vice & versa.Both are amazing at what they were built to do.

7. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    Agree on feel/experience. That's the ONLY reason to spend enormous sums of money on either of these two cars.

Also agree on the Elise. Anyone who hasn't driven one on a closed course needs to, it's otherworldly. Total go-kart.

Also agree on attention. If we were on the moon, and no one is going to see you in either of these cars, that shouldn't affect which one you're choosing for the poll. If you're saying Murci, I'd hope it's for how the car looks to YOU, not to others. I'm not saying 575M because of how that car looks to ME. Plus the Murci's torque is rediculous. Like a tidal wave of smoothness.

8. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    LOL... Ill never understand why people have to take these arguments personally, and start with the personal insults... We're talking about cars, not people... I suggest you count to ten, breathe in and out, relax, take a valium, and start again.

Ernesto

9. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    If a 40k Elise will give you a similar experience than why would you ever spend any more on a Ferrari? I just have a hard time believing that attention/exclusivity have no bearing on MOST peoples decision to buy a Ferrari.

10. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    As i said, almost similar.But if i cant afford a Ferrari such as a 355 or a 360, I ll probably get an Elise..But then i have never driven a 308/328 so i cant compare them to the Elise ...

The Elise is amazing to drive but feels to "rude" for everyday driving and lacks the ultimate rush i get when driving Ferraris.

11. saiid

saiid Karting

Jan 6, 2004
    London, UK
    Jeff, I agree with you on the 355. My favourite F-car of recent times, in any guise. Wonderful. If you drive an Elise and well, you know what a 355 is like, you will understand why the two are often compared.

Amenasce, I realised that after I posted. Stupid comparison, yes, I agree. But, do you see what I am saying? How about 575M vs 911 TT or even Jaguar XKR? I don't know. I just don't find its a very convincing car. Whereas the 360 is in its sector, I think..

12. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    I would go for a 575M in rosso corsa with tubi exhaust. (needs to be louder ;) )

13. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    The 575 is IMO an amazing car for one who wants a fast continent crushing machine with a bit of exotica. It looks gorgeous , has a superb interior , is very comfortable , has a vert good built quality .
    The 996 TT is indeed an amazing machine but ultimately it lacks the flare and individuality of the 575.

Both are great cars no doubt and its really a very personal choice.
    I drove the 996 turbo and i didnt feel any special sensation execpt when i was in Vermont and the roads were icey ..other than that it was almost dull.

14. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Here i come to save the day! I voted for the 575m!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Another Ferrari/Lambo thread. Constantly trying to measure up.

16. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    Amenasce

Did you also drive the Elise? Great experience. I've got one for when I'm in Europe (every fourth week). So basic, but it does its thing completely different than a Ferrari or Lamborghini. It's not about horse power. I think it is much closer to vintage Ferraris. I love it. Not very practical though, hard as a dayly driver in bad weather. It's not a pretty sight to see me climb in and out with the roof in place. And, try to close the roof when it suddenly starts pouring....But I agree that its the best bang for the dollar. Can't wait until next weekend, when I go to Europe again.

Rijk

17. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    The seats are empty at Taladega raceway, there are no spectators, no crews. Today is a private dual to settle the score once and for all. One trailer sits in the pits, the owner unloads his Mercialago onto the pavement. A glossy black Merc now sits prepped and ready as its crew fusses over the Lamborghini product awaiting the competitor. A second truck and its trailer make its way into the pits. The Mercialago driver leans up against his car with a huge grin as he watches the 575M being unloaded from the trailer. Behind the grin of the Lambo owner is previous trip to Gemballa shop to add his personal twin turbo touch to the raging bull.
    “So you’re going to race me in that?” asks the Mercialago owner. Team Ferrari responds with a warm friendly smile,
    “You’ll get a good look at the tail lights on this one, for this is the pace car!” Before the Merc owner takes his bench race jab at team Ferrari, the second car rolls out of the trailer. A gorgeous red Enzo steals the limelight away from the 575M. The smirk of the Mercialago owner is quickly diminished when he observes a special name attached to the Enzo. The Enzo too has taken a small detour prior to the race. The Mercialago owner knows full well, he will be up against a Koenig Enzo.

Now….. who would win?

- Gabe

18. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    murcielago (sp)

19. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    #44 allanlambo, Jan 23, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    As the Lamborghini driver laughs to himself and thinks "Just like Ferrari to try and be sneaky" he continues to laugh and think how its a compliment that Ferrari feels it needs to bring out a $1,000,000 vehicle to race his, at a 1/4 the price.

At that moment, he signals his crew and instantly pulls up a trailer, which begins to unload what looks to be an older Diablo. "For you my Ferrari driving friend, we'll go old school"

As the Ferrari driver watches in amazement, as the 1200rwhp Diablo Sv is unloaded, he mysteriously recieves a phone call, direct from Ferrari. Suddenly, the Ferrari crew starts to pack up and runs off into the night. Seems Ferrari, yet again would not allow to publicly test its almighty race car, as even they had doubts of the Koenigs ability.

"Ferrari... barks like a Rottweiler...bites like a Chihuahau"
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    See - the Murci is leading in the polls on Fchat.. Then everyone says the Fchat crew cant be objective and they only like Ferraris. I think this proves that most people on this forum are quite objective when it comes to the marques.

21. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Not really, since the 30 people that voted for the 575 are still on crack.

22. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Naa - I think they are looking for a different type of car. More understated GT, daily driver, weekend trip car..

I think this is a bit of an Apples to Oranges poll - but we've been down that path before.

Murci is a great car - no doubt.. There are people that own both. If they were that similar I dont think that would be the case.

However, for Murci money, I add a little more and get an F40. Better car and it wont depreciate like a Murci.

23. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Hey, to each is own. Personally, id take 1 Murci over 2 575's.

24. KMS

KMS Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    I'd go Murcie just because there are too many Ferrari's running around LA.

25. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    No (wise)crack, but I'll sum up my view of Lamborghini's various creative creations this way:
    It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

A 575M, I can live with.