Ferrari 575M or Lamborghini Murcielago? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 575M or Lamborghini Murcielago?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by kizdan, Jan 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Ferrari 575M or Lamborghini Murcielago?

1. Ferrari 575M

2. Lamborghini Murcielago

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Well, coming from someone who can live with a Saab....

2. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    one more vote for the Bull, fresh styling that seems great even after 2 years, plenty of room for down the line improvement, and a feeling that a 360 gets closer to imho, of excitement to drive when you get near it;)

3. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    LOL, these are always entertaining! :D

- Gabe

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Allan, I've seen your five reminders in 24 hours that I drive a Saab. Yes, I do.

Peel slowly and see:

Certain other people know this, too - but they don't know everything. As far as I am concerned, my semiretired-at-30 gold-digging (you have nooooo idea) ex-wife is not going to get a penny more than the current monthly amount I send, which is plentiful in addition to what used to be my cash and property. My daughter lives in a very, very large and lovely home on acreage in horse country - and attends private school - all on my dime. I will pay thru June, 2005.

You see, if I am impatient and run out and get myself a $100K car, red flags go up. If those red flags are obvious to b!tch, any of her nosier-than-five-women "spies" and certainly, CSE - then up goes my "Child Support" which is obviously, really "gold-digger" support. If her current husband wants to retire, well, he can do so on his own dime, not mine.

I pay myself - wisely.

What she doesn't know won't hurt her... or me. I'm thinking I'll get an '89-'91 Saab SPG sometime between now and June 2005 when I can finally let my hair down. Were I impatient, indeed foolhardy, I'd go ahead and get an Italian and/or German and /or British car now, and end up costing myself far, far, far more than what it actually costs by sending what is - and I desire to remain mine - to the b!tch. I think not. Best to be patient and drive a severely depreciated quirk-mobile in the meantime.

So much for that. But like I said, "It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there" is how I feel about Lamborghini's products. Obviously, you feel the same way about Ferrari's output. Otherwise, you wouldn't put Ferrari beneath Lamborghini, Porsche and Lotus. I understand your reasoning - I honestly do. I also believe the majority of this board's membership understands your point of view and is not deceiving itself into believing it is untouchable in every regard. It's not news, but it is annoying when repeated ad nauseum.

Oh - saw a black Diablo on Robertson across from The Ivy last night - stuck in traffic, of course, as in L.A., Thursdays seem to have a tendency to be out-and-about the night before many show up to work with a TGIF hangover. Shame, really - to keep that much horsepower from reaching it's intended destination sooner.

The way I see it, my ride is stuck in traffic - all the same, - if you can see the metaphor.

5. The_mickette

The_mickette Rookie

Nov 8, 2003
    France

6. The_mickette

The_mickette Rookie

Nov 8, 2003
    France
    I'll go for the murciélago.I love that car!

7. vette79

vette79 Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    same here. love the clean lines of the murcie, and anything that test drivers refer to as a "large, fast go cart" cant be all bad

8. ninja_eli

ninja_eli Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Ali
    You probably COULD have two for the price of 1 Murci... quite why you would want to is beyond me. Very different cars, but the 575 doesn't cut it, its playing a game that Aston Martin does better with the Vanquish.

For me, the Murcielago is the best car available today. Even with all its problems (clutch etc) it has the looks and the go. Obviously 996TT is 'better', but it just doesn't have the looks unfortunately.

9. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
  10. joopjoldersma

joopjoldersma Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Joop Joldersma
    I go for the 575 anytime. How can you vote for a car from a tractor factory?

Joop

11. JMJ575M

JMJ575M Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2002
    Chain of Lakes Regio
    Full Name:
    J Michael Jordan

I agree with you, rodsky. I just say no to the crack and the Lambos. I'd rather have 1 575 than an assorted half dozen Lambos.

JMJ

12. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Because the tractor factory makes one good looking, exotic, fast car.

13. FerrariFlip

FerrariFlip Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Bonaire,Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Philippe Haak
    Ofcourse the 575m, but the lamborgini looks very nice too.
    But i heard its not good on the track and that dissapoints me, so my choice is a silver 575m, very nice!!!!!!!!!

14. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Rijk,

I drove the Mk1 Elise twice on track . It was superb. I love this car so much :) . Actually having an unpractical car as a daily driver is a good think :) ..it kinda makes the day to day less boring :) .

Too bad they retain their value so well ( for me anyway ..i guess its good for you :) ! ) ..i cant find one in my budget and they are 7 years old already !!

Best

Andrew

15. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Which track isnt it good on? The one where it blew the 575M away by roughly 25 seconds like the Nurburgring? Or that it holds Top Gears test track record over cars such as the Koenigsegg, Zonda etc?

16. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    I'll take the murci over the 575. The murci looks awesome, and so do the 575, but you get more power and a rawer look with the murci. :D (But I am a true Ferrari enthusiast, and I would feel so happy if I drove around in a 575m, so if I had the them in front of me, I would take the Murci, sell it, and buy myself 2 Ferrari's A 360 and a 355 :))

17. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    Why?

That makes no sense whatsoever. I could see selling the Murci for another F-supercar, but for two entry-level slower V8s?

That scenario would never play out for you in real life, regardless of your F-car passion and here's why:

You'd drive the Murci for a week or two before selling it, then you'd hop back into a 360 or 355 for the first time and say "where in the hell did all the power go???". Neither of those cars is slow by any means but compared to them the Murci is a rocketship. Now it's not all about power of course, but once you've had a 550+HP V12 under your right foot, it's nearly impossible to go back to V8-land.

18. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    No, because the Lambo is not a Ferrari. Thats that.

I have had a passion for Ferrari many years now, a passion that Lambo could never take from me. Its quite funny, because before I began to like Ferrari, Lambo what my passion. But I found something I think is more beatifull, and have more prestige.

19. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    No, you have a passion for Italian sports cars, and this is exactly what's wrong with so many F-chatters.

You limit your view to Ferrari only, you close your mind to any possible discussion of Lamborghini because you feel they threaten the supremacy of Ferrari. In truth both Lambo and Ferrari represent equivalent doses of the Italian passion for cars, both offer their own unique pros and cons. A world without either of them is a far worse world to live in for the sportscar fan. I don't want JUST Ferrari or JUST Lamborghini to test drive and decide on, just like I don't go to an ice cream store with the name "One Flavor". I go to the store named "32 Flavors".

As far as prestige goes? Who the hell gives a **** about prestige?? If you want prestige go buy a Bentley Conti GT. Right now that's the Prestige IT car. Soon to be seen in every 2004 rap video.

20. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    You just don't get it. Take women as an example. You have a passion for italian blonds, but not italian brunettes. This is the same, I've once were to the blonds, but now I have a weakness for the brunettes(Ferrari) and those are the ones i get turned more on by, and those are the ones I have a passion about. I get a thrill when seeing a Ferrari I just dont get when I see a lambo. I do feel exited when I see one, Lambo are beatiful, but they arent a Ferrari. If you don't have a passion for them, you could never understand.

21. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Its great having a Lambo and a Ferrari. When i get out of the Lambo and into the 355, i feel as though im in a Hyundai and get to experience what the rest of the world feels like. Seriously, after a Lambo, any Fcar, barring a mega dollar F40/f50/Enzo, does not feel special. As for prestige, both cars are equals.

22. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Mako you need to make peace with the world. Remember....a hardcore fan has to give up on logic, intelligence, engineering, lap times, public opinion, and hang with the team during the good design years and the bad years. A hardcore fan still thinks the Dallas Cowboys or the Pittsburgh Stealers are the world champs.

No matter how cool Lambo makes the Murci (and its very cool already) a hard-core Ferrari fan can't go over to the DarkSide.

So relax and enjoy the blinding loyalty of true sports fans. Its an interesting human phenomena to marvel at ;)

23. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    You are misinterpreteting me, I too would choose a murci over the 575. It's very beatiful. But, if you are a loyal fan to a team, you stick with them throug the rough times, and throug great times. Ferrari is my team, my car, my passion. It is what gives me a thrill when I see one, or get a ride in one. I would defenetly not turn down a offer in the Lambo, but I would not get as much exited as if it was a 355 or F40. It's just my thing. Can't you see that? :)

24. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    LOL.. this is the stupidest thing i have read so far... so, people HAVE to agree with you and like the Murci, or else they are biased? Its impossible to like the 575 more? Talk about close minded!

Ernesto

25. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark

I’m trying to put into words the quality of passion that true Ferrari fans have.
    It supercedes all logical arguments. I have given up trying to debate with people.
    I realized that love has no reasoning.

I was just trying to have some tongue-and-cheek fun with Mako and maybe get him to realize what I have…. Some guys are super fans. I've seen it in golf, football, cars… it can be anything.
    "Super-Fans" know what they want and they make statements like "it’s a great car but its not a Ferrari"

If the car doesn't say Ferrari don't bother.

I'd love if Lamborghini would have put out the Enzo design, and Ferrari would have put out the Murci. Switch the nameplates and watch the hardcore fan have to reverse them selves

If the hardcore guys can say "well its not a Ferrari" that means the opposite is true. If it became a Ferrari overnight, then they would have to change there opinion of it. That’s what makes it funny to us that aren't Ferrari brainwashed.

I wish I were Ferrari brainwashed. Life would be more pure and simple. I admire you guys. But, I like all exotics equal and the nameplate has nothing to do with it. So for guys like myself and Mako and Allan, we can't help but notice how many times those little words come up….."its not a Ferrari"

No one is wrong. Some of us just think its funny.

I don't care which car you pick??? The poll shows that we are divided almost 50/50