Ferrari 612 ⚠️system not programmed (transmission control unit) | FerrariChat

Ferrari 612 ⚠️system not programmed (transmission control unit)

Discussion in '612/599' started by Colorado Kay, Aug 25, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Colorado Kay

Colorado Kay Rookie

Jul 21, 2021
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Keke wei
    I have recently did a transmission self learning calibration because my gear 3 to gear 4 had program of engaging the gear smoothly. I did with with the handhold scanner Foxwell preloaded with all Ferrari model’s softwares. Everything was working perfectly after the re-calibration. But before I exited out the process I selected reset the TCU transmission control unit to the factory setting. Everything still working perfectly. But I got the system not programmed warning ⚠️ on my screen. I believe the TCU proxi has been deleted during the reset process. Does any one know how to fix this problem? Thanks! Ps: I have tried to disconnect the battery for hours, days and months. That did not work.

2. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I would agree with your assessment of the likely cause. It should be a trivial task to restore the proxy alignment, but you need a tool that will do the job. SD3, Texa and Leonardo can, but at a more DIY friendly budget level, you can get a Ficom cable that can do proxy alignment.

3. Colorado Kay

Colorado Kay Rookie

Jul 21, 2021
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Keke wei
    I bought a foxwell scanner that preloaded with all the Ferrari models software that can even command the car to turn on and off each single lights or to check almost everything. Do you think it can do that job or may be not? I don’t remember I see the proxi alignment option any where in the menu of this foxwell scanner took tho. Are these tools you mentioned that cost about 2k or 10k something like that? My scanner costed me about $250. Also I have broken the anti-theft system by test starting the car with a duplicate key that doesn’t have a transponder chip in it. I believe the car self destructed the sensor on the roof dome light to prevent the anti-theft system to be compromised. I believe the sensor is in the motherboard behind the dome light unit. Do you have any idea how to fix it with a lower cost?(I do found used part for it but expensive and also worried the proxi thing will happen cuz the ECU won’t recognize the new part). what do you think about it? I’m not too good for car electrical system. I’m former Army M1 tank mechanic. That only helped me to install parts. The Army way to repair the system is to download the entire tank system every time when something wrong.

4. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I don't think the Foxwell can do proxi alignment, but being able to do actuations is really handy - its still a good tool. The Ficom is £300, so not crazy money.

The anti-theft system will not actively corrupt transponders. As it happens, my Ficom does have a function in it to program new transmitters / transponders (N.B. these are two different things). The antenna for the transponder is a little black plastic ring that sits on the ignition barrel.

5. Colorado Kay

Colorado Kay Rookie

Jul 21, 2021
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Keke wei
    Thank you so much sir! I see what you mean on the alignment thing. I will get a Ficom then. Do you know what ficom model that will work?
    The anti-thief thing I think I elaborated the problem wrong. It’s actually a fault message on the screen that says Alarm system failure, break in attempted. And when the car is locked the front light will flash every once awhile. That happened right after I used a duplicate key w/o chip in it to start the car. The car did not start with that key cuz the transponder did not detected. So I believe it has something to do with this action. But when I switched to my original key everything working normally and the fault message showed up. I read your other responses to an almost 10 year old post talking about this fault message and you changed the sensor behind the doom light and fixed it(you included step by step photos as well). I also read another post of another Ferrari model in this website talking about the headlights flashing after locked the car, and that person’s fix was to change the faulty old rechargeable battery for the siren system. That battery is for when the thief cut off the main battery the anti-thief system will still work.

brogenville likes this.
  6. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    If your unit has a proxi alignment capability it will be in the body module.

7. Colorado Kay

Colorado Kay Rookie

Jul 21, 2021
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Keke wei
    Oh that’s what it is! I’m going to check that on my tool to see if I can find it or not. May be I’m lucky enough to save some money. Or I’d just be end up with 2 scanning tools. Lol Thank you Windsock!

brogenville likes this.