Ferrari Diagnostic Tool for $775 (Launch X431 V Pro) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Diagnostic Tool for $775 (Launch X431 V Pro)

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by nessus-gte, May 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I stopped buying Ferraris after the 550 because I can't fix the F1 or DCT boxes and the incestuousness of CANBUS ecus. When $1000 tools become a game changer I will start buying again. I would love an F12. Thanks nessus for posting about this and keep updates of your LAUNCH use coming. You are giving us hope!

ernie and nessus-gte like this.
  2. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I truly believe they won't be able to answer because they did not engineer the software and probably don't even know how to use it.

3. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I think it is the same software repackaged for MAC tools ..so maybe a rep can help ???

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Dave- When all you do is steal someone else's software, the technical depth is about like a dog watching TV.

taz355, Jaguar36 and Dave rocks like this.
  5. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    flash32,
    Thanks!

6. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Anytime Vince

7. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

8. nessus-gte

nessus-gte Karting

Aug 31, 2014
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles
    :D
    I have been getting a lot of PMs about what features this unit has, mostly relating to F1 and E-Diff. I will be posting some more screenshots this week to answer some of these questions. I'm just at the point in my other thread of removing my actuator to get at the bleed screws, so I'll be more hands-on with this Launch shortly.

9. Jgivoo

Jgivoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2016
    New Jersey
    I have a version of Xdiag Pro V10.26 Why is your launch only at version V10.21. Also, not all that is shown works, at least on mine. Cannot access Beru Tyre Pressure system for starters.

10. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Where do you see they have a German parent company? Looks like this is the parent company to me: http://en.cnlaunch.com/ I'm with Dave that they are just ripping off either Ferrari's own software or Leonardo. With all the data being transmitted over CAN its very easy to stick a CAN reader on the network and just copy all the commands another software puts out and create a knock off.

11. mike01606

mike01606 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2012
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    Possibly so but I’d expect the IP owners to come down on them pretty quickly especially if they are distributing in the US and Europe.

Hopefully not true though as for the average owner something like this is long overdue.

12. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Guys - it's real simple - they have a product (software) that they can't support and software that does not work. Why? Because they did not write it - they copied it.

Jaguar36 likes this.
  13. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
  14. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Hey Dominick - yeah, I've seen that before. Looks like the splash screen is a bit different and they are not using the trademarked company (auto manufactures) logos.

BTW, I have this tool also - got it a few months back and have used it successfully on my Maserati to clear a TPMS fault. I have a factory SD2 though for Ferrari.

15. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    It is amazing ..good or bad ..how they cover over 72 brands with dealer level diagnostic

16. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Oh you mean like Mircrosoft!

ernie, taz355 and flash32 like this.
  17. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    No, not Microsoft. Last I knew, aside from the long ago Apple stuff they write their own software.

18. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Yeah but I can't say they support the products. Ever try and fail to get an answer out of MS?

19. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    On some, it almost reaches dealer levels, it does not carry out actuations on very much. I have only tried on Porsche and ferrari, it covers later Lambo a reasonable amount. My Autel does the same but only today neither the Autel nor Leonardo would access a 360 gearbox to read off parameters, despite several attempts. Neither of my scanners will allow some changes to clutch software other than PIS. They are windows into the ECU souls, not the fixes.

taz355 and Dave rocks like this.
  20. nessus-gte

nessus-gte Karting

Aug 31, 2014
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles
    *UPDATE*
    While working on my F1 actuator bleed, I realized something important about this Launch X431 V Pro.

Launch X431 V Pro does not support 5Ghz WiFi.

The Lenovo tablet that they used in this kit is actually pretty old. The evidence I see is that it is 2012 era. This is annoying to me because I beam over 2.4GHz to my shop and use a Netgear Extender to create a separate 5GHz access point.

This device does work perfectly fine for diagnostics while offline, though. Its just an annoyance that I can't do updates while in the shop.

21. nessus-gte

nessus-gte Karting

Aug 31, 2014
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Actual device specs for Launch X431 V Pro:
    Based on this model information I can confirm this tablet was released in early 2017.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    I've probably tried and failed to get an answer out of everyone I've ever known, at some point.

Beyond that, the significant number of computer users are willfully ignorant to begin with or don't read the manual. Or both. That isn't an indictment on Microsoft.

23. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    Anyone with updates on this? I have the Xdiag through mechanicservice6 but I can't use it until the app is updated and he's not answering his PM's.
    About the only question I have is will it do PIS and abs brake bleed on a 360?
    I've tried calling and emailing Launch and they've yet to return either,
    Thanks.

24. mike01606

mike01606 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2012
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    PIS depends on your TCU model and if it does connect it will only enter whole numbers. Otherwise TCU functionality is excellent.
    Brake bleed no but not really needed.

25. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    Back in 06 I put a CS TCU in my car so the PIS is adjustable. The ABS brake bleed just makes the job easier.