Ferrari driving experiences | FerrariChat

Ferrari driving experiences

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by noony, Mar 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    What are the options? ie equiv. to red letter days, but preferrably in the south of the country.

Thanks...

2. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I'm not sure I've understood your post. Are you looking to have one of those track days that includes a drive in a Ferrari? If so you should check very carefully what the day consists of and how many people, at the maximum, they will have as these days can significantly short change people.

I have heard of people spending £400 to get two laps of a track, one with instructor at the wheel. This amount to about 5 minutes, with you at the wheel for less than half that time

3. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Yes sorry, a trackday. One I've seen gave 4 laps each in a 360 and 328. I know this isn't very much, but it's better than nothing, and we can't really go and get test drives from the nearest ferrari dealer as we are not buying for a little while. My dad has never driven a ferrari, so before getting his wallet out he needs to know he actually likes the way the cars drive...

4. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    There's one way to sort this out....meet us tomm at Box Hill and he can have a go in mine.I'm sure some kindly 360 owner will offer a ride too.

5. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Hi Tony, how are you?

Thanks for the offer, can't do tomorrow, but the next one would be good. Any time during April would be great, as I have school hols(except the 10th, we're going to Bedford again).

As long as you don't mind the presence of a porsche with a rather nasty interior colour.

6. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Hi Jonathan,
    i'm fine except for England's p iss poor first half against France! No prob re tomm.I'll make sure you get advance warning of our next drive -out.

7. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Do you play rugby? Second row myself ;)

8. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    No mate ! Had a go at school-scrum half- and wasn't much good at it.Love to watch tho'.