HOU - Ferrari FF Help | FerrariChat

HOU Ferrari FF Help

Discussion in 'Texas' started by blkfxstc, Feb 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Hi Houston Folks!

I have been a vehicle lover all my life and have owned many but have not owned a Ferrari yet! Many have been sports cars, up to a Viper ACR road race car which I did track at times. I currently have a 2015 Mercedes S63 and am considering a change to a Ferrari. I am interested in a Ferrari FF but have never sat in or driven one (I did drive a 599 for 2 miles once). I attempted to get a test drive from Ryan at Ferrari of Houston but was denied until after I signed the paperwork to buy. Can anyone help me out here or have a lead? I have not been able to find one to rent either. I am willing to compensate.

Thanks in advance!
    Eric

2. Idesofmarch

Idesofmarch Rookie

Aug 21, 2018
    Full Name:
    Daniel You
    You should just buy the exact car you’re planning to test drive. Really. Test driving is what general people would ‘prefer’ to do; something like Ferrari, any Ferrari for that matter, you really don’t have to test drive, let alone be worried about whether you will like the car or not - because, frankly speaking, all Ferrari’s are exhilarating and worth owning. Every single one drives like a Ferrari. Especially when the cars are serviced by Ferrari dealers from previous owners, you need not worry about how the car performs or how it drives. Technically speaking, all the information already available to you be enough to get the car. So why wait? Pull the trigger already and skip the test to the actual drive!

Think this way: imagine at least one or two exotic super cars that you can think of right at this moment (LaFerrari, Chiron, P1, Huayra, etc). And now think how many of these car owners test drive the cars before buying them.

Unless you’re Chris Harris of course...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I wish I could feel comfortable doing that, but I don't want to sell the S63 which I like very much for an unknown I have never driven before.

4. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    I can't imagine buying a car without a test drive. What if the seat doesn't fit well? What if you don't like how the steering feels, or the throttle response or any of a hundred other things.
    Why would you want a test drive after you agree to buy it? That's not a test drive, that's just driving your car.

None of those cars ever get driven, so test drives hardly matter :-/

5. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i would gladly give you a test drive of my 430, but it is not at all what an ff is going to be like.
    frankly i dont even know an owner of an FF here in houston and i am in the ferrari club.
    and the only ones i see for sale are at FOH woodlands.

6. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thanks for the offer Ross! I have not seen many around town, so I was afraid of that.

7. JimC

JimC Karting

Jul 11, 2002
    HK / Houston TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
    To be honest that happened to me when I was shopping for the 430. I sat in one with the sport seats just to see if I can fit well and it worked so it kick started my search. I ended up buying an immaculate one with the normal seats but I didn’t do a test drive since it’s a friend’s friend; just saw the car took a ride and pulled the trigger. Long story short I couldn’t find a comfortable driving position as the normal seats are slightly higher. Just like I always wanted a 512 until I realized that I can’t fit in one...also tried the F40 and no go also...I guess I have abnormally long torsos.

However, I can fit well in the 458, 599, FF, Enzo so you never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaguar36 likes this.
  8. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Update on this: Ryan at FOH reached out to me and got me set up with a test drive in a FF. He spent almost 2 hours with me going over the car, FOH, and an extended test drive. I want to thank Ryan for making this happen and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a Ferrari.

Thank you to everyone in this post for their input and assistance!

ross, RyanFoH, Idesofmarch and 2 others like this.