Ferrari Supercars at Cars & Coffee on 3/21 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Supercars at Cars & Coffee on 3/21

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Tipo815, Mar 11, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dilancer

Dilancer F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dilan B.
    Might have to cancel my Vegas trip for this. :)

2. JC 550M

JC 550M Karting

Feb 22, 2008
    Murrieta
    Full Name:
    JC
    All I can say is; WOOD! I'll have to drag my butt outta bed for this one.
    JC

3. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    Unless your group is reserving the featured marque corral, you won't know what the featured marque is going to be on any given week. They don't want people to hear about a featured marque and decide to join the party because they happen to have the same make or model in their garage.

4. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Seems silly. On a certain featured marque day I coincidentally showed up and was directed to the corral anyway. It might require signing up in advance with a particular group but it'd be nice to know what's coming and when?

5. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    It might seem silly, but think back to when BMW was featured: Every yahoo with a propeller on the nose of their car showed up and took over half the lot. And when the NSX guys had their special day, word spread so quickly that almost 100 of them showed and overflowed the lot. Even worse, the S2000 guys figured it would be fun to show up too and it almost ended the show. It's better to be surprised I think, all things considered. Or just join clubs for all of your cars so you'll know when they are planning an event. Jaguar, Corvette, Ferrari, Civic...

6. ferrari sulla pellicola

ferrari sulla pellicola Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2004
    Los angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard
    this will definately be worth getting up at 4:30 am to make it on time!

7. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I don't think the Supercars are getting there till 7.

Worst case, we will just park them on the street outside. We're easy-going like that...

8. rrobello

rrobello Formula 3

Jul 25, 2005
    god that would be horrible...kind of like when it was ferrari that was featured and over 100 ferraris showed up or the same with lambos...isnt that the idea? :)

9. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Joe does the 288 belong to you?

10. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    That's a great question because it shows how people can be completely misinformed about this show. It's not about bringing as many of one make or model as possible. That's what car clubs might want to do when they organize their own gatherings or rallies. Reserving the featured lot at Cars & Coffee is supposed to be about showing the best of a certain make or model, about quality, not quantity. For instance, a "Mustang Day" might be organized by some club that promises 50 Mustangs. Word gets out and before you know it 300 Mustangs show up and take over the main lot. The regular showgoers get pissed, not because they don't like Mustangs, but because those Mustang owners aren't respecting the nature of the show or the show's founders and organizers. If you make it a Ford day, on the other hand, and include 15 special Mustangs along with a couple dozen GTs, GT40s, Cobras, T-Birds, etc., none of the regular attendees will complain. If another Ferrari Day is planned and the organizers communicate with the PAG guys to let them know 100 or 200 cars are coming, and those guys are cool with it, great. If they ask that only 50 special cars show up because there's not enough room to handle that big of a crowd, the f-car owners should understand and respect the wishes of the hosts. If they just show up on their own because they decided to crash the event, they should be directed to park in the spectator lot. Personally, on Ferrari Day I want to see all four supercars plus some classics and F1 cars. If there's room leftover, maybe the best 308, 328, 348, 355, 360, CS, F430, Scuderia, 456, 612, 599, Testarossa, Mondial, etc.

11. bkmberg

bkmberg Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2005
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frances
    ugh....can someone save me a parking space in case i run late?? pretty please??

12. bkmberg

bkmberg Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2005
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frances
    Jeffrey - Andy said great choice and that the F50 would be his first choice for a Ferrari Supercar.

13. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Indeed.

14. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Congradulations, I did not know you had one. Will definately have to stop and say hello to you.

Best,
    Tony

15. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    Just dont forget to bring the Baby Cub Tiger... Now that will make the show rare.....

16. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Please do stop by.

Someone else said they have a book for me to sign and Im happy to do that.

Regarding the 288 GTO: As you now know I try & keep my personal vehicles private...

17. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Well great to know an enthusiast (especially one local as my office is in LN) has these cars in their hands. Do you have the Haymarket Edition of Sports & Classic Cars presents Italian Dream Cars?

18. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Thanks.

I cant say Ive seen that issue yet...

19. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    I will bring it on Saturday, it was about $25.00 a few months ago at Autobooks in Burbank, thought it was a bit pricey, but great issue. From 288 GTO to Enzo, from Miura to Murcielago, etc.

20. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
  21. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Valencia is gone, this is in Irvine.

22. ollie

ollie Karting

Oct 7, 2001
    San Juan Capistrano
    Full Name:
    Oliver B. Cagle
    I'll bring my old 308 and see you guys and all the cars on the 21st. Thanks.

23. JC 550M

JC 550M Karting

Feb 22, 2008
    Murrieta
    Full Name:
    JC
    So are you guys still on for this Saturday? Seeing the Enzo, F-40, F50 & 288 will be special.
    JC

24. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    We're there! :)

25. JC 550M

JC 550M Karting

Feb 22, 2008
    Murrieta
    Full Name:
    JC
    AWESOME X 10^10th! See you Saturday, (think I should leave my 550 home and drive my soccer mom car, don't want to swamp the place with too many F-cars?.
    JC