Ferrari test car called F2008K Nov.17 | FerrariChat

Ferrari test car called F2008K Nov.17

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by YellowbirdRS, Nov 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. YellowbirdRS

YellowbirdRS Formula 3

Nov 9, 2005
    DFW/RGV/MX
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    #1 YellowbirdRS, Nov 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ferrari test car called F2008K

L. Badoer all set to test the KERS package

Ferrari's winter test car, based on the 2008 car, will be designated 'F2008K'.

It is believed the 'K' is a reference to the incoming KERS for 2009.

According to sources, the F2008K will be able to run in several key specifications; ranging from using ballast to simulate the weight of the energy-recovery technology, to eventually a fully operational KERS.

The car is set to make its imminent debut at Ferrari's own local test circuit Fiorano, and also in Luca Badoer's hands in Barcelona next week.

Di Montezemolo critical of KERS

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has criticised the introduction of Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems (KERS) in Formula One next year - claiming they are too expensive and questioning whether they will have any value for improving road car technology.

Formula One teams will be allowed to run KERS from the start of next season in a move that will improve F1's green credentials and fast-track car manufacturers' knowledge of energy recovery systems.

But di Montezemolo has spoken out against the move - saying he believes it is wrong to introduce KERS because the costs of developing the technology are so high.

"The future looks very complicated with these new regulations," he was quoted as saying by Autosprint. "We feel introducing KERS already this year was a mistake, even though we're in favour of F1 being a technological springboard. But the energy recovery system in the races will in any case be very different from the road system.

"It's true, however, that the costs are prohibitive, and with FOTA we've studied important proposals in order to meet Max Mosley's fair requests regarding spending cuts.

"The engine for three GPs for ten million euros means the cost is halved compared to 2008. In 2011 we'll get to five millions, compared to 20 millions from four years before then. On top of that, there is the reduction of testing to 15,000 kms.

"I think we need to rely on good sense: the general one, and the FIA world council's one. Our proposals approved for 2009 set an example. We have two objectives: to help the smaller teams, and to allow F1 to still do research and innovation, also for fuel suppliers.

"It's unthinkable that the big car manufacturers can accept to re-badge the engines built by someone else."

testing schedule:

BMW - Valencia

17th Monday - Kubica & Klein
    18th Tuesday - Kubica & Heidfeld
    19th Wednesday - Heidfeld & Klein

Red Bull - Barcelona

17th - Loeb
    18th - Vettel/ Loeb
    19th - Vettel

Renault

17th - van der Garde & Piquet
    18th - van der Garde & Piquet
    19th - Grosjean & Piquet

Williams

17th - Hülkenberg
    18th - Rosberg
    19th - Hülkenberg

Torro Rosso

17th - Buemi & Sato
    18th - Buemi & Sato
    19th - Buemi & Sato

Honda

17th - Di Grassi & Senna
    18th - Di Grassi & Senna
    19th - Di Grassi & Senna

Force India

17th - Sutil
    18th - Sutil
    19th - Sutil

Mclaren

17th - Paffett & De la Rosa
    18th - Paffett & De la Rosa
    19th - Paffett & De la Rosa

Ferrari

17th - Badoer
    18th - Badoer
    19th - Badoer

Ferrari testschedule:

This week 1 day at Fiorano - Badoer

Barcelona
    17 November - Badoer
    18 November - Badoer
    19 November - Badoer

Jerez
    9 December -Kimi
    10 December -Kimi
    11 December -Kimi

Portimão
    15 dec -Massa
    16 dec -Massa
    17 dec Massa

Ferrari F2008K-F2009
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Great post thanks!

3. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    Without all those winglets, especially the front wing looks as if something was missing!

(While the rear wing has a questionable look anyway. Hope we finally see better aerodynamic conditions for overtaking with such a radical rule change)

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    where does one get a test schedule (particularly interested in barcelona schedule until the race season starts again).

5. YellowbirdRS

YellowbirdRS Formula 3

Nov 9, 2005
    DFW/RGV/MX
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    #5 YellowbirdRS, Nov 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    here you have:

6. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    I don't like the rear wing, but the rest of the car looks great IMO!

7. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    no barge boards...the car looks great overall. i just hope they're heaidng into the right direction..

8. pbfoot

pbfoot Karting

Jun 2, 2007
    Don't like the front wing-looks like a step in the wrong direction. I understand the new aero limitations etc. but seems like there could be a better (looking at least) solution.

9. cabaynes

cabaynes Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Charles
    beginning to look a lot like an indy car with that flat front wing and no winglets/barge boards on the body... personally i think it looks like the cars stepped back about 8 years in time

10. Kalidengas

Kalidengas Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2003
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Full Name:
    J.Santiago
    I will be at Portimao track, no doubt!

11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    guys, its not a concourse competition or who can build the prettiest cars. If the car was judged on who has the prettiest car pagani would enter with the zonda F and the season would be over:)

12. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    I am going to reserve judgment until I see live shots, but I don't totally hate the above photoshop with all the decals. It looks a lot less cluttered and the lines flow better...I do agree however, F1 is not a fashion show (for the cars at least) so I don't really car what it looks like as long as it doesn't look slower on the track.

Mark