Ferrari vs Lambo - a frank discussion with special guest Allan Lambo | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Ferrari vs Lambo - a frank discussion with special guest Allan Lambo

Discussion in '360/430' started by Gary(SF), Jan 15, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Roger
    I don't want to turn this into a slanging match about Allan, in fact I'm sure Mark will bring out his post deleting and account banning wand the moment it does, but yes Allan has/does have issues with Ferrari owners/opinions and has rubbed people upthe wrong way on pretty much every performance car board on the planet. A lot of that can be attributed to the fact he is too forthright in his opinions for some. That said, he does/has owned some awesome machinery, with a lot of experiences he can share. I've argued with him as long as I've "known" him, but I still get along fine with him. Just think of him/treat him like an honorary Aussie **** st1rrer, who also happens to own some pretty fine machinery.

2. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    no worries mate , these debates mean little once the mouse it put down

3. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002

Wholly concur. Allan's a good guy in my book.

--Dan

4. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Count your blessings that nobody is saying "dude, the z06 is just as fast if not faster for less money".....yet.

5. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Of course she does! :) And I wouldn't want it any other way.

Gary

6. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Personally I am happy to see Allan back on this board. He can and does rub some the wrong way, but he has had a lot of experience with some cool cars.

7. GSpyder

GSpyder Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 10, 2006
    Maui, Az, FL
    Full Name:
    Allan-Lambo
    Dont worry, Im really not that much of a **** stirrer. Well, maybe I am...

8. Caghan

Caghan Karting

Jan 2, 2006
    Istanbul
    I think Gallardo miss time while gear changes and the awd gives a perfect road stability but that also causes power loss. In my oppinion if there is an Audi innterrupt to Gallardo's gear or awd system it really suxx for a 500hp super car. I think their strategy is to change The italian car feeling to a porsche driving feeling
    The auto gear in Gallardo reminds me the Tiptronic gear in Porsche for the performance values and mid accelerations
    Thats my oppinion for all

i look the Auto Motor und sport testyear 2006

F430 F1 vs Gallardo

0-80km 3.0sec - 3,3sec
    0-100km 3.8 - 4,2
    0-120km 5.4 - 5.6
    0-140km 6.7 - 7.3
    0-160km 8.6 - 9.1
    0-180km 10.3 - 11.1
    0-200km 12.8 - 13.7

Elasticity F430 F1 vs Gallardo

60-100km(IV to V Gear) 3.7/5.1sec - 4.8/6.2sec
    80-120km(V to VI gear) 4.5/7.3 - 6.3/8.1

Mid accelerations from upper table F430 F1 vs Gallardo

80-180km 7.0sec - 7.8sec
    100-200km 9.0 - 9.5

9. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Is this chart for an '06 gallardo, or 04-05?

10. Caghan

Caghan Karting

Jan 2, 2006
    Istanbul

Its on the Test number of the Auto Motor and Sport magazine
    Gallardo is not the SE(520HP) type its 500hp type

11. GSpyder

GSpyder Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 10, 2006
    Maui, Az, FL
    Full Name:
    Allan-Lambo
    It is true, older Gallardo does not shift nearly as quick as the new one, and inmo the 430 is faster than an older Gallardo straightline, atleast an Egear.

12. Caghan

Caghan Karting

Jan 2, 2006
    Istanbul
    BTW the Lamborghini Gallardo SE is 520hp i know this

But is this same as the 2006 Lamborghini Gallardo???
    i mean 520hp

13. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    The biggest thing I would like to avoid is hijacked threads....... otherwise I really don't care as long as it doesn't turn into a flame war. It's just like the P&R section.... some people like to argue a lot and some people like more civilized type discussion. I won't be using the ban wand so much as the post moving tools to keep things on track in various threads. :)

14. GSpyder

GSpyder Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 10, 2006
    Maui, Az, FL
    Full Name:
    Allan-Lambo
    Yes, exactly the same.

15. Fly'n DutchMan

Fly'n DutchMan Karting

Oct 4, 2005
    Agoura Hills CA
    Full Name:
    Sander Brouwers
    I've driven the F430 with both the stick and the F1. Up until this generation of F1 transmission, I wouldn't have bought it. I always felt that the 360's F1 and the BMW M3 SMG needed further development. The programing on the F430's F1 is finally acceptable and a pleasure to drive.

Having said that the F430 in a 6sp is still wonderful. I;'ve always felt if you are a capable heel/toe stick shift driver that as comfortable driving a manual in Honda S2000 as you are a top loader or Jerico, you can will only enjoy an F1 tranny as much as a stick, but never enjoy the F1 more than a stick. Bottom line is I could live with either 6sp or F1 in the F430.

The Lambo are another story, although the 6sp in the 2005 Murci I have driven was nice, although the clutch pedal did feel al little light, The E-Gear just isn't there yet for some reason. Why the E-Gear feels different than the F1 I'm not sure, they're both by Magna Marieli if I recall correctly. What would be much more interestiing is if Audi DSQ were installed in the Gallarado or Murci.

lthough for some reason I didn't mind the 2004 360 CS F1 as much as I dislike the 360 Modena's F1. Maybe this was just a jedi mind trick on me.

Most of the Lambo guys that are talking smack about Ferrari are the guys that bought Diablo's or Murci's used because they depreciate like brick and can be bought for a fraction of the cost of a Ferrari. Most of the Gallarado guy are in no danger of ever owning a F430, so of course they going to trash the Ferrari.

16. Piton

Piton Karting

Sep 11, 2005
    See now this is the kind of ignornat comment that starts flame wars. ALL of these cars are drepreciating rapidly sport, in fact I see five 360s in the FML right now that can be had for under $100k. If a Murcie is a "brick", the 360 is block of tungsten. It's the result of the massive influx of new models into that price range from many manufacturers (Aston, Ford, Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, Bentley, etc.) all competeing for the same dollars.

Ferrari's brass agrees, which is why plans are actually being accelerated to replace the F430 years earlier than would otherwise be the case, to keep interest fresh and not allow sales attrition on the model that keeps Ferrari's lights on at the factory.

17. GSpyder

GSpyder Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 10, 2006
    Maui, Az, FL
    Full Name:
    Allan-Lambo
    First I agree with you on your Murci Egear comments. Dont like it, wouldnt buy it. Only Egear that ive liked soo far, is on the Gallardo SE. Night and day from the old Gallardo.

Now as for your stupid comments on Diablo Depreciation, do yourself a favor, and go price similar model Diablo and 550/575's and see which one is worth more.

And hate to burst your bubble, ANY Gallardo owner could have purchased a 430 instead. They just choose NOT TO..

18. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I was pretty certain that Allan Lambo had drowned in his own Bull, but apparently not. Oh well...

19. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Very well said!! You have great insight!

20. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I am truly beyond help on manual trannys!!
    BYW very nice car in your profile!!

21. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    They "choose" Gallardo because they can get them anytime,no waiting, with a discount on top of it.
    Try that with a 430......

22. mrmckay

mrmckay Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2003
    MD, USA
    Full Name:
    Chris

Welcome back Allan! The board has been quite dull and one sided since you left.

Regards,
    Chris

23. GSpyder

GSpyder Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 10, 2006
    Maui, Az, FL
    Full Name:
    Allan-Lambo
    Thats funny, because when I drove the 430, I put the word out, and was able to instantly find a 430 at Sticker. Just not willing to play the game.....

Shortly after drove the SE, and instantly ordered the Gallardo Spyder. All the things I liked in the 430, wrapped in a MUCH more attractive wrapper.

24. GSpyder

GSpyder Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 10, 2006
    Maui, Az, FL
    Full Name:
    Allan-Lambo
    Thank you!

25. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    I was at Maranello Motorsport the other day, they have a 430 spyder and coupe in stock, both in resale red. http://www.maranellomotorsport.com/
    Neither did it for me style wise, this was highlighted in the company these cars kept; F40GTE and road car, 360N-GT, 550GTS etc.
    There's a really sexy pic of a members personalised 430 spyder that looks absolutely gorgeous, aftermarket wheel, lowered etc. Standard though, aesthetically the Gallardo beats the 430 hands down IMO.