Ferrari vs mclaren vs Porsche | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Ferrari vs mclaren vs Porsche

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Nincompoop, Apr 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Get one. I am curious though, how do you know sales are light on the 7675LT? I've asked the dealers I know and they are all spoken for. Now I am sure some will drop off but they are telling they dint have enough cars to sell.

2. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I am fairly certain Mclaren would not go bankrupt. An investor group would inject the necessary funds to keep the business solvent under a newly structured board.

3. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Perhaps that is the case in the US but not Canada. My dealer is the Canadian distributor.

4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Yeah I cant see them having any problem moving these. Going by the que and the claimed allocation I'm hoping for fall-overs or I may have trouble. Anyway let's see. I would really like one in my stable though. I't should be a marked improvement over 675. Worrying about Mac going broke is the least of my worries.

Gh21631 likes this.
  5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    If I lived hundreds of miles from a McLaren dealer, it would definitely be a disincentive to buy the 765. I have little tolerance for any car necessitating frequent visits to the dealer for repair.

Drson likes this.
  6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    This is why you need more than one car - you should always have a back up plan.;)

johnr265 likes this.
  7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I do believe the 765 should retain its value exceptionally well, short and long term.

8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #83 Shadowfax, May 6, 2020
    Last edited: May 6, 2020
    I think it should be fine. The main thing is it drives well and is reliable enough. You have to expect some loss. At least it's not a regular production model so there is some sort of safe-guard there. But in this day and age there is no guarantees on anything anymore. And when you look at what's coming through you could do a heck of a lot worse....very concerning.

9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I imagine location dependent.

10. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Where did you hear that 765LT orders have not met expectations? You’ve mentioned it several times so I’m curious about your source.

11. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    When I spoke to the dealer about an allocation, I was immediately asked to spec the car and send it in. At the time I was advised that interest in the car was intense and that an allocation would be difficult to obtain. Two days later , I was offered it. $10000 deposit secured it.

12. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Same. This week. Passed.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  13. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Interesting with the 765. my local dealer offered me an allocation (I had been promised one) and I passed. Cant justify the 200k hit to upgrade from my 720 to the 765. Would rather just add a 3RS or similar. But locally im told the demand is through the roof. my spidey sense and logic tells me otherwise.

I think its going to be a tremendous car but there is a new landscape that we are all playing in. Curious to see if models sit on the showroom floors like the 600 LT.

BCHOW and Gh21631 like this.
  14. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    When I visited the Mclaren dealer when the 600LT was introduced, I was told a similar story. Allocations are gone. The car will be highly sought after and increase in value . A short time later they called and offered me one.

stavura, dustman and Gh21631 like this.
  15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Which dealer? I know someone looking that cant get one.

16. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    People are turning down allocations that they don't have...

Mac san diego - 4 allocations
    Mac beverly hills - 16 allocations
    per gh21631 -Mac charlotte - 7 allocations
    mac sf - 13 allocations

Above is coupe allocations.

Mac dealers call around customers asking if they want an allocation - they build an interest list. The list is long, very long at every dealer. They submit many more names then their allocations to regional sales person, along with a write up of the person (buying history, possible conquest customer, etc.), Regional sales person approves/rejects the names (plenty have been rejected for various reasons). Approved names are more then dealer allocations. Dealer then determines who of the approved people are going to get one and in what order. Dealers still calling around customers asking if people want one (rejection rate is high (primarily due to not an established relationship with dealer and customer is in another dealer sales area). They are also setting up demand for the spider (which will be less then 765).

Common theme from some people I know on car forums is that they are turning down allocation that they don't have (I'm pretty connected with many sales/dealer types in USA). I've asked them that I see their customers on car forums saying they don't want one and they have little buying history... Common response from those persons sales/dealer; those people are way down the list and probably wouldn't get an allocation unless a lot of people dropped off.

Taking a deposit is still no guarantee of getting an allocation (interest list is different then approved list then allocation list).

Shack and Gh21631 like this.
  17. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    closer to $250K with tax on a trade in of a 720s to 765

18. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I get tax credit here in Arizona but yeah- regardless of the amount- Im just not interested. I love my 720 and see no reason to upgrade at this time.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  19. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    1. I would rather have the spider version, but have only been offered coupe for early delivery
    2. I so disliked my Pista that I cant see spending the time/energy/$ on a car that likely is quicker, but still souless for my purposes
    3. The 7 series replacement is not too far away (relatively speaking)
    4. Bev Hills

20. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    why do you think this is. Seems like a great car IMO?

21. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
  22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I'm pretty sure all spiders in the US were 2020 so the 19' is likely a coupe that they misadvertised. It also has 14k miles.

23. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    IPO1 likes this.
  24. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    yes, have to wonder how that many miles got put on the car in such a short time, hopefully it was a happy owner!

Still, heck of a price delta