FerrariChat.com welcomes newest sponsor Wide World of Cars... | FerrariChat

FerrariChat.com welcomes newest sponsor Wide World of Cars...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Dec 30, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I would like to welcome Wide World of Cars. I know there are already dozens of WWoC customers on FerrariChat.com, but maybe there can be even more. Thanks to Bruce for recommending FerrariChat.com to WWoC. Exciting to have our first sponsor that's an authorized Ferrari dealer in the USA! Let's give a warm shout out to WWoC!

---

Wide World of Cars is proud to be a sponsor of FerrariChat.com.* Wide World of Cars is one of the oldest and largest Ferrari Dealers in the US, established in 1974.* We have been the largerst pre-owned Ferrari dealer for the last two years.* Mike Mastrangelo, general manager and part owner of WWC, has been with us since 1977.* Our Ferrari factory trained technicians average 17 years of service with WWC.* We offer a full service repair shop and factory authorized body shop on-site. http://www.wideworldofcars.com

2. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Very cool! Hopefully they post on interesting cars they get! :)

3. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
  4. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    WWoC.....You've made it to the big time.....you're on Ferrarichat ! I always knew you guys were lurking around here anyway. :)

I'm stopping by around noon to pick up some brake pads.

Rob----Excellent choice. They are truly what every Ferrari dealer should strive to be . This makes me even prouder to be a member of this forum.

Tom Buckley
    The canoli guy

5. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I was WWOC's first customer. They rebuilt the transmittion in my 275GTB. They kept my 308 going for 85K miles. They kept my TR going for 115K miles. They restored my MK-IV which has won several trophies and was the only GT40 to finish the pebble tour without breaking down. They turned my Duesenberg from a trailer queen into a driver. They've kept my Maser in top form. I've sent many F chatters to them and as far as I know they've all had a great experience. As I've said before: Mention my name.
    Best
    Jim Glickenhaus

6. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    great to hear, I am going to have some work done soon and now I will sent it to them. Congrats Rob

7. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    I have purchased two 456's from them. Both transactions were smooth and the cars were as described. The service department took car of several small warranty items but didnt have a shock in stock. They shipped it several days later, it beat the car to San Diego. I would deal with them anytime.

8. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Wow...! Awesome...! Welcome, WWoC...! Some day, when i buy a Ferrari, it'll be from WWoC... It'll be a black Enzo... You hear that Jim Murphy...? Please prep a bay for a PPI for a black Enzo in about 20-30 years... :D

9. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    20 or 30 years??? Oh H-ll no. 4 years for you to get a degree with high grades - keep zipper in the up and locked position - get good job. Keep zipper in up and locked position then save save save. Then buy Ferrari.

Don'ts:

Do not buy an expensive house that you can barely afford
    Do not lease a car (daily driver) - get a good one and own it
    Then buy the Ferrari

I upgraded Girlfriend 1.5 to Fiancee 1.0 then Wife 1.0. That has set me back a bit. Pre purchase accessories have included new King sized bed (not that this is a bad thing), 4 stone wrap for her engagement ring and various assorted things bought after she said "Well you ARE getting a Ferrari". God help me when I tell her this is only the first one.

Ferrari first...then kids (as in PAID OFF Ferrari). I'll start saving for the next one after the 308 QV I hope to get is up to snuff.

10. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Oh, by the way... James Glickenhaus referred me... :)

11. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LSU, i've got a long way to go... None of that 4 years of school crap... i'm taking a different, longer route... :)

12. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Well, I have met a few 6 year Seniors.

13. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LMAO...!!!

14. squidracing

squidracing Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    WWoC is a close and valued friend of the FCA Empire State Region.

WWoC is the Ferrari dealership who's the major sponsor of the Watkins Glen Labor Day FCA Empire State Region track event.

Mike and his crew are central in helping us put on one of the most banner track events of the year.

FCA Empire Region is very appreciative of the support we receive from the dealerships in our region, WWoC being right in the thick of it.

Welcome aboard.

Matt Karson

15. trkevin

trkevin Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    K. Blommaert
    Very good sponsor for Fchat. Good job Rob.

I would be nice if WWoC would promote Fchat at it's customers.

It should be great if they also participate on Fchat, FE post pics of their showroom, answer on questions,...

16. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Or if they let me go down there every so often and take pictures and i'd post 'em myself...! :)

17. johnw

johnw Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2002
    toronto
    Full Name:
    john
    that's great news. they will get alot of business from the best ferrari board in the world

18. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    My Mondial is in the WWoC body shop right now (after having been rear-ended by an idiot). The WWoC selection was easy because I've heard nothing but positive comments from Jim and others in this forum.

19. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Out of curiousity, what are their hours?

20. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Oh and more importantly, do they have some type of pick up from your house and trailer to and back for a fee? If so I will have all major services done by them. Thanks guys.

21. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

Yes. It's enclosed too.

Tom

22. red-riot

red-riot Karting

Nov 14, 2003
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jon
    These guys are top-notch. I've purchased two 355's and my F40 from them, not to mention countless BMW's. Jim Murphy and Justin are super knowledgable and professional. Not a single weak piece to the dealership. Bodyshop is A+, Parts, etc also A+. Glad to see them take an interest in the FChat family.

Jon Freeman