News

Ferrari’s in Louisiana (Baton Rouge/NOLA)

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by VAF84, Oct 7, 2020.

1. VAF84

VAF84 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

I finally purchased a cargo trailer and debating whether to bring my F430 to the area I’ll temporarily be working in for the next 9 or so months. I’ll be in the outskirts of Baton Rouge, near Addis area to be more exact. I remember some roads weren’t all that great, but does anyone have a pro/con to brining the F430 with me? I may need to find a storage to park it as well; unless I mostly keep it in the cargo trailer. Less concerned about keeping it in there over the cool winter months.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    For me, a trailer would be TOO easy to steal.

Bound to be some indoor storage in BR that's safer, but I never moved there and right now have no suggestions...
    There's a new shop expanding in Houma and that's good news, I think.

I would love to have my 308GTB there in BR.
    But I'm trying to be "low key" into town so likely the last thing I bring over.

I told her "If I dumped the drum sets, records, clothes and the Ferrari in your yard, they would think you married into the Rolling Stones".....

4. BigTex

Rossa Subscribed Owner

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The New Orleans guys have a Car Vault somewhere..
    Houma would be closer than that though......

5. VAF84

VAF84 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Are you moving to Baton Rouge? I lucked out, we got an apartment with a garage in it (townhome style). So I'm keeping my trailer at an outdoor storage facility, and the car will be parked at my apartment. I'm having the e-trac installed on my trailer as we speak, may be able to bring it with me in the next week or two. I do feel like the car will stand out too much around here. Will have to take very early morning drives to try and stay incognito. My wife hates the idea of having it here, not to mention it's a 1 car garage and it's taking her vehicle's space; but at least now I can work on little things here and there, or at least go to the garage and look at it :D.

Texas Forever likes this.
  6. BigTex

Rossa Subscribed Owner

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Denham Springs.....Walker........over there!

*pointing*

Wait, a hurricane on Wednesday, let me check my schedule!
    I've given her "options"....

I can come in low key, in the white truck, or....
    I can throw the drum sets and Ferrari in the yard, like the Rolling Stones have arrived...:D :D

Your wife is probably "not wrong" as far as unwanted attention let me see what I can find...I'm ready to build something but have one more surgery, from my bike wreck.

7. To remove this ad click here.