Ferraris seen on the road. | Page 102 | FerrariChat

Ferraris seen on the road.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Babylon, Mar 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    360 CS driving on the Canary Wharf/Cabot Square Tuesday am, ***VAE I think. Red, with a seriously loud exhaust!

Also, keep seeing an R plate 550 all over Central London.....Silver/Black. I see it up by Canary Wharf and out Kensington way and several places inbetween.

Jamie

2. Bukem

Bukem Karting

Sep 27, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Ben M
    yeah, I thought it looked better in the metal than on TV. The rear 3 Quarter was more haunched on the road than on the box, and as I said the sound was worth the price of admission alone!

3. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    Silver 550 on the Brompton Rd this morning, about 6.30am....S50***

Silver 360 (with aftermarket rims, I think) tonight in East Sheen, Nr Richmond not 100% on the plate, but something like R6TAW

4. MINIF328GTS

MINIF328GTS Karting

Jul 6, 2005
    cambs
    Full Name:
    Stephen

5. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Aston Martin DB9 convertable south on the M6 at J15 about 11am today.

6. MINIF328GTS

MINIF328GTS Karting

Jul 6, 2005
    cambs
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DF40 GREAT STAUGHTON AT 14:30 ROSSA CORSA AND BL**EE LOUD:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

7. qaev

qaev Karting

Jul 22, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Quentin
    Blue 456 on A281 at Shalford this pm. Didn't get the reg.

8. Andy 308GTB

Andy 308GTB F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Jun 2, 2004
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    Andy M
    This guys gets around - I spotted him on the 5th November with his buddy...

''Silver 550 - Reg S50 xxx and a Red 308GT4 coming past the railway station (Billericay, Essex) and heading for the high street''

9. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    Saw a number of Ferrari's parked up by the riverside in Bath on Sunday - 2 x 348's (one of which was filthy - good work!!!), a 550, a 328 (which looked awesome!), and a 360 Spider with "I'm having a midlife crisis*" written all over the reg plate. There was also a Maserati 3200/4200 there too. All very nice.There was also an older Ferrari which was pretty cool - not sure what, but would guess at a 330 GTC.

*reg suggested it was bought for a 40th b'day - read something linke WA5 4TEE. Very witty!

Other spots include a Black 430 on the M4 near Chiswick about 11.00 am Saturday, a Sivler 550 parked up in Knightsbrige again, a silver 360 joining the Highway in East London tonight...and the list goes on!

All the best
    Jamie

10. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody

11. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    DB9 in Heathrow short term parking last night and dark coloured (Blue?) 360 near Putney at 11ish (PM)

12. Carbonrider

Carbonrider Karting

Aug 9, 2005
    Harpenden, Herts
    Full Name:
    The Mad Professor
    360 Spider, Harpenden High Street
    Bently Continental GT, Harpenden High Street
    DB9, you've guesssed that... Harpenden High Street (what's happening to this place?)

2 DB9, different roads, City of London. Not sure whether I have spotted the same car twice or actually saw two different cars.

I am surprised by how little 575's seem to be spotted. I guess there aren't many of them.

I keep on seeing a black 550 that used to belong Eddy Ervine, at Prestige Audio in Rackmansworth. Seems to be more there then with its current owner :)

13. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    DB9 on Putney High Street. I have the plate if anyone wants it.

DB7 round the back of Putney near the boathouse (its always there).

An old roller (OLD. Like wedding car old) on Putney High Street too

14. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Silver 550 on a flatbed outside putney and a bentley gt just a bit further out.

15. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    If you're staying in Putney you should definately take a trip down to Joe Macari http://www.joemacari.com/ as they currently have some rather nice cars in the showroom (Enzo, Superamerica, F50 etc)

16. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thats where i'm going today :)

17. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    2 tone (Black w/ silver roof) Phantom on Putney Hill

Black Phantom in someones drive on the way to Wimbledon (from Putney. Just after the hospital)

2 Aston DB9's in Wimbledon today (1 conv, 1 coupe). Coupe was dark grey, conv. was black.

DB7 in Wimbledon

Black Bentley GT in Wimbledon

Doesn't look like i'll be getting down to Joe Macari this trip. I'm going to London on Friday tho so i'll see some nice cars then :)

18. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Just poped out for some fish and chips (only was out for like 10 mins) and saw a green DB7 and a black (?) DB9 in Putney. I think the DB9 is one of the ones i've seen before. But still, they're everywhere!

19. MINIF328GTS

MINIF328GTS Karting

Jul 6, 2005
    cambs
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    without me being rude m8, but this post is when you spot ferrari's on the road not aston martins yer there great cars and all but there popular!!

20. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    My bad. I know it is but there is no "Off Topic Spots" thread and since porsche's, ascaris, lambos, bentley's, mercs, rolls have already been mentioned, i see no harm. I'm only here for another few days :) Also, these cars may be owned by fellow fchatters. Not everyone on fchat owns JUST a ferrari you know? ;)

21. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    Hi Chris, welcome to the Uk.

I think the point would have been better made if MINI said "dont bother mentioning them, you'll see them every day in Putney". Like you, I'm a car nut an am amazed at the cars I see on the way to work every day (I live about 2 miles from Putney). Seriously, I see numerous DB9's ever day, almost every day I see a couple of Ferrari's, Benltey GT and on and on. London is like few other places in the world for car spotters, its certainly not like many parts of the US I've visited.

As mentioned above, you should take a trip to Joe Macari's. From Putney Hight St, its only a 5 minute cab ride and its worth it to see whats in the window. Last time I drove by, there as a Zonda, 575 SA and an Enzo in the front. You dont see that everry day.

Enjoy you're time here in London. Are you here for the weekend? If so, let me know and I'll try and catch you for a beer.

All the best

Jamie

22. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    PS guessing that you're into older cars (from the photo), right next to Macari's is a classic showroom - I think its called Chelsea Cars. That'd probably be worth a visit too.

Jamie

23. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    wow, this thread is long, and i just made it longer. hehehehehe

24. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks guys. I won't mention the common cars from now on. I come here at least once a year to visit relatives. We used to live here (near Esher) and moved over to the US 6 years ago so i know all the places to go, but thanks anyway.

The place next to Chelsea Cars has some nice stuff sometimes too.

25. qaev

qaev Karting

Jul 22, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Quentin
    Rosso 355 Berlinetta on A3 at West Hill last night. Reg M***NEL (I think).