FF interior sabia/blue or blu/black | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FF interior sabia/blue or blu/black

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Georgemaser, Jan 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    George I prefer the dealer demo spec though that interior looks a bit fragile in the sabia color. The black dash and wheel just don't fit together against that blue on the other car. Those bits should have been done in the same blue for a more uniform look. The contrast (sabia and blue) on the demo car is part of the appeal but the other car can't pull it off in the same way it succeeds on the demo FF.
    That is a nice find with only 1100 miles! I think the FF will be missed once the demo cars are all gone from dealerships.
    Did you sell your F12? You mentioned previously, the dealer didn't want it back...

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  2. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  3. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Another vote for Sabbia/Blue.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    My experience over the past 20 years has been light interiors are actually easier to maintain that dark ones. Dark ones show everything, alot like the outside of the car. I used winter mats in the winter but otherwise the leather is easy to keep clean.

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

uhn2000 and of2worlds like this.
  5. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Of course you are right in the general sense. However, modern leathers are treated and things like drink spills can be effectively handled if they are attended to in a reasonable time frame. More tricky, but still manageable is dye transfer from blue jeans. That happens on all leathers. Of course black will hide it best. The only thing I've found as a way to manage it is to wash new jeans over and over and over and hope to get as much dye out. However, even when I have that, I just use some gentle leather cleaner it it usually gets out most of the transfer. The other factor is how much this would bother someone. I look at it as just part of the use of the vehicle. Some people would cry to see a lovely light interior with some blue jeans dye transfer. I agree, in a daily this is likely a more important factor than in a car that gets less than daily use. It's just another thing to consider.

of2worlds likes this.
  6. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think it depends. The dark leathers will show cracks more because its more of a contrast. Also they would show crumbs and things kids are likely to bring or generate. But I think the light interiors do show more blue jeans dye transfer. Also now we are talking about the whole interior vs the leather. As you said the matts can be changed to something that is more durable or hides dirt better. I tend to focus more on the seat leather as that is where most of the wear and tear occurs for me at least. I do think darker = easier to live with, at least in my experience. BUT, this is Ferrari, even if its meant to be more of a daily car, I would want the "nicer" interior. That's just me.

of2worlds likes this.
  7. Georgemaser

Georgemaser Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Michigan
    Thank you all for the replies. Well, I went to Texas this weekend to see the 2015 with the blue seats and the black interior. It looked better then I thought it would but not great. I would have gone for the 2016 demo with the Sabia/blue but I stumble upon an interesting looking 2012 458 Italia and drove it. What a hoot! Now I am not sure what to do. The FF was to be a weekend car for me. I don’t want to drive it to work as some clients will think I make to much money, even though I probably work twice as hard as most of them.
    And yes, of2worlds, I did sell the F12 it is at Marshall Goldman’s.
    So, again, another dilemma. Real world problems I know!

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    For weekend driving get 458. For DD get FF.

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

uhn2000, Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  9. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Not sure what color the 458 was that George saw.

However blu TdF with cuoio daytona seats is the acme of perfection!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  10. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I had the porcelain leather in my Mercedes treated with Dr Leather Dye Block. 10,000 miles later still looks new, no jeans transfer.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  11. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I will look that up- I've never heard of that! Thank you, this is one of the many things I love about F-Chat. There is a real depth of knowledge!

21ATS likes this.
  12. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I agree with this 100%. The 458 is one of the all time great Ferraris in my opinion. Looks wise its not even a fair comparison, but my goodness, the FF/ GTC4 are handsome but maybe quirky, the 458 is simply gorgeous. And you know the rest.

But, if I remember correctly, and apologies if I have misremembered things, George, didn't you move off the F12 because it was a bit too much of a sports car vs more of the FF's GT car nature? The 458 would be even more of a sports car. It will egg you on- even more so than the F12 and even more than the FF- go faster go faster go faster. My neighbor's son gave me the best description I've heard so far: a jet fighter for the road. Some of our members that drive race or track prepped cars all the time will probably think the 458 is not so hard core, but if you're not used to that sort of thing, the 458 would get a little tiring on longer drives because its a constant stream of excitement and emotion and sound. All good things. But you can't live on cake and cookies, as appealing as that might sound!

So- if I remember correctly, there is a reason you moved off the F12 and wanted the FF- it seems they got the balance of factors just right for you with the FF.

What spec is the 458? Yes, first world problems. Both great cars!

deltona and of2worlds like this.
  13. F5506M

F5506M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Save the 20K. I do not have the lift system so never have used it.

14. Georgemaser

Georgemaser Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Michigan
    Caerileus 11, you are somewhat right. I felt the F12 was ‘fun’ when you were hitting it hard but you were going 100mph when this was happening. It seemed to me that the 458 was fun when I was going 30mph down a side street. Don’t get me wrong the F12 is a great car but I felt like it wasn’t as ‘fun’ as my neighbor’s Lamborghini Huracan.
    The 458 I drove was a 2012 with 6000 miles and had a two tone paint job, Silverstone with Argento top. Had LED steering wheel and lifter.
    They are asking $204k. Is the lifter necessary ? I saw a 2013 with 1300 miles with no lifter and no LED for about $10k more.

of2worlds likes this.
  15. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I completely understand that.

Interesting paint scheme on the 458. Probably very handsome- though I am not typically a lover of the bi-color livery. I think for resale the LED steering wheel and lifter are helpful. Especially the LED wheel. My opinion on the 458 is the lifter is not absolutely necessary unless your area has some more difficult streets/ driveways than my area. However, if you were to lower the car a little bit, then the lifter becomes more necessary. As there are a good number of 458s on the market, I think the cars that have more to offer will do better. I'd love to see a pic of the car.

16. DaveMc

DaveMc Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Caeruleus11 likes this.
  17. DaveMc

DaveMc Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Palm Coast, Florida
    I agree too.

18. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Silver for the roof is somewhat unusual. Typically the roof is a dark color.
    Long ago in (2007?) before it was a popular idea someone in the UK ordered a black 599 with a silver roof from the factory.
    The steering wheel lights can be a distraction though for others it is a 'must have' option right up there with the race seats. There are lots of choices when it comes to finding a 458 if you decide to go in that direction...

19. vegasviper

vegasviper Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2005
    Las Vegas,NV
    I have crema interior and my DD FF, it really isn't much of a hassle.

vinuneuro and Caeruleus11 like this.
  20. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    The attachment doesn't work and returns an error... I'd love to see :)

21. vegasviper

vegasviper Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2005
    Las Vegas,NV
  22. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    vegasviper likes this.