FF values. What's going on? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

FF values. What's going on?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by puckybadger, Apr 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    It seems to me that the 2+2s are only looked down on by those who only see the brand in terms of the 2 seaters and not even the GTs. Those who, say in the 90s would only see Ferrari through the lens of the 348 and 355. Those folks never even consider the 550 and it is to their great loss. No less the 456. Those actually familiar with the brand recognize that the family extending across the sports cars, the GTs, and the 2+2s has almost always been the case. The least talked about, reviewed, loved (at the time) of the famous 250 series of cars was the GTE....yep, the unloved 2+2. Same engine, same trans, mostly same interior parts, different body....and responsible for keeping Ferrari financially alive through the early and mid-60s.

Valet parking guys are a great object example. When I pull up in the 456M, they recognize that it is a Ferrari (shields help...lol) but I haven't encountered the first one that can tell me the model #. The 456 is completely free of model badges. They all fail the quiz, but they all stand around and ooh and ahh over the beautiful Pinanfarina design. When they ask what it is, I tell them it's a real GT, a road car, not one of those little sports car thingies that can't grow up past a 8 cylinder....what they say?? Real men, real cars, Ferrari V-12s.....look it up, I tell them.

The 2+2s aren't the 2nd class citizens. We're the Daddy! Why? Cause as you so correctly point out, Enzo said so!!

(As is usual on line when posting humor and sarcasm, it must be labeled as such or some sensitives will take offense. So, this is mostly humor, but I do like messing with Valet guys who think they know everything.....you know, the "that's not a Ferrari, they never made 2+2s" etc. I can't imagine the BS that FF guys get sometimes....)

2. timjen88

timjen88 Karting

Aug 20, 2015
    Colorado/Palm Springs
    I bought last Sept, '14, 12.5k miles, $160k.

gsm348 likes this.
  3. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I got a lot of, "what model is that?" questions with the 456M. Many more people know what the 360 is.

4. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yeah, just another of those mid-engine V-8 boy racer wannabe cars....2/3 of a motor just doesn't seem worth the bother....:cool:

Merlin Auto Group and G. Pepper like this.
  5. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    gsm348 said:
    Anyone have any data points of what the '12-'14s real transaction prices are at?

It seems like the ask for a ~12K mi car is around $150K and cars > 20K mi are asking around $130K but everything sitting for a while before sold.
    I was happy to pay 190K last summer for my 2014 with about 5K miles, but it was aggressively optioned, and from a Ferrari Dealership.

Your just not going to get an FF with a pano roof, front lift, adaptive headlights, shields and a great color combo for $130 to $150K, ain't going to happen. You can find a low optioned, higher mileage, bad color combo that someone sniped at an auction in that range, yes.

timjen88 and uhn2000 like this.
  6. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    It's a pain especially with my 4 yr old where I have to make sure to get in on my knee and secure him. Additionally if there legs are not long enough to be over they stick straight and so depending on how far the seat goes back you can get some wonderful shoes prints on your leather. All this aside they love it and my older boy (6 and tall) absolutely wants to sit in the front to play with the passenger display. Haha.

sisiay, of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  7. smggms

smggms Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Matt Godwin
    any major issues? expensive maintenance, i assume ff dont have Crazy F1 TRANS :)

8. smggms

smggms Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Matt Godwin
    have you seen the actual production car,? it does not look like the original concept at all ..
    i cancelled my order .. realy ugly

iloveferrari likes this.
  9. bearmdjd

bearmdjd Karting

Jul 10, 2017
    Link to pictures?

10. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    F1 gearbox not bad at all. Lusso's better

11. smggms

smggms Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Matt Godwin
  12. bearmdjd

bearmdjd Karting

Jul 10, 2017
    Jaguar36 likes this.
  13. smggms

smggms Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Matt Godwin
    I hope im wrong , few dealers I asked they didn't have new update.. that what the refer to
    I put deposit on this .. hopfully he will deliver this time :)
    Look very promising ..astonishing design the new fisker E-motion

https://www.fiskerinc.com

14. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I have only seen the "cross turismo" pictures like the video and I am not really interested in that vehicle. I let my dealer know I was only interested in the non cross over version of the Mission E. The dealer assured me the deposit was fully refundable. I haven't been able to get any information on origional version other that the concept. But I do know the doors are now conventional and there is a B pillar which is much less appealing. For now I am leaving my order in play until I get definitive information on the other model. There may be some later advantage to have an assigned allotment for a new model if nothing more than trading purposes on something else?

15. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    That is my hope and is also what I have been told by the dealer.

16. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Utterly ugly;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I absolutely admire your blunt ways! Awesome! All that aside the FF was my first Ferrari love and regardless of its awkward angles it will also have a special place in my heart! I love the 2+2 Ferrari's and they may be the biggest depreciation item I have bought but they just work so well with my height, my needs, and my general commute style etc.

18. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    :)
    i love the car passionately!
    and i love the 2+2s. i have all 3 of them!

19. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    456/612/FF ?

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  20. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yes sir
    03 456 GTMA (4k miles)
    09 612 oto (6k miles)
    12 FF (25k miles)

sisiay, of2worlds, BaronM69 and 5 others like this.
  21. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Thumb up

otakki and Caeruleus11 like this.
  22. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Amazing I was actually looking to add another FF back into the stable, it was F12 raw but maybe get a Rosso one to keep it fun!

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  23. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    So....Beauty, Beast, and Daily....makes perfect sense.

otakki and Caeruleus11 like this.
  24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    :)
    and none of them have shields

25. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado