This is a FW mod for those who are interested. It is not for wimps. This will change the charator of the drive and the the compromise would be toward track use. So Ernie, remember when we talked about this experiment? I have had very little time but here is what I have done to the 348 FW assembly. You can see I cut the grey spider looking things off. I lathe cut off the surround of the center splined hub to minimize its size and weight so i could weld it to the cake platter. This was not easy or cheap. The center hub is supper hard. I destroyed several colbalt and M series tools to cut this thing off. I almost gave up but my last tool finished the cut. I have to find the right tool to make this cut easy. The way I did it took way too long and can't be good for my lathe either. Anyway, I'll weld it up Tomorrow. Then I can put it together with the old spacers but my plan is to make a more robust spacer system that can't rattle and find someone who can spin balance the assembly. I'm not sure who can do that. If someone knows please chime in. There are many pounds off the assembly. I estimate 5-7 lbs so far, no spiders, no center hub guts, no plastic things, no springs, no rattling metal guts. When I do my test and pull the OEM assembly I'll weigh it. So the result will be a solid FW assembly using all stock componants. This is not for the street but for perhaps track use or overly aggressive street users.